Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sunday Selfie Shenanigans

For today's Sunday Selfie blog hop, hosted by the pawesome The Cat on My Head, my furbabies and I had some fun experimenting with various techniques and poses. Of course, plenty of shenanigans ensued.
After plenty of bloopers (which I will share in a future post), lively Astrid finally sat still long enough to snap this perspective shot.
And my photogenic little lady Thimble also gave me another one of her perspective shots.
Evan experimented with some focus techniques, and ended up with this shot of him barely visible over the foot of my bed. I call this his peeping tom pose.
Our housemate Toby wanted to get a shot similar to Evan's, and he decided that atop the kitchen counter would be his photo shoot location. He was so excited that he could hardly sit still, and so this less than focused and far from centered photo was the winning shot.
Eddy couldn't decide what technique or pose to go with, and she also couldn't decide whether or not she wanted to sit still or bounce off the walls. She ended with this shot, which, although blurry, shows off this special girl's winning snaggletoothed smile.
I hope you all had just as much Sunday Selfie shenanigan fun as we did!

***


***
Our Tip of the Day:
Pets come with lots of unconditional love and cuddles. And they also come with lots of fur, including on our furniture and clothes. Fear not the fur, though. To remove fur from your clothing or furniture, you can make use of the adhesive nature of a lint roller or tape. Another option is to use a a rubber glove. With this method, all you need to do is put on a rubber glove and then drag your gloved hand across the fur-covered surface. The static created will help to gather up the hair off of the furniture or clothing and onto the glove instead. So cuddle on, and de-fur later.

20 comments:

The Island Cats said...

Oh we love your selfies. They're very creative. :)

meowmeowmans said...

Those were some fun and fabulous selfie shenanigans, sweet pals! And that rubber glove tip is terrific, too. :)

Have a great day!

pilch92 said...

I like all your selfies, very unique angles.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Happy Sunday Selfie
Annabelle, Boo, Ping, & Mr Jinx

Unknown said...

Hehe! All of these made me smile!

Paws News for Cat Lovers said...

Like your selfies. Happy Sunday

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

All your selfies are lovely! I am enjoying reading your tips too.

The Swiss Cats said...

Lovely selfies ! The "peeping tom" one is our favorite ! Purrs

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

The mom laughed abut Eddy wanting to bounce off the walls! Thanks for sharing all your lovely selfies today. Rubber gloves do work really well fur getting fur off of clothes!

Purrz from the Katie Katz.
btw - Guero am feeling soo much betters - he gotted his easy on today and did a sleepy selfie.

The Daily Pip said...

Oh my gosh, these are all great, but especially that one of Toby!

Never heard about the rubber glove trick. I'll have to give it a try. I tend to go to work covered in fur. LOL.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I love all your selfies taken from different angles!!!

Marty the Manx said...

These are all wonderful! You all did a great job!

sprinkles said...

My boys have decided that they don't particularly care for having their pictures taken lately, so they're usually of them napping these days.

I love your tips.

Annie Bear said...

Astrid and Thimble look serious in their perspective shots. Evan's "peeping Tom" shot is adorable. I love Toby's selfie. It doesn't look out of focus to me. It's always fun to see Eddy and that snaggle-toothed smile. :)

I didn't know about a rubber glove. I will definitely try that!

Kitty Cat Chronicles said...

Wonderful selfies! Love all the different perspectives!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I think the dog photo and the black kitty are my faves. Love the angles! As for the fur, I just walk around full of fur....it enhances my outfits ;)
catchatwithcarenandcody

Unknown said...

I love shots taken at unusual angles like this. It makes the pets look so majestic!

Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie

Cathy Keisha said...

TW has a roller thing that she fills with my fur from the bed and then she empties it out once a month. It’s economical and environmentally friendly.

Dash Kitten Crew said...

Your pictures are fabuloous, and we love now everyone is so different and fun and relaxed and...

Well, Happy Sunday Selfie Day

Anonymous said...

You all have excellent skills to be a Selfie master...we just adore yours, Eddy..it's soooo cute :D Granny doesn't matter about the fur on her clothes. It makes her feel more...cat, than she already thinks she is...MOL :D
Thank you all for your words of comfort. It really means a lot! Pawkisses :) <3