Saturday, August 25, 2018

Caturday Bike Ride

Welcome to the weekend, friends! We of course have a bit of a doodle to share with you all today. Is anyone interested in a bike ride?


I've always quite liked those images of vintage bikes, with their cute little baskets full of flowers. The only thing better than that is, of course, a bike basket with a kitty in it! So, that's exactly what we scribbled up to share with you all today for Athena's Caturday Art blog hop.


We're wishing you all a lovely day!



***
Our Tip of the Day:

We hope you're not getting bored with our tips on feline vet visits, because we still have some more for you. Today's tip is to, if needed, take precautions for the safety of both yourself and your kitty, namely when it comes time to load a kitty up. We're primarily referring to how to safely get an anxious or aggressive kitty into a carrier. We've already given tips on using methods such as leaving the carrier out, putting treats or toys in it, using Feliway, and even using sedating medications if needed. That all being said, for some cats, some or all of the aforementioned methods simply won't work. Even sedatives can be overridden if a cat becomes agitated enough. In such cases, it is important to take precautions to keep you and your cat safe when it comes time to get said kitty in a carrier.

When getting an anxious or aggressive cat into a carrier, a simple towel or blanket could potentially be your best friend. Wrapping your cat in a towel, and putting them in the carrier when they are thus confined, can potentially keep those claws and teeth in check. At the same time, make sure that you have the sufficiently sized carrier placed in a way that loading the cat is as easy as possible. This may mean using a top-loading carrier, or placing a front-loading carrier on its back side so that the door faces up. If a towel or blanket is not enough protection, then you can also look into using thick gloves specifically designed to keep kitty teeth and claws from penetrating, thereby keeping your hands and arms safe.

Some cats are simply less willing to visit the vet and are overall less amenable than others. Differences in personality are part of what make kitties so unique, after all. That being said, if your cat is one who is anxious, aggressive, or otherwise difficult to handle, always take precautions to keep everyone involved safe when vet appointments roll around. When in doubt, of course discuss with your veterinarian the best options for handling your cat.

15 comments:

Kinley Westie said...

Ok, I are not a kitty, but dis looks just like ME in my bike - it's even bike and turquoise!! And da basket are brown and I ride in it in da front and sometimes turn around and smile at momma!

The Swiss Cats said...

I should give it a try ! Is a bike ride less scary than a car ride ? Purrs, Zorro

Smudge said...

Oh goodness me, you'd never get me in a darn bike basket! Car's one thing, bike- nope!

Pam and Teddy said...

Love the doodle today! What fun it would be to safely ride in a basket on a bike....

Hugs, Teddy

Marg said...

That doodle is just too cute. We are trying to catch a bunch of feral cat and I am putting some tuna in carriers and when they go in just close the door if possible. So far we have done five. Have a great day.

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

Count me in for a ride on the bike, we love to bike...well...in fact I'm the one who only watch from the house...MOL :D Great doodle <3 Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend :) <3

Crystal And Daisy Mae said...

Love Your Caturday Art.I shared on G+. I followed you. Hope you follow me back.Great blog.

pilch92 said...

That is a cute drawing. We have bikes, but never use them, I wish I had gotten one that looked more like this than a mountain bike. Great tips too!

Crystal And Daisy Mae said...

I sent you two invitations. One to follow my site and one to do a guest post on my site.
I hope you accept both invitations. Just hit the accept buttons on both and your good to go or you can go directly to my site and follow me there. Either hit the follow button there it's at the top or follow me by e-mail it's at the top too. Thanks for following and accepting In Advance.
Crystal And Daisy Mae

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is so cute. I love the tabby tail hanging over the edge.

The Island Cats said...

Going for a bike ride sounds like a lotta fun!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Too cute! Would you believe I never graduated beyond a tricycle? MOL

messymimi said...

It would be fun to train a cat to ride in the bike basket.

meowmeowmans said...

Now that looks like it would be fun. A ride with a happy kitty? Yippee!

Eastside Cats said...

One of our neighbors has an old bike in their garden, with a basket full of flowers. Should I knock on the door and tell them to put a kitty in there too?
Hehehehe