Friday, June 9, 2017

Friday!

Hooray for Friday! We always look forward to Friday's Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, but that was especially the case this week.


I couldn't wait to see what our hosts over at 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader had in store for us for today. They never disappoint.

1. A prop from a TV show or film I would like to have is _________.
2. My oldest friendship is _________.
3. Whenever I _________, I always _________.
4. The best _________ is _________.

These ladies are always clever and creative. I just hope my answers do these fill-ins some semblance of justice.

1. A prop from a TV show or film I would like to have is just about anything from The Big Bang Theory.
(I wouldn't flinch at being called a nerd, or a geek, or anything of the like. I sort of am just that, and I'm totally fine with it. That might be why I love me a good The Big Bang Theory marathon, and I love seeing what all props they have on set. The main characters' apartment is chock-full of goodies, like a The Lord of the Rings inspired cloak, and a sword from Game of Thrones, all sorts of Star Trek and Star Wars doohickeys and doodads, and of course that famous Rubik's cube tissue box holder. Oh, and sort of on that same note, I also love the suit of armor I see in pictures on wonderful host Ellen's blog. That thing makes my day every time I see it.)

2. My oldest friendship is written in blood.
(Blood is thicker than water, right? I had friends in school, sure, some with whom I actually do still stay in contact. But, my closest and oldest friendships are with those with whom I share blood. My parents, my sister, you get the idea.)

3. Whenever I hear sirens, I always say a silent prayer.
(I learned this from my mom, who learned this from her mom, who probably learned it from her mom. We may not always know the reason behind the sirens we hear, but it never hurts to send some good thoughts their way.)

4. The best medicine is laughter.
(We've all heard this one, haven't we? And, well, I guess it seems true enough if you ask me. When I'm feeling down, a good laugh, especially those brought on by watching my mischievous furbabies go about their shenanigans, always lifts my spirits. Sometimes it's all about finding the silver lining in those rain clouds.)


Now, of course, it's time for your weekly Eddy fix. The active girl recently took a momentary break from scaling the walls to gaze out the window. Even better, I obtained photographic evidence.


Eddy says that it looks like her mom missed a spot during Spring cleaning. Just look at that spider web there in the window. Yikes! The poor girl can hardly see past it!


Wishing everybuddy a bright and shiny day!



***
Our Doodle of the Day:


(Thanks for the sentiment, Dr. Seuss!)



***
Our Tip of the Day:
Especially this time of year, don't forget that some spiders could be potentially harmful to your furbabies. Black widows and brown recluse spiders are some of the most dangerous, but bites from certain other spiders could also potentially cause some issues. Some cats and dogs can be allergic to spider bites, for example, causing symptoms such as itching and swelling. In other cases, sometimes the ingestion of a spider can lead to some gastrointestinal discomfort. All this being said, though, also don't forget that chemical pesticides, including those meant to eradicate spiders, can be dangerous to our furbabies. Therefore, try to keep any spider prevention safe and as natural as possible. Even solutions such as keeping off lights by outdoor doorways can help to keep your household spider population at bay. And it of course also helps to simply always do your best to keep your eye on your furbabies. If you see a spider in your house or outside near your furbaby and can't identify it as harmless, for example simply keep your furbaby away from it, to err on the side of caution. If necessary, though, there is more you can do. We previously mentioned repelling mosquitoes with certain scents, and the same can be attempted for spider, such as by using eucalyptus sprigs or even cinnamon dissolved in water and spraying outside. It has even been said that simple salt water sprayed on bushes and such can repel spiders. So fear not, there are ways to fight off those buggers!

12 comments:

pilch92 said...

Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. I love that show too and all the props, my favorite is the shower curtain with the table of elements. I love your answer for #2 , but now I feel guilty, I should have listed my Mom as my oldest friendship. I do the same thing when I hear an ambulance. I also say a quick prayer when I see a hearse, for the family of whoever is in it. I agree with #4 too :)
Great shots of Eddy, not even blurry. Very nice drawing. And excellent tips, I usually leave the spiders alone in the house, but I should move them outside, I never thought of them biting my cats. Have a great weekend!

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

I'm not sure which part of this post in my favorite ... it just kept getting better. I love the Dr. Seuss quote!!! I'm a total nerd and I'm not ashamed either. I agree about laughter. So many people assume that since my blog is funny, that I don't know how to cry. The truth is that my ability to laugh came about as a coping mechanism to manage the pain - actually, it's the only HEALTHY coping mechanism that even takes a bite out of pain. Bear's always kept me laughing too - so I'm grateful he helps me keep perspective :)

Annie Bear said...

Hooray for #4! It's so important and a good thing to remember. Eddy looks lovely when she's still. :)

I have a spider phobia. No joke. That is really good to know about cinnamon!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

guyz....yur momz answerz R grate !!! high paws N 984 oh em ~~~~~ N eddy...yur lookin gorgeouz az all wayz....just due knot watch burd while yur lookin out side...oh kay !! heerz two a round herring kinda week oh end ~~~~~~~~~ ♥♥♥

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Whenever our mom hears sirens, she also always says a silent prayer. She also got that from her mom.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you remind me of a young me sometimes. I also say a prayer when I hear sirens (sign of the cross). I do it when I see a hearse or dead critter, too. It just seems like the right thing to do. Hugs.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Eddy, don't come look at our windows, m'kay? ;) Love your #3...that's so sweet.

Suzanne McClendon said...

Amen to your answer to #3. When we hear those sirens, and we often do here, we know that someone is having a bad day. Prayers are a good thing and they definitely need them then.

Furbabies and froggy babies always offer a good laugh or at least a big smile. They are wonderful. :)

Those are great Eddy pictures.

I am definitely odd, but a long way from #1. haha

Have a blessed weekend!

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

We often say prayers when we hear sirens. We know that it means someone is having a bad day. Back when I was in the rescue squad, we used to blow the siren the whole time. Not so much to get people to let us by as much as to let those who called us know that help was on the way.

The Swiss Cats said...

Great answers, and great quote ! You have a beautiful profile, Eddy ! Purrs

The Island Cats said...

Eddy, you should see our windows. They are a mess!

We enjoyed your fill in responses as always. :)

Kitties Blue said...

What about that time machine from The Big Bang Theory. Our mom almost listed that as the prop she would like. Amy's tiara also is something she'd like. #4 is exactly what our mom feels. She is always looking for the silver lining in everything. The first photo of Eddy is amazing. Her eye looks so cool. Another wonderful quote and drawing! XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy