Saturday, May 20, 2017

Caturday at the Cottage

All of my furbabies wanted to be included in our doodle for today's Caturday Art blog hop, hosted by the one and only Athena.


My furbabies didn't care what I doodled, just as long as they all had a role in it. Sometimes I find the options so endless and overwhelming, though, that a blank piece of paper stares me in the face for days on end. I found myself in just that sort of predicament this time around, until I finally told myself to stop stalling and just go with the flow. Well, I happened to tell myself that while watching Anne with an E, the new reboot of my childhood favorite Anne of Green Gables. With that playing on the TV, mixed with my fondness for all things quaint and Victorian, this emerged:


Welcome to our cottage! We hope your visit is a cozy one!

Happy Caturday!


***
Our Tip of the Day:
If your dog or even your kitty gets out of the house and is nearby yet won’t come to you, you might try the trick of falling to the ground to give the impression that you are injured. You can try just lying there, as that might be enough to get your worried or protective furbaby to come over to you. If that’s not enough, though, you can try adding whimpers and cries, as many furbabies will respond to their human’s pain, even if fake, by coming to their aid. Of course there are also options such as using treats to entice a loose furbaby, or even their favorite toy. If your pup or kitty has a certain word or command that they always respond to, even if that word is "treat", try that as well. Though easier said than done, in the case that your furbaby gets loose, it is very important to not panic. Not only could your panic be relayed to your furbaby, but it is also crucial that you remain calm so as to assess the situation and try your best to determine the best course of action to return your loose furbaby home.

14 comments:

Marg said...

What a cute cottage. And a great drawing too. You all have a great Saturday.

pilch92 said...

I love your drawing, I think cottages are the best. We used to have a blue roof too :) When we got a new roof and siding in 2010 we switched to a tan roof with blue siding and tan scalloped shingles at the top ( to look Victorian). Great tips, I never thought of acting injured, although I don't know if my cats would care. I keep seeing posts on Facebook about putting the litter box outside because a cat can smell it for a mile if they are lost.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

that is darling!

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

Glad finally some real cute artwork came out of your paws...eh...fingers😹That's a lovely painting. I don't know if I fall for the injury thing, at least not if it's not real😉Pawkisses for a Happy Caturday😘❤😻

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

Glad finally some real cute artwork came out of your paws...eh...fingers😹That's a lovely painting. I don't know if I fall for the injury thing, at least not if it's not real😉Pawkisses for a Happy Caturday😘❤😻

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

We's love to live in a cottage like that!

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

The Swiss Cats said...

What a cute cottage ! Purrs

Anonymous said...

Dat's really cute. Big hugs

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

Johnny said...

That picture is sooo cute !! i absolutely love it!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Oh, I love it!!! I'm all about quaint and Victorian too. And I adore Anne With An E! We get Canadian TV here in Vermont and the entire series was shown there so I had the chance to watch it before hitting Netflix. I hope it gets a season 2.

meowmeowmans said...

What a lovely cottage! :)

That laying on the ground thing always does seem to get out cats checking to make sure we're okay.

Peaches and Paprika said...

That is so sweet and we love the sideways-kitty-doorway positions! Never an un-creative moment here!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

How very cute, Mommy is thinking of watching Anne with an E. Yep once when Fenris got out and wouldn't come to Mommy she tripped chasing him and took a bad fall. Fen ran right over to help her get up.

So now we think sometimes she falls on purpose to get Mr Hard Head's attention. Us cats aren't so EASY.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Caturday is the best