Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sunday Selfies ft. The Box

Do you all remember Thimble's beloved box she shared with you on Thursday? Huh? Remember?


Yeah, that box. And do you remember how we mentioned that Thimble partook in an entire photo shoot on that there box? Well, some of the shots from that photo shoot were of course selfies!


Thimble can't believe that she cut off her own ear in that one. Usually it's her slipshod photographer of a mom who cuts off her ears, but even this selfie of Thimble's is missing an ear!


Ugh. Thimble is not happy that she yet again cut off her ear, and that a certain orange mancat photobombed her.


You know, it's just tough balancing on a box and trying to snap a selfie all at the same time. So, Thimble hopes you enjoy her selfies even if they're all sorts of earless and mancat photobombed.

Of course, Thimble snapped her box selfies for the Sunday Selfies blog hop, hosted by none other than the Kitties Blue over at The Cat on My Head.


We hope your Sunday is super-duper, friends!



***
Our Doodle of the Day:

Starting today, we're going to be having an extra special week of doodles. This is in part because Tuesday, August 28th, is Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day. More so, though, it's because this upcoming Saturday, September 1st, is the birthday of my angel Rosie and her brother angel Sammy.

Our regular readers will know that my angel Rosie was with me for 21 years. My family adopted her and her brother Sammy when they were roughly 8 weeks old, and when I was 4 years old. Sammy, sadly, passed away at the age of 5 from undetected hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM). I was just under 10 years old at that time, and his loss was one of the very first I experienced as a kid.

My Rosie, she was by my side until I was 26 years old. She was with me for every milestone. Rosie was there for me throughout grade school, high school, college, and all of my first jobs (she was with me when I started the job I currently have). She was with me when I started this blog, too! She was even by my side during the process of buying my very first house, but, sadly, she was called to fly on angel wings just 3 days before I moved into my house.

Where am I going with all of this reminiscing? Well, for this entire week, I'm going to share doodles that portray growing up with Rosie and her brother Sammy. They played such a huge role in my life, that this week of Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day and their birthday seems like the perfect time to dedicate all sorts of doodles to them.

I'm hoping that these doodles bring about smiles and joy. After all, they're based on happy memories. They are based on what it's like to grow up with the best friends ever.





***
Our Tip of the Day:

Can you believe we're still blabbing on about taking your kitty to the vet? Indeed, we still have a few more tips to offer in this series. Some of our very recent tips have been about ways to safely get an anxious or aggressive cat to the vet. These tips included leaving the carrier out at all times, putting treats and toys in it, using Feliway spray in the carrier, administering sedatives to your cat if needed and prescribed by your vet, and using a towel or thick gloves to load a potentially aggressive cat into a carrier. Sometimes, though, even with all such measures being taken, a certain cat might still be difficult or unsafe to easily take to the vet. This might be the case for semi-feral or otherwise aggressive cats. In addition, some cats become so anxious that it's potentially unsafe for them to make the trip to the vet, such as if it causes them to open-mouth breath or other respiratory distress.

If any of the above descriptors match your cat and taking them to the vet is extremely difficult or unsafe, then consider discussing with your veterinarian the possibility of scheduling an at-home vet visit. Some veterinary clinics do offer visits in your own home, especially if that reduces any dangers related to taking your cat to the veterinary clinic itself. In some areas, there are even veterinarians who specifically practice as mobile vets. So, if your cat becomes distressed or dangerous when it comes time to get in a carrier or travel to the vet clinic, consider the option of having a veterinarian come directly to your home.

14 comments:

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Now box balancing is an art, as are selfies. So juggling the two must be a nightmare, especially as those camera phones are really slippy, MOL
Toodle pips
ERin

Lone Star Cats said...

Pawsome selfies!

Your Rosie reminds my momma of Jezebel - they got Jezebel when my momma wuz 6 and she almost made it to 21, so she wuz there for a LOT.

Marg said...

Thimble, you look terrific in your selfies.It is hard to get those ears in just right. This will be fun to have more doodles. You all have a fantastic day.

Pam and Teddy said...

Ear or no ear, Thimble you look wonderful in your close-up selfie shots this week!

Hugs, Teddy

The Island Cats said...

Thimble, we don't mind that your ears got cut off...just as long as we can see your cute face. We can't wait to see the special doodles this week. :)

pilch92 said...

Great selfies Thimble ( and Evan ). Very cute drawing. I did not realize that Angel Rosie left you right before you moved into your new home, that is so sad. Excellent tips, I had the vet come here twice, but I felt the exam wasn't as thorough at home.
Have a great day!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

With or without ears, your selfies are lovely, Thimble.

The Swiss Cats said...

Great selfies ! Purrs

Eastside Cats said...

Thimble, have I mentioned that I love your sweet name, and that is suits you well? I wish I could have the vet come out to check on The POM and Sweetie!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Ears are always disappearing around here too, Thimble!

messymimi said...

Please reassure Thimble that she is beautiful no matter what.

meowmeowmans said...

Thimble, that does take some serious skill to balance on a box AND take selfies. Well done!

As the World Purrs said...

Great selfies!

M Dawson said...

Not cutting off an ear, its an artistic closeup!

Have a great Sunday!