Wednesday, September 28, 2016

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday: Window Watcher

Despite posting a more varied selection of shots of pup Astrid lately, that doesn't mean she's given up her favorite pose of all. Remember the pouty window puppy?


Sometimes, there are even fun things to watch while pouting out the window. Like this:


Mmmm. Who needs nuts when you have a perfectly good mushroom to chow down on?



***
Our Tip of the Day:
Autumn and Spring are two mushroom-heavy seasons. That being said, please keep in mind that some mushrooms are dangerous for our furbabies to consume. The truth is that only a small portion of mushrooms are toxic to cats and dogs, but that small percentage of toxic mushrooms can have life-threatening consequences if ingested. What's more, it's often difficult to distinguish between the dangerous mushrooms and the harmless ones. So, if possible, simply avoid locations with a high population of mushrooms. If you do find yourself in a mushroom-heavy area, though, please closely monitor your furbaby. Since it is so difficult to distinguish between types of mushroom, it is likely best to simply keep your pup or kitty from consuming any.

12 comments:

Marg said...

Oh Astrid, that must be great fun watching that squirrel.He is enjoying that mushroom. You all have a great day.

The Island Cats said...

Just look at that squirrel making a pig of himself!

Hannah and Lucy said...

Wow the squirrel is enjoying his dinner!

pilch92 said...

Astrid is so calm, my niece's Jack Russell goes crazy all day long barking at squirrels. I had no idea they would eat mushrooms. Excellent tip. I assume all are dangerous unless they are bought at the store.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Both photos are absolutely darling. Yep, I knew about mushrooms, I never let Dakota eat any of them DakotasDen

Colehaus Cats said...

Sweet pouty puppy face. Thanks for sharing your tip on mushrooms! We tend to get a lot around here in the late fall months.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

OMC I love squirrels! What an amazing picture you got of that little cutie pie too!

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Marley, and Laz) said...

We were staring outside today, but because it was raining and we couldnt go out.

Cathy Keisha said...

Wild mushrooms are mostly toxic to humans unless you're into hallucinogens. I have a question. Why do most dogs have "birthmarks" on their cheeks?

meowmeowmans said...

Astrid, we love that pouty puppy pose. And what a cute squirrel you're watching. Great photos, Mom! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this! Great photos! And, I love your header, too. Hugs.

The Swiss Cats said...

That cute squirrel is enjoying his mushroom ! What a sweet face, Astrid ! Purrs