Thursday, January 14, 2016

A Tree for a Tree

As much as I love Christmas and as much as it saddened me to see it go, I was admittedly a bit relieved when it came time to take down the Christmas tree. As pretty and festive as it was, I was eager to have that floor space back. Most especially, I was eager to evict my kitties' new cat tree from the walkway and move it into the Christmas tree's old residence.

So, the cat tree was relocated by a whole three or four feet, and therefore it was like new all over again. I barely even got it moved before Toby was all eager to try out the "new" tree.
 Once Evan realized what was going on, he was just as excited.
My boy Evan is very happy with this relocation. He loves the proximity of the tree and the couch, and he loves to crawl back and forth between the two. Just look at this happy face:
This tree has four levels, and there are four cats in the house. So, of course, they all want the same snoozie spot, as Toby and Evan are demonstrating here:
Well, boys will be boys.

Have a wonderful Thursday, everybuddy!


***
Here's where I explain a small, tiny change to this blog. Nothing big or drastic, just something a little extra and different.

For the New Year, I wanted to make my blog contain even just a tad bit of helpful or educational material, and I wanted to do so on a consistent schedule. I love making all of the fun posts, such as Caturday Art, Selfie Sunday, and Wordless Wednesday. However, one small New Year's resolution of mine was that I wanted to include some semblance of informative tidbits on here. I mulled over how to do this, and whether or not to dedicate entire posts to this.

What I decided is that I'm going to continue my current style and method of posting, but at the end of each post I'm going to offer a small, short bit of information that will be called "Our Tip of the Day". These will be bits of info that I've learned over the years from my own animals, from my animal sciences college courses, from my couple of years working as a veterinary assistant, or that I've just come across here and there. Of course, many of you are already veteran pet parents and so will probably know a lot or most of these tips. But, for those who may not know some of this information, I thought I'd offer these daily tips.

So, here is the first day of this new practice:

Our Tip of the Day:
In line with their natural, wild instincts, cats love and seek out levels on which to climb and perch, and often the higher the better. This is why you'll see cats out in the wild climb and perch on trees, fences, and buildings. And this is why your indoor kitties end up on surfaces like tall cabinets and refrigerators. And, this is also why cats trees are great, and why kitties love them so much. If you need to save floor space, though, there are also a variety of other options, such as wall-mounted shelving systems specially designed for use by climbing kitties, or those specially designed to be hung from doors. Or, you can use what you already have by making the tops of those aforementioned cabinets and refrigerators cat-friendly.

12 comments:

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

What a purrfect location for that awesome cat tree! Now if your mom could just move the litter box and food and water bowls there, you would never have to leave that purrfect location!

Anonymous said...

Dat's pawsum, and so is da daily tip. Me is queen of da Cat tree here. Me luvs to be at da very top. Mommy sez me euld ealk on da ceilin'' ifin me kuld. MOL Hope everypawdy/kitty has a gweat day.

Luv ya'

Dezi and Lexi

Annie Bear said...

What a nice location for the cat tree. Evan indeed looks very happy. Hopefully, he and Toby will come to a truce on the snoozy spots. :)

I love your Tip of the Day idea! Pierrot loves being on top of the fridge or cabinets, especially when he wants to make a point about his empty food dish. Annie's too short.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Evan looks very pleased with the location of the cat tree. The daily tip is a good idea.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Daily tips are a great idea! Looks like your babies were happy to have their tree back where it belongs :) Mudpie doesn't have a real cat tree but her favorite perch is on top of a bookshelf where she has a great view of her yard!

pilch92 said...

I like your new tip of the day. I am glad Even is still enjoying the tree.

The Island Cats said...

While we love the Christmas tree too, we think that new tree is even better.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We are not surprized that most holiday trees are placed where the cat tree usually sits. Its already space the Beins have surrendered and learned not ta use themselfs... So we were glad ta have our cat trees back where they belong a few days ago.

meowmeowmans said...

We can see that the new spot for the cat tree is spot on! :)

Hooray for your "tip of the day" feature. It's a terrific idea!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

guys.....thanx for de tip oh de day....itz an awesum eye dea....

N we think THIZ tree iz way kewler than de Christmas tree.....sure de Christmas tree iz all spark lee & stuff....but THIZ tree haz SNAX TRAYZ !!!

heerz two a jewel tetra N jawfish kinda week oh end ♥♥♥

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I am so happy you didn't completely change what I love about your blog, and I LOVE the addition of the "Tip of the Day" that is a meowvelous idea!!!! catchatwithcarenandcody

Marty the Manx said...

What a great place for the cat tree! Love that you are adding your tips! It is a perfect way to inform without having to stress over making whole posts over it :)