Friday, May 5, 2017

Festive Friday

Welcome to Friday, everybuddy! We are happy to start the day off with the fun and fantastic Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, hosted by the wonderful 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader.


We always enjoy the fill-ins our hosts' brilliant minds think up for us. This week's are no different.

1. _________ landline.
2. My most treasured piece of jewelry is _________.
3. This year, I have learned _________.
4. I would like to _________ before this year is over.

And here is what I managed to come up with:

1. I don't have a landline.
(When I moved into my new house a couple years ago, I didn't even consider going through the hassle of setting up a landline. I just rely on my cell phone, which I may or may not sometimes forget to charge. My parents still have their landline, though, and I still know the number by heart.)

2. My most treasured piece of jewelry is a simple cross necklace.
(My parents gave me a simple yet lovely silver cross on a chain for my 14th birthday. That year, my birthday fell just before a week-long trip my 8th grade class was taking halfway across the country, which would be the farthest and the longest I had ever been away from home. I was excited to go, but also nervous. Just before the trip, I had my birthday cross blessed by the monsignor at my church, and then I wore it the entire time I was on the trip. It was such a comfort to me while I was away from home. It survived me wearing it every single day for a decade. But then I brought home pup Astrid, who promptly – yet of course accidentally, I'm sure – yanked it right off of my neck. I still have the necklace, but I'm too afraid to wear it these days. It now sits atop my dresser in my bedroom, safely out of the reach of rogue furbabies.)

3. This year, I have learned that patience truly is a virtue.
(I always try to pick some words of wisdom to focus on each year. This just so happens to be one of the proverbial attitudes I am trying to pay heed to this year, and it sure is teaching me some lessons. Patience can be tough sometimes, but I hope I'm at least a tad bit more virtuous by the end of the year.)

4. I would like to make a dent in my bucket list before this year is over.
(Meaning, I'd like to accomplish even just one or two of my major goals. One of these goals that tops my list is to write and perhaps even illustrate a story or a book. This is something I'd love to do even just for fun, but if possible I'd also love to do something like this with the aim of benefiting shelter and rescue animals. I think I've mentioned here before that this has always been a dream of mine, and now my fingers have really been itching to write and illustrate these days.)


Now, for your Eddy fix today, she wanted me to show you what a poor job I truly did while helping her with her selfies for her birthday this past Sunday. We posted a couple of the better selfies we managed, but there were some not so great ones, too.


See what a terrible job this momma of Eddy's did? Seriously, where did her nose go? And why is it so bright and blinding?

And then there's the fact that, even though always active Eddy managed to actually sit still for this photo shoot, this mom of hers could still scarcely manage a focused shot of her.


Eddy was trying to show off those lovely eyes of hers, yet even with her miraculously posing like a statue, I still couldn't manage a non-blurry shot of those pretty peepers. Shame on me!


Happy Friday! And, of course, happy Cinco de Mayo to all!





***
Our Tip of the Day:
Just as with human children, don't forget to take into consideration your furbabies, and any furbabies you know you'll be around, when selecting things such as your attire and accessories. If you have or will be around a rowdy pup, for example, consider forgoing items such as dangling jewelry or your nicest pair of slacks, as the pup could become caught in or break a necklace or bracelet, or dishevel or damage your clothes in excitement. The same could be said for young kittens, who might consider batting at any loose pieces of your wardrobe, such as earrings or necklaces, or who might climb your pant legs. This is all not only for the sake of your clothes and accessories, but also for the safety of both yourself and the furbabies. Dress for the occasion, as they say!

13 comments:

Suzanne McClendon said...

Eddy, you have such pretty eyes. :)

Best wishes to you with your writing and illustrating dream. That would be wonderful!

I'm trying to be a more patient person, too, and calmer. But one thing I learned a long time ago is to never, ever, under any circumstances, pray for patience. You will get it alright; you'll get it through the fire.

I think your answer to #2 is very sweet. I'm sorry that Astrid yanked it off of you. I can understand you being afraid to wear it.

I still remember one of our old landline phone numbers from back in South Carolina. The only thing is, I can't remember if it was from my childhood or one of mine and David's phone numbers. It was 226-0794. :)

Have a blessed weekend!

Cathy Kennedy said...

LOL, love Eddy's selfie! At least she's not doing something embarrassing like have her paw up her nose or somethin'. Patience is a virtue we all can stand to learn more of. I always thought I was impatient and worried how I would handle children. I won't lie, I had my moments but over all I learned I was more patient than I first thought. God prepared my heart better than I imagined possible. I remember DH's parents' phone number by heart which shouldn't come as any real surprise but I remember my BF's parents' phone number which they still have. We had two previous landline numbers, one I recall and the other I don't. The one I do remember we had for 20+ years before changing it to an unlisted number. Do you remember being able to have your home number unlisted? Good fill-in responses. Have a great weekend!

~Curious as a Cathy
Friday Sillies, FF fun, & More

Marg said...

Good to see you Eddy and your eyes are looking mighty good. The fill-ins are great. I wish I didn't have a land line. You all have a great day.

pilch92 said...

I love your fill-in answers. Thank you for your weekly participation, you have helped make this first year of fill-ins a success. Sorry Astrid pulled your cross necklace off, at least you were home and able to rescue it. I would definitely purchase a book you wrote and illustrated and I know many who would so get to work. I think you are already virtuous, especially for someone your age.
Cute photo of Eddy , such pretty eyes and whiskers. And that is a great tip.Have a nice weekend!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

eddy...ya still look gorgeouz noe matter and we think most shirley yur mom shuld writez N illustratez a book.....we wood buy it even if we due knot noe how ta reed; we did best at LUNCH BRAKE in skewl; ☺☺ but we wood loves the drawingz ~~~~ happee week oh end two everee one ~ ♥♥

messymimi said...

Your cat is beautiful, even in the not-so-perfect pictures. Very good fill-in answers, especially about the patience!

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

We think Eddy's purr-fect! Happy belated Birthday, Sweetness! I have a cross necklace that I got from my Grandmother for my Confirmation (13?). For YEARS, I wore it daily ... until an incident where I "lost" the cross while out of town. I was a wreck and beside myself ... until I took off my bra later that evening to discover it was in my cleavage. I haven't worn it since - except on really special occasions. I understand. And with kids (I was visiting my 1 year old nephew) and cats who can't resist shiny things ... I probably made the right decision.

The Island Cats said...

We love Eddy's photos...even the "bad" ones are good. :) Happy Cinco de Meow!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Darling Eddy! Love your answers too...and you should *totally* write & illustrate a book! With your artistic talents you would do amazing!

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

One of the great things is that Amazon makes publishing your own book free, easy, and painless. Maybe check them out. You can do print on demand and ebooks there.

Peaches and Paprika said...

Hi Eddy, neat selfie and sorry we missed you yesterday. We just live for yer human's cute graphics and the sweet sombrero pic was thoroughly savored!

The Swiss Cats said...

Eddy, you have such gorgeous eyes ! Happy Cinco de Mayo ! Purrs

Anonymous said...

I miss my gold cross. I wore it 24/7. It broke a while back, and I have not yet replaced it. I plan to. I know how special those little things are. Good answers. Hugs.