Saturday, January 9, 2016

Caturday Art

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers after the passing of my grandfather. I can't describe how grateful I am for the support and compassion this wonderful community has to offer.

I thought about whether or not to go ahead with the Caturday Art post I've had planned since earlier this week. Ultimately, my deliberations led me to the conclusion that I will go ahead and post my Caturday Art as planned. I guess it all really comes down to the fact that everything happens for a reason, and life shall go on.

So, for today's Caturday Art blog hop, hosted by Athena and Marie, I have another drawing from the fun, goofy series I'm creating for the furbabies in my life. So far I've shared my drawing of Rosie as a one-eyed pirate, and my drawing of Astrid as what I call Dogzilla.

Today's piece is for my boy Evan. I'll preface this one by admitting that this may very well be the most unusual and perhaps bizarre piece in this series I'm creating. However, I really felt compelled to create this one for Evan.

Ever since he was a kitten, Evan has had a tendency to pull himself up onto stools and other pieces of furniture and then dangle his paralyzed hind legs out in front of him, with his front legs on either side of him. Somehow, the only picture I have of Evan doing this is a photo of less than ideal quality that I shared on here quite a while back. My goal is to get a newer, better picture of this pose of Evan's. But, in the meantime, perhaps you remember this one?
Well, this pose of Evan's, in line with the fact that one of my favorite movies since childhood is The Little Mermaid, has always put an interesting picture in my head of Evan sitting on a rock like Ariel. Honestly, Evan's even red-headed like the little mermaid we all know so well! Whenever Evan sits like this, I can't help but call him my little "mercat". Which, for what it's worth, is what led me to this piece of art that I am now sharing for today's Caturday Art blog hop:
So, there you have it. That's my boy Evan the Mercat.

Have a blessed Caturday, everybuddy!


***

14 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Evan has such a sweet face. That is a cute artwork, and I can see why you call him your mercat when he sits like that.

Annie Bear said...

That is such an awesome picture of Evan. That definitely brought a smile. I love the idea of him being a mercat. That is an adorable artwork.

I understand about not posting while you're sad and grieving but sometimes I find blogging cheers me up. There's not much I like better than taking pictures of my kitties and sharing a little piece of their lives and then sharing in others. I hope your post today cheered you just a bit like it did me.

Cathy Keisha said...

Your art would make a pawsome coloring page!

Marg said...

That is so great that he sits like that and he looks comfy. And he does look like a mercat. I love the art work.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

My goodness he is so adorable sitting like that!!! Your artwork of Evan is just purr-fect!

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

That's the bestest Mercat we ever saw! The mom loves your artwork! And Evan sure does looks like a Mercat sitting up on hims hind legs. He sure gots lots of talent. Evan could teach kitties without paralyzed legs a thing or two.... Purrz from Joey and Katie the Mom.

meowmeowmans said...

OMC, that's wonderful. Evan surely does look like a very handsome and sweet mercat. :)

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Yeah, life does go on, an its OK ta even do humor after sad events. Sad events look to the past, but humor looks to the present. And thats where we all live...

The Island Cats said...

What an adorable drawing of Evan.

Kitties Blue said...

How special and what a great way to honor your "mercat." As I have no natural talent that would allow me to create any art that isn't computer generated, I appreciate your giving us an original drawing for Caturday Art. Hugs, Janet and XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful artwork and what a special cat :) Pawkisses :) <3

Gattina said...

Some cats are very talented to have the most curious poses ! My cat Arthur is one of them !

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

That is such lovely art!

Sorry to hear about your grandfather.

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

Anonymous said...

Dat's gweat art. We borrowed yous foto and did a little editin' but then we can't find yous email to send to back to you. Ifin yous email us we can send it to ya'. lexi.dezi@yahoo.com

Luv ya'

Dezi and Lexi