Friday, October 5, 2018

Friendly Fill-Ins

TGIF! Now that it is indeed Friday, are you ready to fill in the Friendly Fill-Ins? In case you missed them yesterday, I'll share them again here. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. My favorite font is _________.

2. October is perfect for _________.

3. Where I live, _________.

4. I feel very _________ this time of year.


Here's how I filled them in:

1. My favorite font is Times New Roman.
(I have always appreciated and enjoyed using fonts that are more old-fashioned and reminiscent of the typewriter days. I never even grew up in an era where the typewriter was primarily used, to be honest, as by the time I reached school, we had moved on to computers. However, I have always been interested in the use of typewriters, and would love to own and play around with one.)

2. October is perfect for getting cozy.
(I tried to decide on a more specific answer for this one, but there are just too many things I love about October. The majority of these things, though, involve how cozy this month can be. In October, I love to bundle up in autumn attire, and to get cozy on the couch with my furbabies for a warm reading or writing session. I also love anything to do with Halloween. For me, that indeed can, yet again, involve cozying up on the couch to read a spooky tale, or to watch a spooky movie, or to doodle up a spooky drawing.)

3. Where I live, it still feels like summer.
(Didn't I just say that I love to cozy up in October? We had us two cool, crisp autumn days last week, on which I felt perfectly cozy in my favorite autumn clothes. Since then, it's been hot and humid again. Come on, autumn, you can do it. Seriously, why am I still wearing a tank top?)

4. I feel very eager this time of year.
(Halloween and Christmas are my two favorite holidays. Though I try to savor the entire holiday season, I still always feel eager and a tad bit impatient when awaiting the arrival of the holidays. Of course, after all of my eagerness for the holidays to arrive, I then feel sad when they're over.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Believe it or not, we still have some miraculously non-blurry photos of Eddy to share with you all. So, here's your Friday fix of Eddy, with a little peek-a-boo shot from beneath!


Happy Friday, friends!


***
Our Halloween Doodle of the Day:




***
Our Tip of the Day:

We're just in the early stages of our October-long Halloween tips. Today, how about we get one of the most common Halloween tips out of the way? That's right, today we're talking about candy. The long and short of it is that you should never leave candy sitting out where your furbaby can find it and help themselves. Whether it be candy you're saving for yourself, or the candy dish you've prepared for those trick-or-treaters, always keep it well hidden from the kitties and pups.

As you all certainly know, chocolate can very toxic to our furbabies. Another candy danger includes artificial sweeteners like xylitol, which can be found in sugar-free candy, among other foods and goods. This candy discussion can also include raisins, and the double whammy that is chocolate-covered raisins. After all, raisins are toxic to kitties and pups just like chocolate is. To be on the safe side, no matter what kind of candy you're handing out this Halloween or have around the house, keep it hidden away from curious paws and maws.

In the event that your furbaby finds the candy, know the potential signs of toxicity. These can vary, and might include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, or even neurological symptoms. Should you think or know that your furbaby has gotten into your candy stash, or should you observe any signs of toxicity, do not hesitate to seek veterinary assistance. It also does not hurt to have on hand a poison control number, such as the ASPCA at 1-888-426-4435.

20 comments:

messymimi said...

It is a very anticipatory time of year, isn't it? We are anticipating holidays and cooler weather. It's been cooler in the mornings here, finally. Not cold, but the heat is breaking at night, which is a good sign.

Eddy is precious from every angle.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

This is definitely the best month of the year! We are having cold crisp mornings here in Essex, UK, but the afternoons are unusually mild for this time of year.

I am old enough to remember typewriters. I first had a toyish one for children, then Mum bought me a proper one for when I got older (she was preparing me to work in an office, but I wrote stories on it instead and magazine articles about pop stars). In the final few years at school we were using electric typewriters. I am that old :(

Love Eddy!

Carry Loves Cats said...

Fabulous photo Eddy.

Cosy is my favourite part of autumn and winter too. :)

Cathy Kennedy said...

