Thursday, December 29, 2016

Gobbles and Gold Rings

After two days of reviews, Thimble wanted her post today to be festive and fun. So, she decided to give a demonstration of what kinds of Christmas gifts she and the other family furbabies received from Santa himself this year.


A certain human went turkey crazy when the CatLadyBox online shop had a turkey toy sale on none other than Turkey Day itself. I promptly bought one for each of the kitties in the family. As fun as they look, though, none of those turkeys was the first victim gift doled out this Christmas.


Although I thought I had discreetly snuck away to snap some shots of the goodies before they were scattered all over the house, I was wrong. Thimble strutted right on in, fully aware of what her mommy was up to.


These blurry photos are evidence that you simply can't hide a nip nanner from a raging nip fiend Thimble.


Do you want to know something? The kitties in this house had never enjoyed a nip nanner before this Christmas. I know, I know, what is wrong with this human of theirs?!? To be honest, though, my angel Rosie had a nip nanner, and I did not have the heart to pass hers on to these furbabies, but instead stashed it away in her special box that sits on a shelf in my room. But, neither did I have the heart to bring another nip nanner into the house. I changed that this Christmas, though. I figured Rosie would have wanted her rookie successors to enjoy a nip nanner like she once did (after all, 'tis the season, even if Rosie did loathe Thimble and pretty much every other kitty on this planet).

Want to know something else? It's a tradition in my family, for both the humans and the furbabies, to open some gifts on Christmas Eve night and the rest on Christmas morning. I took the above photos early on Christmas Eve, but I didn't have the heart to make Thimble wait until that night to keep her newfound paraphernalia joy. So, the nip nanner was a bit of an early gift. The rest of the toys were gifted that night and on Christmas morning.

Continuing on with the festivities, Thimble was happy to star in today's drawing for the Fifth Day of Christmas. So far we've found ourselves with one partridge in a pear tree, two turtle doves, three French hens, and four calling birds, and now we've reached those five gold rings (or five gold lug nuts, by the looks of the drawing below). Always the helper elf, Thimble was happy to lend a hand paw with this one.


A very merry Fifth Day of Christmas to all of our furiends!



***
Our Tip of the Day:
There are times when I realize that my posts and pictures have some supreme examples of what not to do in order to ensure your furbaby's safety. This is one of those times. Today's tip is to always be aware and cautious of the locations in which you play with your cat or dog. To prevent potential falls and injuries, never place toys or initiate play on top of tables, counters, stairs, or balconies. Also always be sure that the area near the front door is not considered a place of fun and games, especially if your furbaby is a door bolter. And, especially in the case of furbabies not accustomed to swimming, never play near a bathtub full of water, or any bodies of water. Of course fire is always another hazard, so do not initiate play near lit candles, fireplaces, or campfires or bonfires. And, if playing with your furbaby outside, be careful of open fences or other escape routes, and of course streets and the cars traveling them. Although you should indeed enjoy playtime with your furbaby, don't forget to always be aware of your surroundings before starting any games.

15 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We have 3 nip nanners here, although Max is not a nip head. We can not get him interested in it at all, no matter the form. I think we need to try silvervine again!

Lone Star Cats said...

Dat nip nanner looks pawsome!

The Island Cats said...

What fun presents! That nip nanner was a huge hit. We love ours...we've been through several of them over the years.

Marg said...

Well I just had to come here. You posts always make me smile. That is one good drawing of you Thimble and the five gold rings. We love those nip nanners too but the Mom needs to get us some of them. Thanks for all the good wishes for our Mom.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

those turkeys are adorable! I totally missed that CatLady Box was selling them..

pilch92 said...

Those turkeys are so cute, such a great gift idea. I had no idea CatLadyBox sold stuff separately like that. I am glad you let your kitties have a nip nana, I understand why you waited though and didn't want to give them Rosie's. Very cute drawing too :) And another excellent tip.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

thimble...yur drawing iz awesum....we thinked they bee donutz !!!! N joy all yur new toyz....we noe everee one will ~ ☺☺☺♥♥♥

Hairballsandhissyfits.com said...

Wonderful drawing of Thimble! Glad to see the nip was a success!

Kitties Blue said...

Mom says your lug nut comment was too funny. She saw donuts when she first looked at the drawing! MOL! Of course, no one, not even Thimble would throw donuts on the floor. Are we right! That was a bonanza of toys! XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Those are all great presents! Your drawing is wonderful too! We must admit that we love our catnip fruit (bananas, apples, lemons)!

Annie Bear said...

Look at all those turkeys! I do remember that sale and now wish I would have taken advantage. I secretly wonder if the nip nanner is a bigger hit however. What a great Christmas haul!

Well, they could be lug nuts but they could also be cheerios. :) Either way, the picture is beyond darling.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Looks like you had a pawsome Christmas! Those nip nanners seem to be a hit with everykitty, and I love your pile of turkeys MOL!

The Florida Furkids said...

Those turkeys are adorable. We're sorry Mom missed out. We love our nip Nanners!!!

The Florida Furkids

Sweet Purrfections said...

Nip nanners are amazing!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Those turkeys are so cute! I love my nippy nanner and my mum marinates it for me every couple of weeks.