Friday, September 6, 2024

Friendly Fill-Ins and Eddy's Window View

Hello, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. _________ is a movie I would like to see.

2. _________ is a museum I would like to visit.

3. I've been complimented on my _________.

4. I once got in trouble for _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. Longlegs is a movie I would like to see.
(I'm pretty sure I mentioned this movie in another recent fill-in. It's a new movie that I've heard is a creepy, psychological horror-thriller. It also stars Nicolas Cage, and I've really been enjoying a lot of the new movies he's been in. I mostly wait for movies to be available on the streaming services I have access to, which is why I'm still waiting to watch this one. I'll be excited when I can give it a try.)

2. The Halloween Museum of Salem is a museum I would like to visit.
(I don't know why, but I've always found museums a bit boring. I enjoy learning, and so I've never fully known why I feel this way, but it is what it is. That said, I wouldn't mind someday visiting Salem, MA, including the Halloween Museum there. There are also some Salem witch trial museums there that I would probably find interesting as well. I don't like traveling, mostly because I simply prefer being home and with my kitties and pup, but if someday I do travel, perhaps I'll visit Salem and the museums it offers.)

3. I've been complimented on my creativity.
(I've gotten compliments when others have seen my drawings or read my writing. I always appreciate the compliments, as there are times I wonder if others can understand or enjoy what my brain and hands come up with. I know I have some weird and out-there ideas sometimes, so I appreciate knowing that my creations bring others even a little bit of joy.)

4. I once got in trouble for getting distracted by a cat.
(Honestly, this has happened more than once in my life. Whether it was a family or school or other sort of event, I've more than once been told to focus on a task at hand rather than pet and fawn over a kitty, or a pup. There's little chance I'll readily obey that sort of order. I'm generally a pretty focused person, but when a cat or dog enters the picture, that goes right out the window.)

Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Today's Eddy fix comes yet again from her post at her favorite window. This time, though, Eddy climbed to the very top of her cat tree to get a higher vantage point.


I've said this before, but I just love when Eddy's snaggletooth co-stars in her photos. Just look how cute it is!

Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

While we're supposed to get another heat wave later next week, the next few days we'll be enjoying very autumnal temperatures. That makes it feel like Halloween is right around the corner, which makes me happy, and which made me think of this flashback doodle.




***
Tip of the Day:

Today's autumn pet safety tip relates to those leaves, sticks, and other debris that ends up on the ground this time of year. Though they might seem harmless, it is possible for even simple fallen leaves to pose a variety of risks. If your pup or kitty is accustomed to chewing on or ingesting leaves, sticks, acorns, and other bits and pieces that frequently fall from trees during the autumn, for example, then medical issues could result. There is a chance that your cat or dog could end up with gastrointestinal distress if they eat leaves and the like. In worst case scenarios, ingestion of large amounts of leaves, sticks, or acorn material could lead to perforation or obstruction of the bowels.

Another similar risk might come from sharp leaf stems or sticks. If your furbaby is playing out in the yard where leaves are thick and obscure what's beneath, for example, then it is perhaps possible for them to sustain injuries to the eyes, legs, or other areas of the body. This might occur if a stick or leaf stem scrapes or pokes them while they are walking or playing in fallen leaves. In order to prevent injuries and other potential medical emergencies, you can try to keep on top of picking up leaves, sticks, and the like in your yard, so that dangers are less likely to lie in wait. It is also, of course, important to monitor your kitty or pup while they play in the yard or make their way on walks. This way, you can try to help them stay safe from injury from autumn debris on the ground. Of course, though, despite our best intentions, sometimes furbaby emergencies still do occur. If anything of the like occurs, do not hesitate to seek veterinary assistance.

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

Salem would be a great place to visit. That museum also sounds like fun. Have a great weekend!

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. How funny that you have Nic Cage in #1 instead of me. I didn't even know he was in that because as much as I love Halloween, I don't like scary movies. I went to Salem once and all I saw was the whaling museum- boring. Adorable shot of Eddy and cute drawing. Excellent tips too, as always. XO

messymimi said...

Getting in trouble for stopping to pet the pets is a common thing, I think. Thank Eddy for posing, I so enjoy seeing her.

Sandee said...

1. Reagan is a movie I would like to see.
2. Louvre is a museum I would like to visit.
3. I’ve been complimented on my loyalty.
4. I once got in trouble for telling the truth.

Thank you for co-hosting the Friendly Fill-Ins.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You can see the neighbors much better from up there, right? I said the Salem Witch Museum too :) And I've been accused of #4 too...even of paying more attention to an animal than a family member. Oh well! LOL

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those were really good answers! Looking good Eddy!!!