Friday, October 20, 2023

Friendly Fill-Ins and a Tombstone Toy

Hello, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I may _________, but I _________.

2. I keep forgetting that _________.

3. This time of year, _________ is my favorite treat to enjoy.

4. _________ scares me more than _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I may be seen out in public sometimes, but I would almost always rather be home with my cats.
(I've mentioned many times here on our blog how I'm a homebody. I know a lot of people might consider it unhealthy to always want to be home and to not do much in the way of socializing, but the simple truth is that I just like my home. After all, that's where my kitties and pup are.)

2. I keep forgetting that most of my furbabies are seniors.
(My only furbaby who isn't considered a senior is Tonks, who is 5 years old. Astrid and Evan are 10, Thimble is 9, and Eddy is 8. Most of them don't act their age, luckily. Even with Astrid's past health issues and Evan's current armory of medications, neither of those two act 10 years old. They are active and playful and all that wonderful jazz. And neither Thimble nor Eddy act "old" in any way. I'm beyond glad that my senior kitties and pup don't act like they're in that age category and therefore allow me to forget they belong in it, but when I do think about it, I admittedly freak out a little bit.)

3. This time of year, cool weather is my favorite treat to enjoy.
(I tried to think of a treat of the food variety to put here. The kind of treats I enjoy, though, are ones that I mostly eat throughout the year as I crave them. So when I tried to think of something I enjoy that I can only find this time of year, I had to pick the weather. Autumnal weather is my favorite, so I enjoy this time of year so much for that alone.)

4. My furbabies falling ill scares me more than myself falling ill.
(I'm not looking to fall ill, obviously, especially since I want to be able to take care of my kitties and pup to the best of my ability. But, getting diagnoses for my furbabies always terrifies me more than myself getting diagnoses. I think it just comes down to knowing that they can't understand any of my explanations as to why they're having to go to the vet, why I'm shoving drugs down their throat, and all that jazz. And, of course, I really just can't stand seeing my kitties or pup feeling ill.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for your Eddy fix? Of course you are. Last week, Eddy showed you all her jack-o'-lantern toy bins. Today, she's showing you one of the toys she pulled out of those bins during that photo shoot. And she made it a festively spooky one.


The spooky one we're referring to is the tombstone she picked, of course. The yellow crayon was also removed from the toy bin. After all, it's a favorite around this house.

And, in true Eddy style, she also has plenty of bloopers from this photo shoot. See?





Eddy wishes you all a fun Friday!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

Just yesterday, we gave the tip to avoid walking your pup or kitty on Halloween during trick-or-treat hours, in order to avoid the increased foot and road traffic that could lead to dangerous situations. On the other hand, today's tip involves some ideas for staying safe should you and your furbaby find yourselves out and about on Halloween night. If you're out on a walk on Halloween night, or any night for that matter, be sure to take a flashlight, as well your cell phone in case of emergency. At the same time, though, don't be distracted by using your phone instead of observing your surroundings. What's more, ensure that your furbaby's leash and collar include reflectors, and that you yourself are wearing reflectors or at the very least bright clothing, so that both of you can remain seen and safe.

Another important factor if walking with your furbaby on Halloween night is to know where it might be safest to walk. Obviously, dark alleys are not the way to go, but you also want to ensure that you don't end up with a scared furbaby on the busiest trick-or-treating street. So, if you must head out for a stroll with your furbaby during trick-or-treat hours, think ahead about what route you should take. As we previously hinted, it should be a safe, well-lit area, but also one that won't be hustling and bustling with trick-or-treaters. This is especially important if the pup or kitty being walked is skittish or aggressive in any way. All in all, think ahead and make plans for where you can most safely take a walk with your furbaby should you need to go out on Halloween night.

Also, one last note we want to make is to watch your furbaby closely when walking them on Halloween, as well as on the following days. Trick-or-treaters might leave behind candy, candy wrappers, parts of costumes, or other unsafe goods. So, do keep an eye on that furbaby and make sure nothing unsafe makes it to their mouth when walking during the Halloween season, and year round.

6 comments:

pilch92 said...

Great answers to the fill-ins. I feel the same on #1 and 3. ANd I love the cooler temps too. It is sad that our furbabies become seniors so quickly. Cute shots of Eddy. I would love to rub the tummy. I LOVE the drawing and your tips are great. You could sell your drawings for cards. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You have the cutest Halloween toys, Eddy! I can't handle the thought that Mudpie is a senior either :(

messymimi said...

Cooler temps are lovely. I don't blame you for being more upset when the animals aren't well, it's so hard on them.

Thanks for the Eddy photos!

Eastside Cats said...

Nice belly, Eddy!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

TBT: I loved your fill-ins! I'm a homebody, too. Sometimes I don't leave the house/yard for a week. My 3 year old car has only 2,100 miles on it. I made my house/yard my focus. Most people would go nuts, but it suits me just fine.

I seldom think of any of The Mews as elderly (except at some Vet visits) until there is actually an age-related problem. Iza really took me by surprise at age 12. Mostly it seems to be 16.5 here that they decide to head OTB.

Fall weather is a treat to me too. I Love Spring for planting and Summer for growth, but Fall is my fsvorite temperature time. 70F is my favorite outdoor daytime temperature and I like cooler nights.

I pay better attention the The Mews' health than I do my own. They go to the Vet every years for shots and exams. I haven't been to my DR or Dentist is 3 years. I better make some appointments.

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Meowvellous fill-ins! And Eddy is looking supurr cute with her Meowoleen toys!