Now, our post's title pretty much lays the plans for what you're about to see. That is, for today's Sunday Selfie blog hop, hosted by our wonderful furiends over at The Cat on My Head, there's first this little cutie:
This, of course, is Thimble. And Thimble wonders if anyone can guess what she's doing in this selfie she snapped? Well, not one for patience, she just wants to tell you. She is hunting a bug! Unfortunately, the little sucker was on the outside of the window. Where's the fun in that? Nowhere, that's Thimble's answer. She says there's nothing like an unattainable critter to drive a little kitty nuts.
That leads us to the other half of our post title, though. You see, speaking of critters, we have these two extra special selfies to share today:
These are some selfies I helped some critters take last weekend, when I went on a lovely nature hike in a forested park not too far from my home. It was a gorgeous day, even if I did nearly get eaten alive by mosquitoes. (It's okay, though. I only got bit roughly 50 times, and that's a good day at the park for me.)
Anyway, I met both that little woolly worm and that buzzer on this pretty little path here:
Can you see why I love going on walks there? But that's beside the point. The little critters I met were nice little additions to the already lovely scenery. I have an especial fondness for woolly worms, so that little guy really made my day. He was very soft and very open to some pettings. That little guy with the stinger, not so much.
So, while cutie Thimble may not have been able to get to the little critter she was hunting in her window selfie, this human mom of hers was able to get to some of her own. And they even let me help them snap some selfies, the good sports they were. (But, sshhh, don't tell Thimble that.)
We want to wish all of our furiends a beautiful Sunday!
Our Tip of the Day:Always keep in mind that, just like us humans, our furbabies can be susceptible to the dangers that certain insects offer. Just as humans can be allergic to the stings of bees, wasps, and other such insects, so can our cats and dogs. For some furbabies, a sting can result in hives, swelling, or even anaphylaxis. If you see or suspect your furbaby might have been stung, most especially if they begin to show signs of a severe reaction, do not hesitate to seek veterinary care. Stings are not the only danger when it comes to insects, though. As I'm sure you all know, there are spiders, for example, with bites that can spark dangerous reactions. Even fire ant bites can be very dangerous in large quantities. And did you know that even fireflies can be dangerous, such as if your furbaby consumes the chemicals that result in their glowing nature? So, please always be cognizant of what critters your furbaby is hanging out with!