Friday, January 19, 2018

Fill-Ins and Photo Fails

Happy Friday, friends! As many of you probably already know, we will now, just as always, start with the fun and fantastic Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, hosted by Ellen of 15andmeowing and Annie of McGuffy's Reader.


Here are the clever fill-ins our hosts crafted up for us this week:

1. I have never been able to _________.
2. I wish I could still _________.
3. _________ is my ideal winter night.
4. _________ and _________.

And, here's how I fared:

1. I have never been able to keep a plant alive.
(I love the concept of gardening and having pretty flowers. But, in reality, I have no skill with those sorts of endeavors. My dad has a green thumb and has all sorts of plants that thrive. Sadly, the apple fell miles away from that tree. I don't often have plants under my care, for good reason, but those that I've had have all perished. My grandma gave me what I was told was a relatively self-sufficient succulent for my birthday a couple years ago. Despite my best intentions, it was dead within a month.)

2. I wish I could still do gymnastics.
(I took gymnastics for a while as a kid, and I really enjoyed it. I learned how to do flips and cartwheels and the like. I can't even remember why I stopped practicing gymnastics, but I did, and now I often wish that I kept up with it even just as a fun extracurricular. I personally would never want to do something such as gymnastics as a competitive sport, but I do wish I could still do some tumbling without worrying that I'd break my back.)

3. Snuggling up with my furbabies for an evening in is my ideal winter night.
(I love to relax on the couch or in bed on cold nights, reading a good book, working on my computer, or watching Netflix, all while cuddling some furry cuties. In fact, as I type this, I'm snuggled up on the couch, with my laptop and an orange mancat cuddled up next to me.)

4. Live and learn.
(Life is a pretty good teacher.)


As with every Friday, we now have some Eddy for you! Let's preface these photos by reminding you all that Eddy is something along the lines of allergic to the camera. Taking a photo of her is a challenge at which I often fail. These photos are proof of that.


Eddy was snoozing away on a pillow. She looked so cute and I asked her to please stay put for a picture. So, naturally, she started to get up.


Not quite the kind of silhouette shot I usually aim for, but that's all right. Thanks, Eddy. Better luck next time, please?

A very happy Friday to all of you!



***
Our Random Doodle of the Day:




***
Our Tip of the Day:
Ready for an incredibly random tip today? If you're ever in a pinch, you can use a shower cap as a water bowl for you furbaby. This might come in handy if you are traveling and need to grab something quick and easy to store. Of course, you have to ensure that there are no holes in the cap. But, if you can't find a bowl and simply need something out of which to give your kitty or pup some water, you can try to improvise with something such as a shower cap. Other improvisations when a bowl is not available include using a lid or even your cupped hands. Then again, to prevent the need to use such makeshift bowls, you could always keep a spare bowl in your car, in your purse, or anywhere else one might be needed.

10 comments:

pilch92 said...

Great fill-in answers. No need to tell people you lack a green thumb-just say you have no plants for the safety of the kitties :) I think it is great you took gymnastics and were able to do so much. You should see if they have any adult classes, that would be fun. I know they have trapeze classes for adults, I bet that would be fun.Eddy is adorable. I love the drawing, cats are the best antidepressant. That is a great tip too. Have a nice weekend!

Sandee said...

Aw on Eddy. I linked this post to Feline Friday.

I loved gymnastics when I was a kid too. Being limber is an awesome thing.

Have a purrfect day and weekend. ♥

Eastside Cats said...

What a doodle! Love it! For kittie who don't like the camera, I use a toy to jiggle overhead, while I snap photos with one hand (not easy!) The Hubby has gotten into the game, by standing behind me and doing something (I don't wanna know what!) to get the kitty to look my way. I take hundreds of photos, but only and handful are any good.

Marg said...

Oh Eddy, we think you are too cute. Lots of us don't like the pictures either. We do like the doodle. Also great answers to the fill-ins. You all have a great day and a better week end.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Your comment on gymnastics is interesting. I took gymnastics when I was around 3 or 4. I was already the tallest and most developed kid - and it didn't make the whole thing easy - I think they put me ahead to an age group more appropriate to my size - and the moves scared me (we were learning how to jump between uneven bars and I was terrified that I'd miss - I wanted to be sure I'd hit it every time ... thus a crying tantrum and the end of my gymnastics career). Snuggling up with our kitties is the best night ever all the time!!!

Kathe W. said...

Eddy is so cute

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Oh, I have such a black thumb! I once bought a chocolate mint plant on Mother's Day that was dead by Father's Day! LOL

Anonymous said...

I would say that any plant residing in my house has to thrive on neglect. I actually have a weekly timer on my phone to remember to water them, and every now and then I remember a little fertilizer. A few are doing pretty good, including the Christmas cactuses, but my furkids are prone to plant destruction and many kinds are poisonous to them, so I don't have very many.

I was never athletically or gymnastically inclined, but I so admire people who could do all those fancy moves so effortlessly!

With five furkids in the house it is a rare time that I sit down and soon don't have a cat or two curled up on my lap or next to me, often all of them are within arm's reach! It is a very loved feeling too, isn't it?

Live and learn is a great answer to this fill-in, the best one I've read today! Yes, I am almost sixty four now and it's taken me all of those years to get life kinda/sorta figured out to where it works for me. :-)

Josie Two Shoes ~ Friendly Fill-ins

Kitties Blue said...

Those collapsible bowls being made now work great, but this was a cool idea. Mom totally agrees with #3. What else would a kitty person do on a winter night. That is the best doodle as it is totally true! XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer

Anonymous said...

Well, I live by #4. Good answer. I have never been able to keep a plant alive, OR do gymnastics. Just sayin'. Thanks for being part of my journey.
Annie at ~McGuffy's Reader~