Friday, October 12, 2018

Friendly Fill-Ins

Happy Friday! If you'd like to join us for the Friendly Fill-Ins, we'd be happy to have you! In case you missed them yesterday, we'll share the fill-ins statements again here. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. I have _________ for _________.

2. _________ make me _________.

3. I'm surprised that _________.

4. To make a long story short, _________.


This is another week when all of my answers involve the furbabies!

1. I have a weakness for four-legged furballs.
(Go figure. Actually, though, the number of legs doesn't matter. I have weakness for anything furry and cute.)

2. Stories of animal abuse and neglect make me fume.
(I feel like I usually, for the most part, have a pretty good handle on my temper. When it comes to seeing or hearing news stories about those who abuse and neglect animals, though, I feel truly angry. My sister and I were talking about this the other day, and I admitted to her that if I ever come across someone abusing an animal, I would quite possibly end up in jail.)

3. I'm surprised that Thimble hasn't found her Christmas gift yet.
(Don't tell Thimble, but one of this little lady cat's Christmas gifts is a giant bag of her favorite green, leafy drug. Thimble, the resident catnip fiend, is known for sniffing the stuff out the second it enters the house. So I hid her gift as best as I could right off the bat. I must have done a pretty good job, because she hasn't found it...yet.)

4. To make a long story short, my best friends have fur.
(Again, go figure.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Friday is the day that we give you your Eddy fix. So, are you ready for Eddy?


Eddy and all of us here wish you a fun, fantastic, fabulous Friday!



***
Our Halloween Doodle of the Day:




***
Our Tip of the Day:

Can you believe we're still on the topic of pumpkins? We talked about the benefits of pumpkin, and even pumpkin seeds. All of that aside, though, always keep in mind the age and condition of any pumpkins to which your furbaby has access. This time of year, pumpkins are indeed often used as beautiful outdoor decorations or spooky jack-o'-lanterns. Pumpkins won't stay pretty forever, though, and we're sure you've all witnessed the ultimate demise of pumpkins. That being said, old pumpkins can indeed begin to rot, and if pumpkins in this state are consumed by your kitty or pup, issues such as gastrointestinal distress can occur.

In addition, also keep wildlife in mind with regard to this, as old, rotting food may not sit well for them, either. What's more, pumpkins that are left to sit outside and rot will sometimes ferment. If squirrels or other wildlife consume fermented pumpkins, they can potentially end up in a more or less drunken state. Therefore, be sure to compost or otherwise dispose of old pumpkins in a timely, safe, secure manner, for the safety of your furbabies and the wildlife.

17 comments:

Carry Loves Cats said...

Wow, you must have found a most excellent hiding place!

messymimi said...

Always ready for Eddy! And pumpkins, and black cats.

You must have sealed that catnip package very, very well.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those were great answers and you sure have a great smile Eddy!

Sandee said...

Love all your answers. Yes fur is a good thing to love.

Have a purrfect day and weekend. ♥

Yvonne said...

Perfect answers! I'm especially with you on #2. Have a great weekend!

Cathy Keisha said...

Oh no! You need to give Thimble the nip right away. Once nip gets a few months old, it loses it's aroma and cats can't get high on it anymore. Release the Nip!

Eastside Cats said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eastside Cats said...

Eddy and her fang...

Kimberly said...

Furry best friends are awesome! Cute kitty, that Eddie. :-D

pilch92 said...

Great answers, especially #2. Glad Thimble hasn't found her Christmas gift yet :) That is a wonderful photo of Eddy. That is a nice drawing.The deer get drunk on our grapes, but I never thought about rotting pumpkins. Have a nice weekend!XO

The Swiss Cats said...

Great answers ! We love your smile, Eddy ! Purrs

Marg said...

Hi Eddy, great picture of you. We love the doodle. Made Mom smile big time. You all have a wonderful day.

CRYSTAL said...

Love your answers and my post link is in.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Great answers...and so very true!

Suzanne McClendon said...

That is a great doodle! I love the curly tails on the kitties, especially the one in the tree. It looks like an "S". :)

Maybe Thimble is just pretending to not have found her present yet. Maybe she hid it from you and replaced it with something else. haha

Have a blessed weekend!

Kitties Blue said...

Eddy, you look meowvolous, and we love your mom's catbats. Our mom was going to fill-in #2 much the same way. She too would probably end up in jail if she came across someone being cruel to an animal. We are thankful that our city has some pretty good laws when it comes to hoarding, neglect and abuse. Purrs and hugs to all. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

I think anyone who would abuse an animal should be subjected to the same kind of abuse as a punishment. I would be happy to "Have a word of prayer" with anyone I thought was abusing an animal. Have a blessed week.