Friday, August 7, 2026

Friendly Fill-Ins and Glamorous Eddy

Hello, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.

1. _________ was money well spent.

2. _________ was a big waste of money.

3. If I became famous, it would most likely be because _________.

4. _________ was the worst hairstyle I've ever had.


My answers are below in bold.

1. Getting gutter guards was money well spent.
(This is such a random answer, and one that proves I'm getting old. That said, my mom and I were talking about it recently, and so here we are. When I had my roof replaced after hail damage a few years ago, I almost didn't get the gutter guards that they roofers recommended. Home insurance covered a good chunk of my roof repair, but I ended up having to fork out a hefty sum for lumber. For that reason, I considered saving money by foregoing the gutter guards, which weren't all that cheap either. I ended up getting them, though, and I am so glad I did. My gutters stay completely clear of leaves and other debris, never clog up, I never have to climb up there to clean them out, and here I am singing the praises of none other than gutter guards.)

2. The warranty on my laptop was a big waste of money.
(Here's the thing—if I'd actually used the warranty, maybe it would have been worth it. However, my computer started having issues quite literally one week after my warranty expired. So, I'd paid for the warranty, but because my computer broke 7 days too late, I spent money on said unused warranty and then also the repairs. Warranties in some cases can be great. For instance, my aforementioned new roof needed a repair recently, and its warranty completely covered it. But, in the case of my laptop, I just wasted my money.)

3. If I became famous, it would most likely be because of Evan.
(I follow a lot of kitties online who have become their own version of famous because of how extra special they are. I sometimes wonder what would happen if I created actual social media pages for Evan, and if I had any skills in said social media. Would my extra special boy be "famous"? The reality is that it doesn't matter, because no matter what the world thinks, my boy will always be the best, most special, amazing kitty to me.)

4. My childhood perm was the worst hairstyle I've ever had.
(I was born in 1989, and my Mom had a couple perms in the 80s and I'd see photos of her like that and all that jazz. I think because of that, even growing up in the 90s, I ended up with at least one if not two perms as a preteen. I guess it wasn't the most awful hairstyle ever, but when I see the photos I just think, why did I want that?)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Who's ready for an Eddy fix? We know you all are. And today the pretty girl has a glamour shot, albeit at an odd angle. Even better, it gives you a glimpse of her adorable snaggletooth.


Eddy and all of us here wish you a happy Friday!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

Today we have the last tip in our litter box series. This tip is to consider using some sort of litter mat or tray, in order to keep your home environment free of as much rogue litter as possible. Litter often comes out of the box when our kitties dig and dig in the litter, or on our kitties' paws when they leave the box. This can ultimately result in litter not only outside of the box, but also throughout the house. To combat this, try placing a litter mat or tray under or outside of the litter box. There are such mats and trays available on the market, which are specifically designed to catch stray pieces of litter so that it can't as easily travel throughout the rest of the house. For a cheaper option, though, you can also use a rug to catch litter, or you can even try something such as a boot tray. Another option is to place the litter box within a larger container, such as a giant storage container or a kiddie pool. This would allow for rogue litter to remain in that outer container, rather than spreading throughout the house.

All of the above being said, litter mats and trays may not always be able to trap every piece of litter. So, to further help keep litter at bay and your house clean, do be sure to sweep up stray litter as often as possible. It's not a bad idea to make a habit of sweeping up rogue litter each time you scoop the box.

There are a number of options for helping keep stray litter from spreading throughout the house. You can buy specifically designed litter mats or trays, you can try a similar makeshift option, and you can of course keep a broom at the ready in the litter area. Of course, do make sure that any mats, trays, or other methods you use do not deter your kitty from using the litter box in the first place.

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Eddy is so adorable.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I think Evan certainly would be famous! I've wondered if gutter guards would be a good investment.

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. I want gutter guards now. I hate that my 72 yr old hubby has to climb on a ladder to clean ours. You should start an account for Evan. I had the same for #4- the awful perm. :) Eddy is a cutie. Nice drawing and great tips too. I have brooms in every area the litter boxes are because they spread a lot. XO

messymimi said...

We had a car break down one week after the warranty expired, so I feel your pain.

Eddy, you are beautiful.