Monday, May 15, 2017

Mancat Monday Mayhem

Thimble got to take charge of her very own post last week. Actually, she got to do that twice. That's why I, Evan, demanded to take the wheel on this Mancat Monday post. So, here I am!

I figured I'd use this post to show you something.


See me looking out the window there? That's me taking in the sights of our back yard.


There is a nice and cozy couch for me to lounge on while I look out the back window. But, as many of our furiends already know, I much prefer looking out the front door. Right now, though, the view from the front door isn't all that great.

In fact, I had that mom of mine snap a shot of our front door view right now. Want to see it?


See? It's mayhem out there. Mayhem! They dug up our road. They even took away our driveway! And let me tell you, they weren't quiet about it. They didn't even try to hide their driveway thievery. They just waltzed right in on those crazy big thingamajigs you see there, and gutted everything. Rude, if you ask me. My mom says those ginormous, loud machines are wearing name tags that indicate they are one with cats like me. I'm not buying it.

Anyway, luckily, my mom says they should be done making a mess this week. That means my good ol' view out the front door will be back!

I hope all of our furiends are getting lots of great views out of their windows these days! Happy Mancat Monday!

Love,
Evan

 
***
Our Doodle of the Day:
 

P.S. Apparently the mom here has decided that she wants to doodle some healthy food art. For the record, I don't like bananas. So I told her she better make that obvious in her weird doodle.



***
Our Tip of the Day:
If you are informed of construction or other similar work being done near your home, always be sure to take into account how this might affect your furbaby. For example, prepare to take measures to keep down the noise from any machinery, even as simply as by closing windows and curtains to drown out sounds and sights, and even playing music to mask the noise. If necessary, also make sure that you have a safe means of taking your furbaby in and out of the house. For example, if your pup needs to go outside to relieve his or herself, try to minimize stress by using a route in and out of the house that is the farthest away from the construction as possible. If relevant or possible, also consider scheduling events such as vet visits around the construction, so as to minimize your furbaby's exposure to it. Also take into consideration any outdoor kitties or pups in your care, and try to do your best to ensure their safety during construction or other neighborhood work. Of course, also ensure that your indoor furbabies are not able to escape outside. Some furbabies might dart out the door in panic if frightened by the sights or sounds outside, so you might consider blocking access to doors, or providing safe areas of the house where your furbabies can stay during this time.

8 comments:

Mariodacat said...

Gasp~ That is a mess and noisy. We really feel for you - that is not a nice way to spend a day, especially now that the weather is turning warmer.

Marg said...

Wow, that isn't a very good view out the window. Hope that road gets fixed really soon. Guess the Mom is stuck at home. You look happy looking out that window Evan. You all have a wonderful day.

The Island Cats said...

Evan, we hate it when the noisy worker guys come and mess everything up. At least they provide you with some entertainment.

pilch92 said...

That is an awful view Evan, but I like the view of your tail :) Why did they take your driveway too? I like the doodle of you with a banana, my KaChoo loved bananas. Great tip too, most cats don't like all that noise.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....be jezuz...hows yur mom spozed ta get two de stor for CAT FOOD.....and noe nannerz !!!!! ☺☺♥♥♥ we woodna trust that cat either; we bet itz a fake eye dea ~~ ☺☺♥♥

The Swiss Cats said...

What a mess ! We hope the noisy workers don't stay for too long. Purrs

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

How dare they disturb your peace like that??? We've had our road dug up too...not fun. If I were you Evan I'd forsake the front door and watch the sights from the couch...that looks super warm and cozy!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

oh my!! thank COD they have you to snoopervise! catchatwithcarenandcody