Sunday, October 14, 2018

Sunday Selfies

When most of the furbabies in the house are unwilling to snap a selfie, Thimble always steps up to the plate. Well, today she stepped up to the window, but same difference. Thimble's selfies are all about her adorable profile.



Thimble's side shots are of course our contribution to the Sunday Selfies blog hop, hosted by the Kitties Blue of The Cat on My Head.


Have a super Sunday, friends!



***
Our Doodle of the Day:

I'm participating in a craft fair this weekend that is largely focused on Halloween and Christmas goodies. I could die happy in a room full of crafts dedicated to my two favorite holidays. What's more, the nice lady at the booth neighboring mine loves animals, and she creates jewelry featuring all sorts of cats. Needless to say, I raided her booth.

Anyway, over the next couple of days, I'll share some of the Halloween bookmarks I created for this craft fair. The first bookmark I created looks like this in its raw form:


Then, for the fun of it, I added a bit of a Halloween pun I saw online. It goes a little like this:


I'm not sure if that's too small to easily read or not. In case you can't tell, it says, "Carve out time to read." The other bookmarks I created will also come with silly little puns I found online. You'll get to see just how corny they are over the next few days.



***
Our Tip of the Day:

Today's tip is about none other than costumes. As you might see upon visiting a pet store this time of year, Halloween costumes are sometimes just as popular for kitties and pups as they are for children of the human sort. That being said, though, it is best to only put and keep a costume on a furbaby who tolerates and enjoys it. Some cats and dogs simply do not like wearing costumes or other clothing items, and those such furbabies should not be forced to wear a costume for Halloween, or any time of the year. If you do try a costume on your kitty or pup, watch for signs of stress, such as trying to remove the costume or restlessness. If you do notice any signs that your furbaby is not enjoying a costume you've chosen for them, remove it and simply let them don their birthday suit this Halloween.

13 comments:

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Aww, that is a delightfully lit selfie, and no mistake! Mrs H loves the top one, and I the bottom.
Toodle pips
ERin

The Island Cats said...

We love your profile selfie, Thimble. And what a cute doodle!

Marg said...

Thimble, that is one great profile. We love the doodle too. And we could read the writing. Well done.

Catscue Catmom said...

What a sweet profile Thimble! I love the book mark and could read the words just fine.

Carry Loves Cats said...

Great profile Thimble.

The Swiss Cats said...

Beautiful profile, Thimble ! Purrs

Anonymous said...

Thimble...You are gorgeous! And I must say, my Mom got a real laugh out of your book marks! Kudos!
Purrs
Marv

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You are such a little doll Thimble, and those bookmarks are AMAZING!

pilch92 said...

Great shots of Thimble, she is a cutie. I love that bookmark and the writing on it. Great tips too, I am lucky most of my cats are OK with costumes.

messymimi said...

That's a great bookmark, i am always trying to carve out more reading time.

Dash Kitten Crew said...

We love the selfies and adore your picture quote. Yes indeed, and we love to read.

meowmeowmans said...

Thimble, that's a great looking profile selfie. And yes, carving out the time to read is pretty darned important. :)

Eastside Cats said...

Thimble, just like The PO'M, your whiskers are different colors...LURV that! I am desperately trying to find some reading time; it's hard!