Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Lap Time Trickery

Those of you who know my girl Eddy know that she likes to give me a hard time during our photo shoots. She treats sitting still like it's the plague. Most of my pictures of her are blurry, and some are just really really really blurry. I should have named her The Flash.

Every so often, though, I get the upper hand on my kitties. (But let's be honest, this is extremely rare. And when it does happen, it's very short-lived.) Well, anyway, Eddy is a devout lap kitty. What's more, I've learned that during maybe an entire 2% of Eddy's lap time, she actually sits still! So, this weekend I decided to set up a lap trap for Eddy. I used my lap as bait, as you can see here:
And then, with her on my lap, I got a non-blurry photo of Eddy! Here's the evidence:
So what if her ears got cut off? I consider any non-blurry picture of Eddy a win. What's more, I love getting shots of Eddy from her right side. This is because my special girl has a head tilt to the right and right-sided facial nerve paralysis, and I love catching these special traits in photos of her.

Happy Tuesday, everybuddy!



***
Our Tip of the Day:
Today's tip is quick and easy...If your cat blinks slowly at you, it's a sign of contentment and love. In other words, your kitty is kissing you with his or her eyes. So, be sure to blink slowly at your kitty to tell him or her that you love them back!

8 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

I don't ever sit still for pikshurs either - the mom only gets them when i'm sleeping or she just wakes me up. MOL - Sammy

pilch92 said...

That was a good trick and a great photo. I love blinky eyes, my Phoebe i always giving them to us.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

great trickery!!!!!! Yep, I knew the eye blinking. I often will do it slowly back to Cody when he does it, while saying "I...LOVE....YOU!!" catchatwithcarenandcody

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a sweet photo of Eddy.

The Island Cats said...

Eddy, you got tricked! But a nice lap is worth it. :)

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Our kitties are so tricky we need to find creative ways to outsmart them LOL!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Wow, when we get on TBTs lap, we go nappy and still.

meowmeowmans said...

What a sweet picture of Eddy, aka "The Flash!" S glad your lap trap worked out so well. :)