Sunday, May 7, 2017

A Selfie from the Bridge

Today marks 2 years since my Angel Rosie gained her wings. I miss her every single day, and I talk to her every single day, and she will never be forgotten.

Rosie certainly will not be forgotten, because she left me with a bottomless reservoir of fond memories. That's why today, in honor or my Rosie, I do not want to go through the day with a heavy heart. Yes, 2 years ago today was the worst day of my life thus far. But, the 21 years before that, the 21 years with which I shared my life with Rosie, were some of the best days of my life. And so, to honor my Rosie, those are the days that I am remembering today.

In fact, it's none other than my Angel Rosie starring in our selfie for the Sunday Selfies blog hop, hosted by our good furiends over at The Cat on My Head.

 
Now, back in the day, there were no selfie sticks, or all that great of cameras. So poor Rosie could only snap whatever selfies the human assistants could manage. This is one of them.


Can you tell what you're looking at there? That's Rosie being pushed in a play stroller, by me. Yep, I used to push Rosie around in a stroller. She had the patience and tolerance of a saint, let me tell you. For those who don't know or don't remember, Rosie was with me from the time I was 4 until I was 26. The brave girl put with me for that long, bless her heart.


Thank you, my Angel Rosie. Thank you for the memories. I will treasure them always and forever, and because of them, you will always be with me. Until we meet again.




***
Our Tip of the Day:
Today's tip is simple. Never forget the good times. Your angels certainly wouldn't want you to.

19 comments:

Little Miss Titch said...

She looks adorable,xx Speedy

Annie Bear said...

This is a special and lovely tribute to your sweet Rosie. I really love the way you remembered her this day. It is so sweet. What a special lady she was. I'm somewhat amazed that it's been two years. I remember your posts about her and how your love for her was conveyed in each one. I truly hope you don't have a heavy heart today but I know how hard it is. Remembering all the wonderful times you had with her is a great choice. Hugs to you.

Peaches and Paprika said...

O she is so beautiful. We must have joined in right after her departure and so sorry we did not get to know our fellow beautiful calico! She is truly a treasure and you must have had a wonderful time with her. Always in our hearts!!

The Island Cats said...

What great memories of Rosie. We send you lots of purrs today as you remember your special girl.

Marg said...

Oh Angel Rosie, we are so glad that you brought your Mom such good times What fun to ride around in a stroller. You sure were such a pretty kitty. You all have a great day.

pilch92 said...

I love these photos, Angel Rosie was a Saint indeed to let you push her in the stroller. You were very blessed to have her so long and I am sure she is with you in spirit now. I love the drawing too, very pretty. XO

meowmeowmans said...

That is so sweet! What a wonderful way to remember Angel Rosie on this important day. We love that these special and heartwarming memories keep Rosie in your heart until that special day the two of you are reunited again.

The Swiss Cats said...

Sweet memories of your Angel Rosie. Purrs

ZOOLATRY said...

Hi you beautiful angel ... forever loved!

Paws News for Cat Lovers said...

Angel Rosie, you make one beautiful angel. You'll be forever in our hearts.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Love your "Today's Tip" and love those photos! catchatwithcarenandcody

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

What a beautiful lady was Rosie! Beautiful both inside and out. And your post is a lovely way to remember her for SHE WILL ALWAYS be there, in your heart. PURRS.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

What beautiful memories...childhood friends are never forgotten. She certainly was a beauty. Truffles got to the Bridge two months later (7/7) so I hope they found each other.

Unknown said...

Oh, Rosie. She looks like a wonderful sweetie. And how proud she would be that you continue to honor her in your heart. Hugs to you on this sad anniversary, my friend.

Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

In the end, the joy of the time together is worth the sadness of parting... TBT

M Dawson said...

What a wonderful celebration of Rosie. What a sweetheart she was!

Mss her? I bet the heck you do!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

What a beauty!

This is such a lovely tribute.

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

Cathy Keisha said...

HAH! TW used to do stuff like that with Angel Faith.

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

What a sweetie❤ We're sure she is still with you. Soft Pawkisses to comfort you❤❤❤