Thursday, May 11, 2017

Thimble Thursday

Guess what? It's me Thimble again! Look at me take charge of the blog 2 days in a row.

Oh, first, thank you all for the birthday wishes and for coming to my birthday bash yesterday! I hope you all had a blast. I know I did!

Now, today is none other than Thimble Thursday. You know what that means. Thimble pictures!


What the heck? That's not me!


Hmmm. It sure is shiny, though. And what a purrfect little thing to bat at. I sure do love slapping things around, after all.


So guess what? Though of course I didn't let that mom of mine catch it on camera, this here real Thimble slapped that there fake thimble all over the house! My momma had to go searching for it. She finally found where I had slapped it beneath the couch.

Well, I guess I'll let that count as this edition of Thimble Thursday. Would it be called Double Thimble Thursday, though? Or Thimble and Thimble Thursday? Twin Thimble Thursday? Hmmm. Well, no matter what it's called, at least I got to slap something around.

Happy Thursday to all of our furiends!

Oh, and of course I'm entering this into pawesome Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!


I am so thankful for fun things that I get to bat at and slap all around the house. And I'm thankful for my momma and her opposable thumbs, and my fursibs and all of my family, and of course all of you!


***
Our Doodle of the Day:




***
Our Tip of the Day:
Here's a repeat and logical tip that I'm sure all of you already know. Never leave small, potentially dangerous items lying around or unattended. Many kitties love to bat at and steal small items, and even if they don't chew on or eat them, other furbabies in a multipet household might. Ingestion of small items, such as paperclips, tie wraps, coins, lids, pens and pencils, and even those thimbles, could lead to choking hazards as well as intestinal obstruction or perforation. In that same line of thought, try not to turn potentially dangerous items into toys. It might be cute to watch your kitty bat a paperclip around, but if you were to lose track of it and your kitty or another furbaby in the house were to swallow it, there is always the chance that injury or some sort of damage could result. Always encourage your furbabies to play with their own, pet-friendly toys rather than non-toy objects they might stumble upon. After all, what do we always say? Better safe than sorry!

9 comments:

Marg said...

Thimble, that little thimble does look like a great toy to bat around. The drawing is just the best. Too cute. You all have a wonderful day.

The Island Cats said...

We much rather see the real Thimble than that little thing called a thimble. Glad you had a great birthday!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Dang, a pretty Thimble with her thimble! Happy belated Birthday from all of us sweet one! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

pilch92 said...

You are too cute Thimble with your thimble :) I love the drawing too. And hat is an excellent tip, as always.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

thimble; ewe haza tongue twister ther all most...N yur momz doodle iz total lee kewl loo :) ♥♥ waves two all anda happee day az well

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Thimble Squared Thursday! That does look like a fun toy. I wonder if Mommy has one of these hanging around here... --Mudpie

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

You were very cute with the thimble. Mommy used to have one, she even used to use it many moons ago.

Three Chatty Cats said...

Pawsies and a thimble. What could make for a cuter photo?

Unknown said...

I wonder what Fergus would do with a thimble.... He seems to like squishy toys he can pick up and cart around. But he's surprised me with his toy choices before. It could happen again!

Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie