Friday, June 16, 2017

TGIF!

Though it's a stifling hot one, it's Friday nonetheless! What's even better is the fact that it's time for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, hosted by the wonderful 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader.


As always, our hosts came up with some fantastic fill-ins for us.

1. I challenge everyone to _________ this week.
2. I regret disposing of _________.
3. I have a difficult time admitting _________.
4. If I were given a psychic power, I would like it to be _________.

And, as always, I have no idea if I could ever do them justice.

1. I challenge everyone to smile at a stranger this week.
(You never know when someone could use a smile, if a smile would make their day.)

2. I regret disposing of my Angel Sammy's fur.
(I was only 9 years old when my cat Sammy made his way to the Rainbow Bridge, but I still wish I would have had the foresight to grab some of his fur, maybe a whisker or two. All I had to do was grab a wad of it from his brush, or from his favorite bed, but I never did. I always just threw it away. He was the first of my childhood pets to pass away, quite unexpectedly, and he is the only one from which I have no hair or other such physical piece of remembrance. I have beautiful memories and pictures, of course, but I will always regret that he is the only furbaby of mine from whom I have not even a single strand of fur.)

3. I have a difficult time admitting that I'm not a kid anymore.
(Sometimes adulting is tough, especially when your favorite movies are animated kids' films, and when your favorite snacks are the likes of dry Cheerios eaten out of snack baggies.)

4. If I were given a psychic power, I would like it to be the power of healing.
(When people ask me what kind of special power I would choose if I could have one, this is almost always what I say. I don't want to fly, or to be invisible, or to be able to throw a car down the street with nothing but my supersonic elbow grease. No, I'd rather be able to heal, both humans and furbabies.)


Now we've reached Eddy's share of this Friday post. Last week, Eddy showed you some lovely profile shots of her as she gazed out the window. (Remember how that window was laden with spider webs because of this lazy human's lackadaisical spring cleaning? Yuck!). This week, we have some more shots from that same photo shoot. These, though, are examples of Eddy's defiant side.


"No, Mom, I am not going to say cheese. I don't even like cheese!"


"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I hear you, Mom, I'm just choosing to ignore you."

Who else likes to show some defiance toward the camera?

Happy Friday! And stay cool out there, everybuddy!


***
Our Doodle of the Day:




Our Tip of the Day:
Especially if your cat or small dog is on a weight loss journey, or if the monitoring of their weight is for any reason especially important, consider getting a baby scale or other comparable scale for your home. Though it is better than nothing, it is not always accurate to use the method of weighing yourself, then weighing yourself while holding your furbaby, and then taking the difference. Another option for weigh-ins is to ask your vet if you can bring your kitty or pup in for a quick use of one of their scales, as many veterinary offices are more than willing to allow this. If traveling or vet visits are stressful for your furbaby, though, then do perhaps consider looking into a scale that can be more accurately used for weigh-ins at home.

12 comments:

Marg said...

Hi Eddy, we think you are just busy looking out that window. Must be something interesting out there. All of you have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Window peering is a great way to pass the time Eddy - I do that too - lots to see out there: deer, squirrels, birds, groundhogs, skunk, chipmunks - all manner of critters! My Mom remembered to save some of her Angel Sammy's fur - from his brush....but she never thought about that with any of her other kitties. Healing would be the BEST EVER psychic power - just think of all the good you could do. We absolutely LOVE your drawing of "MOON KITTY".......!!!

Hugs, Teddy (and Mom too)

pilch92 said...

Thank you for these excellent answers. That challenge is going to be a toughie for me, but I am going to attempt to do every challenge that is suggested in the fill-ins. I think it is fine to embrace your inner child forever. You certainly handle your adult responsibilities, you have a home, a job and take great care of your furbabies so might as well have fun too.
I am sorry you don't have your Angel Sammy's fur. It is good that you have photos though and memories. I think that would be the best super power ever.
Even the back of your head is cute Eddy. Adorable drawing too. And as always, great tip. We have a baby scale because there is no way I am getting on a scale with my pet. At the Dr. office, I get on backward and tell them not to tell me. If they ever tell, I will change Doctors. Have a great weekend!

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Hahahaha. Yep. Bear does that to me too sometimes. Don't be too hard on yourself. You were a kid - and no matter how much you loved him - you didn't understand what it meant in your future. None of us can know - especially when we're kids. If it'll help you ... when I was in early elementary school, I drew a card for my favorite aunt's birthday. She started crying when she saw it and pulled me into a long hug. I wanted nothing but to get away. She died suddenly a month later and I truly regret pulling away. We expect ourselves to know the future - but kids just don't think that way. What matters most is the love you showed Sammy when he was alive :)

Three Chatty Cats said...

Nothing wrong with being a kid at heart forever! I hope to always be one. :-) And my cats would agree with Eddy on the camera.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

eddy....ewe just haz knot had de rite KINDA cheeze.....try colby jack ;)

N tell mom her can bee a kid all her life if her wantz; itz what makes ya young ~~~~~~ at heart ♥♥♥..oh...N dry chex iz good two....de corn onez :)

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I'm SO with you on #3!!! As the big 4-0 is just a few months away I'm really having a hard time with it. I still love kid stuff too and just don't feel middle-aged! Nothing wrong with being young at heart, I guess :)

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

The view out the window is usually better than staring at the camera... MOL!

The Island Cats said...

Oh Eddy! We understand about not wanting to look at the flashy box. But not liking cheese?? Really?? ;)

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

I have a difficult time realizing I am not a young person anymore, too. I am usually reminded by my body later. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I love your challenge and can say that I do it every day! My pictures of my furkids are priceless to me. I wish I had some from my childhood, but my mother was not like that. There are a lot of wishful faith healers among us! HUGS!

Suzanne McClendon said...

Pick me! Pick me! I am the defiant one in front of a camera, too. I absolutely do not like to have my picture taken. But, I have relented on occasion just so any potential future grandpeople will know what their Moogie looked like. :) You're a beautiful kitty, Eddy.

I think the gift of healing would be a wonderful gift to have!

Have a blessed day. :)