Saturday, October 6, 2018

Cauldron Bubble

I sure hope you all aren't going to get tired of our Halloween doodles. They're going to be here for a while. After all, we're only just now on the sixth day of Halloween.


That there doodle was inspired by my fondness for both Halloween and my dear angel Rosie. My angel Rosie and her brother Sammy were my first cats growing up, and they sure turned me into a true cat lady early on. That's probably why my childhood self dressed up as a cat on more than one occasion for Halloween. My mom even once made me a cat costume completely by hand, all the way down to the tail. I was a black cat in that costume rather than a calico like my Rosie, but Rosie, as well as her sweet brother Sammy, heavily inspired it. That was my favorite Halloween costume I ever wore.

As always, our doodle on this day is our contribution to Athena's Caturday Art Blog Hop.


Be sure to visit Athena to see all the masterpieces our friends have created!



***
Our Tip of the Day:

Yesterday's Halloween tip was the obvious recommendation to keep candy away from your furbaby, since chocolate and other such goodies are indeed toxic to kitties and pups. Today, we're going a tad bit further and reminding you that even the inedible parts and pieces of candy can pose a risk to our furbabies. We're referring to candy wrappers, sucker sticks, and other candy-related bits and bobs. These remnants of a scrumptious piece of candy can smell and taste good to a pup or kitty, and might therefore end up in their mouth. If ingested, wrappers, sucker sticks, and the like could result in gastrointestinal distress or more serious bowel obstruction or perforation. So, needless to say, don't only keep candy out of your furbaby's reach, but also wrappers and other leftovers after the candy itself is gone. Put any trash left behind by candy in a secure trash can where you kitty or pup cannot get to it, in order to keep your furbaby happy and healthy.

17 comments:

Smudge said...

We love all of your artwork, especially the seasonal art. Very creative indeed! Happy weekend to you.

Pam and Teddy said...

Love the Halloween doodle! I don't think I ever dressed up as a cat when I was little.....I do have a very old photo of me in a Halloween costume my Mom did for me - I was a gypsy. I think because it was an EASY costume for a toddler.

Happy Saturday!
Hugs, Pam (with Teddy snoopervising)

Marg said...

That doodle is just great. We really like seeing all the Halloween stuff. It is a fun time.

Peaches and Paprika said...

We love your doodle today and particularly enjoyed your header which we hadn't seen before. We hope you will visit us again sometime! Love, P and P

messymimi said...

Your Halloween inspired doodles are true smile-makers!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a lovely Halloween doodle.

The Swiss Cats said...

Lovely doodle ! Purrs

pilch92 said...

I will never tire of your Halloween doodles or any of your drawings. This one is so adorable. Great tips too. My Polar Bear likes to try to eat the foil wrappers.

Catscue Catmom said...

I love the doodle and the story - no chance I'll ever get tired of them when they always make me smile. I love the story - I started early as a cat lady too, your story got me remembering.

World of Animals, Inc. said...

We are always happy to see your doodles. The month of October is always great for getting ready for Halloween day. Great reading about your memories of when you were little. The cat costume must have been wonderful. Thanks for the share and for the amazing tips that you give. Have a great rest of your weekend.
World of Animals

The Island Cats said...

We could never tire of your doodles! We love this.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

This is so cute and lovely!

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You know I'll never get tired of seeing Halloween...until it's time to start seeing Christmas LOL!

Cathy Keisha said...

That is a cute doodle. I know some cats who like to play with candy wrappers. Nicky used to love batting a wrapped Dum-Dum pop like a hockey puck.

meowmeowmans said...

We'll never get tired of your Halloween doodles! I love the story of how your favorite costume was the one your mom made from hand, and you were a kitty. Adorable!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We love your doodles, no matter what the subject is. And the cat pumpkin is adorable. In fact the entire doodle is adorable.

Eastside Cats said...

Really, did your ears stick out like that?!?
Hahahahaha!
And what is in the cauldron? Split pea soup...yum!