Friday, October 13, 2023

Friendly Fill-Ins and Eddy's Pumpkin Pals

Hello and happy Friday the 13th, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. Before winter arrives, I need to stock up on _________.

2. Only _________ until _________.

3. I was relieved to find out _________.

4. _________ was a shocker.


My answers are below in bold.

1. Before winter arrives, I need to stock up on furnace filters.
(I change my home's furnace/air filter multiple times throughout the year, when the air conditioner as well as the furnace are constantly running, but for some reason it's when autumns rolls around that I always remember to stock up on them. I guess that's just when I always run out, or I'm simply reminded by the first use of the furnace for the season. Either way, reminder to self: get more furnace/air filters.)

2. Only 18 days until Halloween.
(Not that I'm counting down to my favorite spooky holiday or anything like that.)

3. I was relieved to find out Astrid's newest lumps and bumps are all benign.
(In pup Astrid's Wednesday post, we talked about her recent vet appointment for a check of a new bump we found on her. The vet also found another new lump while examining her. Both were found to be benign, which indeed made me very happy.)

4. Yesterday's weather was a shocker.
(We've finally been enjoying lots of autumnal weather. It's been in the 60s, and I love it. Except yesterday, when I walked outside after work and discovered it was 80°F and humid. I hadn't been paying attention to the forecast or even that day's current weather, and the heat was a bit unwelcome. We're back to the autumnal weather today, though, so I can't complain.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

It's time for your Eddy fix. Are you ready? Just yesterday we made a comment on the kitties' toys and toy bins. Eddy prefers to live in my bedroom, where she has her very own toy bins. They look a little like this:


You can barely see Eddy modeling her toy bins over there, so I tried to get some shots of her better posing with them. Being the Blooper Queen she is, this is what Eddy offered as a photo shoot:


And we wouldn't be complete without a blurry, terribly lit close up shot.


Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

We've made it to day 13 of our 31 Halloween tips. Today's tip is likely the last in our discussion on pumpkins, and it's also more than likely an obvious one. Nevertheless, we're here to remind you to take precautions and to keep your furbaby safe if you get festive by carving a jack-o'-lantern. Carving a pumpkin means pulling out knives or other sharp objects, which can of course be a danger to your kitty or pup. Do not leave any knives sitting where your furbaby might walk or jump, and certainly don't leave knives unattended. If need be, activities such as pumpkin carving can be, and perhaps should be, done in an area where your furbaby does not have access. This would allow for the prevention of any accidents. Also think about after you've carved the pumpkin, and do not leave the knives sitting dangerously in the sink or elsewhere. We've also already discussed safety around candles in jack-o'-lanterns, as flames are of course another danger. All in all, if you are carving pumpkins or partaking in other similar Halloween festivities, always be aware of your furbaby's proximity and safety.

5 comments:

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I think you need a few more, Eddy :) Are those all yours or do you have to share with your siblings? I answered the same thing for #1! Just ordered them this week.

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers- especially the one about Astrid's lumps being benign. I like the drawing and these are great shots of Edy including her tocks. :) Great tips too. XO

messymimi said...

Hello, Miss Eddy! You have a smart mama, changing those filters so often.

Eastside Cats said...

We understand how those lumps are concerning!
Good that they have been a nothing-burger.

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Supurr fill-ins, and we're so glad the lumps and bumps are nothing to worry about! Eddy looks like she's gearing up for Halloween and is on top of the job, really cute! Happy Sunday to mew all!