Friday, August 17, 2018

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello and happy Friday, friends! In case you forgot, it's time for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge. The fill-in statements can be found below. Ellen of 15andmeowing is the mastermind behind the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. I am going _________.

2. I want to be more _________.

3. Once in a blue moon, I _________.

4. I have a large collection of _________.


Of course, I took a turn to fill these in myself.

1. I am going slightly mad.
(Does anyone know this song by Queen? 𝅘𝅥𝅮🎜𝅘𝅥𝅮🎜 I'm going slightly mad. 𝅘𝅥𝅮🎜𝅘𝅥𝅮🎜 I guess this isn't far from the truth, either. I mean, the heat and humidity outside are kind of making me go crazy, if I'm to be completely honest. I'm so very eager for autumn, my very most favorite season.)

2. I want to be more organized.
(I don't feel like I'm the most unorganized person in the world, but I also feel like I could most certainly improve. I think I'd also feel a tad bit less stressed some days if I better organized my time and schedule. To help with this, I've been working on making better, more efficient use of planners, such as my Blogging Cats Weekly Planner. I've realized that I actually like sitting down and filling out my planner for the week, and so far, it's already making me feel a lot more put together.)

3. Once in a blue moon, I watch TV.
(I hardly ever watch TV anymore. Sometimes I'll throw in a DVD, or put something on Netflix, and then often fall asleep while watching it. Really, though, TV is kind of a thing of the past for me. I much prefer to doodle in my sketchbook, blog, read, write, cook or bake, and so forth and so forth.)

4. I have a large collection of books.
(I was either going to put books or cats for this, but my book collection is admittedly far larger than my collection of cats. Books are one thing that I do and likely always will hoard. I love my books.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Who can guess what's next? A certain kitty always shows herself on Fridays around here. And that kitty is Eddy! Eddy isn't alone in her shot for this week, though. You see, Eddy got herself all situated in a sun puddle. She even claimed she'd be willing to sit still for a photo this week! But, someone else had another idea.


Sometimes, resident model Thimble gets jealous of anyone else getting camera time. The photo is evidence of one of those moments. Way to throw some shade on Eddy, Thimble.

Well, photobomb or not, Eddy and all of us here wish you a fantastic Friday!



***
Our Doodle of the Day:

I am really craving autumn doodles already. It's still August, though, so I'm trying to make myself wait until at least the first day of September to starting posting all sorts of pumpkins and other autumnal goodies. To tide me over, I'm trying to think of doodles to create that might more or less portray some end-of-summer activities. I don't know if I succeeded with this first one, though. I've actually never been camping, so I don't know if this is even prime camping season. Nevertheless, here you go.





***
Our Tip of the Day:

Today's tip on taking that kitty of yours to the vet is about selecting the best kind of carrier for your cat. There are a number of considerations to make when it comes to carrier type. The size of your cat, the size of the carrier, how willing your kitty is to enter a carrier, your cat's behavior while in a carrier, and the material out of which a carrier is made can all play a role in the kind of carrier you might want to use.

To go into a bit more detail, let's start with the size of your kitty. For example, take into consideration the comfort of a large cat when selecting a carrier. A small carrier will of course be less than cozy for a large cat, not to mention that it might not be easy to get a large cat into a small carrier in the first place. At the same time, though, it is important to make sure that you can carry your cat's carrier with relative ease. This is especially crucial for emergency cases, when you might need to move quickly and therefore won't want to have difficulty transporting a cat-filled carrier.

Another consideration to make is how easy it is to get your cat into the carrier. Yesterday, we mentioned some tips on getting your cat used to the carrier. Those all being said, some cats may simply not be the easiest to coax into a carrier. With this in mind, consider what type of carrier will be easiest for you, your kitty, and your particular situation. If your cat is difficult to get into a carrier, for example, a top-loading one might be easier than a front-loading one. Then again, if it's possible and safe, you could set a front-loading carrier on its back end in order to load your kitty in through the door while it's standing up in that manner. Also keep in mind how sturdy a carrier is and how easily this might make it to load a kitty inside. Mesh or other flimsy carriers, for example, could collapse as you try to load a difficult cat inside, making the task even more challenging.

