Friday, January 22, 2016

Not So Tuesday Toesies

On Monday, Evan showed off his favorite snuggle pose. Well, today he's showing of a close-up of his cute, crossed little paws during that snuggle pose:
And of course I couldn't leave out Evan's back feet in this post. These back feet of his may be paralyzed, but toesies are toesies, and I think they're adorable
Happy Friday, everybuddy! We hope all of our furiends and friends on the East Coast are stocked up and getting all safe and sound for the snow storm coming  your way.


***
Our Tip of the Day:
For a nail trimming session with the least amount of wiggles as possible, try doing it when your cat or dog is very relaxed or snoozing. Keep a pair of nail trimmers near one of their sleeping spots. If your cat or dog likes to snooze next to you on the couch while you watch TV, keep nail trimmers there. Of course, don't alarm your cat or dog by suddenly grabbing your sleeping pet's foot and cutting away, but pet them a little first, and then slowly start trimming. If after a few claws your animal starts to squirm, stop. Sometimes you have to break nail trimming up in into a few sessions so that your pet doesn't become stressed. That's fine, because you don't want your pet to start becoming suspicious of your or to start associating nap time with nail trimming. Also, don't forget that after a job well done, a reward of treats is always appreciated by your furbaby!

10 comments:

pilch92 said...

Evan is a cutie. Great tip about treats after nail trimming, I don't know why I never thought of that with mine.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Cutest paws and toesies ever! Mom says she wants to kiss them.

Annie Bear said...

Evan's tosies are adorable, both front and back. I love the curled paw in that top pic!

Good idea on nail trimming. I always try to do it when they're sleeping or very relaxed and usually have to break it up in several sessions.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Those are very cute little toesies, Evan!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Absolutely irresistible!

Anonymous said...

Those are sum pawsum toesies. Weez heard this tip afur, but mommy purrfurs da direct approach. Weez kinda a no fuss no muss furmily. Just get it dun and over wiff and move on. Regardlees of meez purrtests, mommy just lips and hopefully finishes afur me gets to da biteys. MOL Hope you all have a pawsum weekend.

Luv ya'

Dezi and Lexi

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Hi Evan, my friend knitted some extra long woolen socks for my rear feet. So when I'm in my wheelchair, they're nice and warm.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

so precious!! OMG I am not brave enough to trim Cody's nails and he LOVES having his paws rubbed! I am afraid I would hurt him so I let the vet do it. Those paw photos are darling! catchatwithcarenandcody

meowmeowmans said...

Precious toes you've got there, Evan. :)

Moosey was so good about getting his nails trimmed. Zoe's not bad, but we always wait until Gracie's snoozing until we get hers. MOL.

Timmy Tomcat said...

Evans got some really nice toesies! Purrs dear friend
Timmy