Saturday, January 23, 2016

Caturday Art

Today I wanted to share the next drawing in my goofy art series starring the furbabies in my life. This next piece stars my active girl Eddy. However, for me this was one of those weeks where life just sort of makes plans for you without consulting you first. In other words, the art I wanted to share today didn't get completed.

However, I flipped through some of my slightly older art, and I found one that I don't think I've shared with you before. So, although it's a change of plan, I still have something to share with you for this week's Caturday Art blog hop, hosted by Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty!

This piece was inspired by my boy Evan. I was going to give a brief explanation first, but I think that maybe it explains itself:
I think we all know a kitty or two who rolls up that adorably floofy tummy, and so of course we take the irresistible bait, and then we find out that it was all a trap. My boy Evan is my snuggle buddy of a momma's boy, but he nevertheless has been known to throw out that belly bait, and I always fall for it.

Happy Caturday, everybuddy!

***


***
Our Tip of the Day:
A couple days ago I mentioned giving your cat variety by occasionally relocating their sleeping spots. One commenter further noted offering variety by doing the same thing with their toys - moving toys around throughout the house can give our pets new, fun experiences that keep them occupied. (Thanks for the great suggestion, Marg!) Similarly, you can offer your pets some much needed variety simply by rotating through their toys. In other words, don't put all of your pet's toys out in circulation at one time, but instead always have some held in reserve. Have a secret toy box, and on occasion give them some of the toys hidden in there while also retiring recently used toys to it. Even if an animal has played with a toy before, if it's been hidden away for awhile, it'll be like new! Our pets need variety like this, otherwise they run the risk of becoming bored with their day-to-day life.

15 comments:

Marg said...

It is amazing how well the moving of toys around works. They are just sure it is a new toy.
We love that picture of Evan. Well done. We really like your drawings.
Thanks for shout out to us.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I have a Chaachi-boy orange male that is the Champion of Tummy Traps. He also talks you into falling for the bait then grabs your hands with his paws if you make a motion to leave ... so this was a LOL picture for me and I already love Evan ... he's a boy after my heart and my tummy rubs :)

andrea @ From The Sol

pilch92 said...

Very cute art. I always take the bait too :) I think I will move around some toys today and add a fresh sprinkling of catnip.

Annie Bear said...

MOL! Yes, my kitty, Lucy, threw up the belly bait too with harsh consequences if I dared to touch. This picture of Evan is just so cute. I love his sideways figure and his irresistible belly!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Lovely art! Athena likes her telly rubs, but then she attacks the hand that feeds!

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

I meant belly rubs :)

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You are welcome to pet my tummy. It is not bait, I love tummy rubs. That is a cute picture of Evan.

Kitties Blue said...

Lisbeth is exactly like that. She trows herself at Mom's feet and rolls on her back. Mom always takes the bait to her immediate regret. Your art looks like an appliqué you did on the sewing machine. Mom thinks it is unique and interesting. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

The Swiss Cats said...

Very cool drawing ! Purrs

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

SO cute! You're so talented you should think about selling your artwork!

meowmeowmans said...

Evan, that's a tricky thing you do with your mommy! We've been very lucky ... most of our cats have been a-ok with having their tummies rubbed. Gracie and Zoe actually like it. Moosey did, too. :)

Cathy Keisha said...

TW always rotates my toys. I don’t roll on my tummy but if I did no one would dare pet it.

Dash Kitten Crew said...

Oh that picyure! He is SO tempting - look at me, pet me then MWOEOROROROWWW!!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Oh do WE get variety on sleeping spots! TBT makes sure of it. In fact, we think it is a hobby of his. One week, there are towels on the top of the shoe rack. The next, there is a dresser drawwer open with a towel in it. Then a cat bed moved to a new room. We never know what to expect but we sure do love it!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Cody throws "the belly bait" difference is, he LOVES to have his belly rubbed! catchatwithcarenandcody