Yet another consideration to make is how your cat acts inside a carrier, and how details such as carrier material might be affected. For example, is your cat a digger while in their carrier? If so, a mesh carrier may not be the best option for them, especially if they are an insistent digger who might tear a hole in the mesh or dig at the zipper and escape. Also take into consideration if your kitty has a nervous bladder or nervous bowels. If your cat is known to urinate or defecate in the carrier, consider what type of carrier might be best able to withstand this and to be cleaned afterwards. A plastic carrier might be a good option in this case.

There can be a great many considerations to make when selecting a carrier for your kitty. Those we mentioned above are just some considerations you might need to make. It all depends on your particular furbaby, their personality and behavior, as well as on you and your capabilities or preferences.

21 comments:

messymimi said...

You and i agree about loving books and not being so keen on TV. It would help if i could be better organized, too.

Nice doodle, no matter if this is camping season or not.

Lone Star Cats said...

MOL, Thimble you're a master shade-thrower.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

I always tell my two that siblings aren't toys. Even when they stand RIGHT in your sun!

Julie said...

Uh oh, I see troubles ahead...bad snuffs photobombing butt stealing the sun puddle....there will be a smacky paw in-seed-dent fur sure!
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx
PeeS I had my first go at Friday Fill-ins, hope you approve?

pilch92 said...

I love your answers. I feel the same way about this heat and humidity. I would have guessed you to already be organized so that surprised me. I love the drawing and as far as I am concerned, bring on the pumpkins and apples now. Cute photo of Thimble and Eddy :)My Lucy was like that too, not wanting anyone else in the spotlight. Great tips too. Have a nice weekend!

Yvonne said...

Another great week of fill ins. We have the same answer for #4. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Eastside Cats said...

Oh yeah, The PO'M gets jealous of anyone getting more camera time than himself! We purchased a hard-shell pet carrier when Angel and Chuck were kittens, and they both fit into it easily. Then, we purchased a 2nd one just like the first one. I had no idea there were soft-sides carriers back then, and The Hubby won't let me get one because we have two perfectly good carriers already! *sigh*

achildoftheking said...

Books are a common collectors item. I switched to collecting e-books. LOL Great post.

Mine is here: Friendly Fill-in-I

Sandee said...

Looks like many of us are into books. That's a good thing. We don't watch television much either. We only have Netflix and Amazon Prime. We gave up regular television years ago.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. Thanks for co-hosting. ♥

CMash said...

It has been very hot and humid here in RI but I will take this over the cold and snow. I also have a huge collection of books, which I need more lifetimes to even make a dent in reading them all.

violaetcetera said...

Yes, books are great. And "I'm going slightly mad" is a really good song. We are having a few cooler days and enjoy them.

Marg said...

Those are great fill-ins. I love to read too. It is a great escape.Thimble, you leave Eddy alone. She is all comfy there. You all have a great week end.

Feline Opines said...

Eddy, you're one gorgeous cat but the expression on your face indicates Thimble was an unwelcome participant in the photo. I feel your pain, just when I get myself situated in an attractive pose one of the other Tribe members waltzes into the photo.
Purrs & Head Bonks,
Alberto

The Island Cats said...

We're getting tired of all the heat and humidity too...'specially the humidity!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I don't watch TV much either, mostly because it is such a load of rubbish that they put on. I do like quiz shows though so I usually watch The Chase at 5pm when we have a cup of coffee.
Eddy doesn't look very pleased about Thimble blocking her sun.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

My collection of cat-related items is completely out of control...just the way I like it! The relentless summer heat is driving me nuts too.

M Dawson said...

I have too much stuff and ned to thin it ALL out, but I will never tire of cat things. and cats :-)

We have a TV but it is never on. TV in New Zealand is dreadful, all adverts and imported series and movies UGH!

Cathy Keisha said...

Great answers and fun pic of Eddy. TW is working on uncluttering while we're on break. One think is won't be easy to part with is her very large R.E.M. collection. She started getting rid of some of it a few years ago. and still has a ton of clippings, photos, records, tapes, t shirts, etc.

meowmeowmans said...

We know that song by Queen! As for the heat and humidity, they're driving us a little crazy, too. Thimble, that is some serious shade!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

It's cooled down for us here in the UK but I just know the heatwave isn't over yet!

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

I have read that when our homes are organized, our lives are less stressed and our finances improve. It seems to work that way for us. Have a blessed day.