Lorraine,

Times New Roman is a good font. It's easy to read. I like playing around with various fonts, especially when I to photo-art creations. :)

October is a good time to cozy once the weather cools a bit. I like keeping a fleece blanket on the sofa for times like that, too.

I'm not very big on Halloween, never have been except when I was a kid. We discourage kids coming to our home by keeping the porch light off and if they do show, we refuse to answer the door. I don't think children should be out after dark. It's not safe, no matter how careful you are, accidents can happen.

Cute Halloween sketch. I might have asked you before but do you use an app to illustrate your work on or do you draw yours old school? Which ever technique you go with you still create some darn cute pictures. :)

I knew chocolate was bad for dogs and I figured it isn't good for cats, either. Heck, if humans eat too much chocolate then they can suffer from these same symptoms, maybe not as severe but it happens. Are plain raisins bad for cats? Why is that? I had not heard this before now.

Thanks for hosting the fill-ins fun. Have a good weekend, my friend!

Pam and Teddy said...

What super filling in this week. And just in case we don't say it enough, thanks for co-hosting this FUN spot in our week! October is our favorite month too as it is for lots of peeps we know. We just wish it would be OCTOBERISH with the weather - yesterday it was 90. NOT FALL!! Anyway, great filling in and have a wonderful Friday and weekend.

Hugs, Teddy and Mom too

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

Back when I was a child it seemed like there was a long time for the whole holiday season. Once we got to Halloween, it seemed like things slowed down. Thanksgiving took forever to get here, and then it was even longer before we got to Christmas. Now, it seems like we just get done with one year and, boom, the next year has passed by. Have a blessed day.

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed your answers. We both are fall lovers, there are so many fun things to enjoy. Sorry you are not getting colder weather yet. That is an adorable shot of Eddy. Great drawing and excellent tips. I hope you have a wonderful and chilly weekend. XO

Suzanne McClendon said...

That is a great Eddy photo and I love your doodle, too. :)

It is still hot here, too, but that's the way it goes. It was in the 90s yesterday.

We still had manual and electric typewriters when I was in high school. Typing I was manual. Typing II was electric. I enjoyed both, but I think I preferred the manual one. I loved zipping the carriage back to the beginning when I ended the row. :) We have an old Royal typewriter, but no ribbons to use it. I don't know if you can even still get the ribbons anymore. This typewriter weighs a ton!

Halloween and Christmas have their good points, but my all-time favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. :)

Have a blessed weekend!

Sandee said...

The morning are very chilly here but the days warm back up where you think it's still summer. Normal for here. It's cooling down but slowly.

Thank you for co-hosting Friendly Fill-ins.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

Yvonne said...

Fun fill ins. Great answers. Hope you have a great weekend!

Ruby's Rescued Life said...

Love the kitty on the broom! I love fall, too, and am anxiously awaiting the leaves changing colors. They are late this year, not sure why.

Marg said...

Great Halloween doodle. The fill-ins are just perfect too. Have a great day.

Ramona said...

I am quite eager for Christmas too. :) I love the doodle. <3

Elizabeth said...

I wish it were warm here in Pennsylvania. I like the HEAT, and it is nice but chilly.

Times New Roman is a good font.

Nice answers...thanks for hosting and for sharing.

Eastside Cats said...

Cute doodle!
I like Times New Roman too, but I like Rock Salt, and some other funky ones. At the office, it's always Arial; I don't get a choice!

Feline Opines said...

The Tribe of Five loves getting cozy! The Female Human even had the fireplace on one evening and that is really cozy!
Purrs & Head Bonks,
Lily

Cathy Keisha said...

Cute doodle and even cuter Eddy. TW's least favorite font is courier cos that's the real old typewriter font. We like the marker-type fonts that look like handwriting.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I could've written your answers to 2 and 4 myself! I hope it starts to feel like fall for you soon.

Anonymous said...

Gosh! We love you fill ins! Sure wish we had it a little warmer though.
It has been a colder and wetter fall than usual. Your doodle ROCKS and so does Eddy.
PURRS
MARV

The Swiss Cats said...

Great answers ! Great picture, Eddy ! Purrs