Friday, September 13, 2024

Friendly Fill-Ins and Eddy's Window Whiffies

Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. _________ would make me happier than _________.

2. _________ raises my blood pressure.

3. I have a lot of _________ that I don't use.

4. I never seem to have _________ when I need it.


My answers are below in bold.

1. Having more time to spend with my furbabies and on my passions would make me happier than almost anything else.
(This answer stems from me having this past week off of work, and during this time I got a lot of things done that I don't usually have time for. Looking at this from certain angles, obviously things could be a lot worse. Having a healthy family, both human and furry, is of high importance, and so on and so forth. I also don't mean to complain, as I'm grateful to have an income. Even so, I'd love to have more time, especially more time outside of my full-time job. Of course, this is something a lot of people wish for.)

2. My kitties or pup being sick raises my blood pressure.
(Seeing our furbabies ailing and trying to make them feel better can be a stressful thing, as I'm sure you all already know. When my poor Evan's megacolon acts up and he ends up constipated, even though I know I have multiple medications and even at-home enemas to work with in order for him to feel better, it still stresses me out.)

3. I have a lot of notebooks that I don't use.
(I'm one of those people who loves stationery. I've always loved notebooks and have acquired many over the years, probably because I love to write. The problem is that I'll see a cute notebook and buy it, but then because it's cute, I don't want to use or "waste" it. Then it just sits on my shelf looking pretty, and that's kind of sad. I do intend to get over that and put the poor notebooks to use.)

4. I never seem to have time when I need it.
(This heavily relates to my answer to #1, and this is certainly something a lot of people can relate to. Time is precious, and also seemingly in short supply.)

Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for your Eddy fix? Yes? Well, you'll be getting yourself a shot of adorable Eddy, but the girl was admittedly yet again too busy watching the birds and squirrels to pay the camera any mind.


That there was taken on one of our days of beautiful, autumnal weather, before the current heat wave swooped in. Eddy hopes you're all enjoying lovely, window whiffies weather!



***
Doodle of the Day

I spent part of this week finishing up a few kooky doodles as well as scanning the completed ones. As I was going through them all, I realized I never shared this one that I scribbled up a while back. So, here's this weird little something.




***
Tip of the Day

Today's autumn pet safety tip is a short and simple one, and that is to keep up with those preventatives. Even as the weather cools in the autumn, and even winter, it is possible for there to be days and conditions that allow for fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, and other parasites to survive. Bites or infestations of certain parasites can potentially lead to a variety of diseases or other medical concerns, some of them life-threatening. In order to better ensure that your kitty or pup remains healthy and happy, therefore, do consider administering their preventatives year-round.

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

Very cute Eddy pic. Great fill ins. We had the same answer for #4. Have a great weekend!

Sandee said...

1, Unity in the United States would make me happier than just about anything.
2. Dirty politics raises my blood pressure.
3. I have a lot of clothes/shoes that I don’t use. I used to have three sizes, now I just have my size. Cut down on a lot of clothes.
4. I never seem to have enough ice cream when I need it.

Thank you for co-hosting the Friendly Fill-ins.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. Scritches to Eddy. ♥

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. I am the same way with notebooks and have quite a few right now. :) I love the drawing, my hubby and I are big Sci-fi fans. Nice shot of Eddy and great tips. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I didn't answer notebooks for #3 but I could have! I have a ton too just because they're cute (they have cats on them).

Eastside Cats said...

Space aliens want cats too!

messymimi said...

Time is the one thing we all need to spend wisely and could still use more of constantly.

Eddy, you have a wonderfully scratchable area under there!

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Looking gawgus Eddy, and supurr fill-ins. The P.A. says snap on #3, and is exactly the same; the notebook is too cute to write in... and mew definietly can waste it, ever. In fact, if they come in a cellophane wrapper, they stay in the wrapper - forever! MOL
We've just had an idea to solve the dilemma, in the future, buy ugly notebooks!!!! MOL MOL MOL