Friday, November 16, 2018

Friendly Fill-Ins

It's Friday already? Woohoo! You know what Friday means? It means we have some fill-ins to fill in. In case you missed the fill-in statements for today's Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, we'll share them again here. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. I can't wait to have _________ on Thanksgiving. (If not in the USA, substitute your next holiday.)

2. I am thankful for _________.

3. When it comes to pie, _________. 

4. A feast is not a feast without _________.


My furbabies and I are indeed in the USA, so we're gearing up for Thanksgiving next week. That made filling in this week's fill-ins all sort of festive for us.

1. I can't wait to have sweet potato casserole on Thanksgiving.
(I eat sweet potatoes on the regular, but it's only during the holiday season that I eat them lathered in sugar and topped with a mountain of marshmallows. Bring on the sweet potato casserole!)

2. I am thankful for my family.
(This of course includes the furry, four-legged sort just as much as the humanoid peeps.)

3. When it comes to pie, you can never have too much whipped cream on top.
(Pup Astrid and mancat Evan completely agree with me on this. Those two are whipped cream fiends, even more so than any humans I know.)

4. A feast is not a feast without a nap for dessert.
(What with the turkey and pies and anything and everything I eat in between, I tend to end a good ol' feast with a good ol' nap. It's actually more like a coma, but that's just semantics.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***


Eddy's a bit perturbed that we're not having many of those window whiffies these days. There's good reason for that, though. For example, window whiffies get canceled when you wake up to this:


Is it Christmas? Because it looks and feels like Christmas over here. Now, excuse us while we spend our weekend curled up on the couch beneath some warm blankets.

Happy Friday, friends!



***
Our Doodle of the Day:



Our yard is covered in leaves, and now those leaves are covered in snow. Do you think we'll be raking anytime soon? We'll keep you posted on that.



***
Our Tip of the Day:

Many Thanksgiving dinners include bread, rolls, biscuits, or other doughy goods. That being said, be cautious and aware when cooking bread around dogs and cats. If a pup or kitty consumes unbaked bread dough, especially that which contains yeast, serious side effects could result. For example, unbaked break dough can expand inside the warm intestinal tract, which can in turn result in life-threatening bloat, twisted stomach, and other potential issues. Yeast in unbaked bread dough not only can result in bloat, though, but also fermentation. Such fermentation produces alcohols, which can then be absorbed into the bloodstream and result in alcohol poisoning. Needless to say, unbaked bread dough can be very dangerous, or deadly, if consumed by a cat or dog. So, never leave unbaked bread dough unattended. Keep your kitty or pup out of the kitchen, or do whatever else you must to keep your kitty or pup from giving that dough and other dangerous Thanksgiving feast foods a taste test.

17 comments:

messymimi said...

As i've said, Grandma always spikes the sweet potatoes, so i have to save one out for myself and bake it my way. They are good, aren't they?

You need to leave the layer of leaves between the snow and the grass to protect the grass, that's what i say.

Eddy does not want window whiffies with a side of frozen whiskers, i can promise her that, and that's a cute kitty with snow on her head.

Yvonne said...

Great answers...I love sweet potato casserole. Yum! I agree about the whipped cream. You can never have too much! Have a great weekend!

KnottedFingers said...

What lovely snow!! And our mom loves sweet potatoes!

Angelic Clowder

pilch92 said...

Great answers to the fill-ins. I love a nap on Thanksgiving :)I I have a lot of kitties that love whipped cream too. Poor Jinx loves it, but it always upsets his tummy. We woke up to that beautiful sight too- I love snow! I am glad you mentioned sweet potatoes. I need to get something, all the other veggies we grew, but we can't seem to grow those. Eddy is a cutie. Great drawing and tips too.

Elizabeth said...



I have almost the same answer you do for #4.

Have a great Friday and weekend AND a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Sandee said...

Love all the fill-ins. I've not had sweet potato casserole. Sounds yummy and fattening.

Yikes on all that snow. Awfully early for snow isn't it. Well perhaps not.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

M. K. Clinton said...

I love sweet potato casserole too. I also have a yummy recipe for carrot souffle that is super tasty! Oh yes, a nap is excellent after dinner.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Would you believe I've never had a sweet potato? Love the art :) We had 6 inches overnight!

Eastside Cats said...

No open windows around here either! Too freakin' cold, and snowing and rain and icky.

Cathy Keisha said...

Pop LOVES sweet potatoes. They've never candies them up though. When Gramma made the feast, TW used to take a nap but she's way too busy now. Poor Eddy. My whiffie days are over for the year since the wndows are frozen shut.

Kitties Blue said...

Eddy's photo is totally adorable and precious, and we love the snowy leaf doodle. Mom says that she never liked or ate whipped cream when she was a kid. In fact, she didn't like it until a few years ago when she discovered she could make it without putting any sugar in it. Wishing everyone a Blessed Thanksgiving. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer

Catscue Catmom said...

Wow, that is some major snow! Sorry about the ban on whiffies Eddy!

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

You know, I don't think I've ever had sweet potato casserole ... and I LOVE sweet potatoes!

Pam and Teddy said...

Super fill-ins! Thanks for being a co-host for this pawsome fun activity every Friday....we look forward to it. We are also looking forward to Thanksgiving. I see you also got slammed with some snow - we certainly got snow earlier than we have received it in over 20 years here. What's with that??? Hoping it doesn't snow NEXT week when everyone is trying to get wherever they need to be for the BIG FEAST!

Hugs, Teddy

Marg said...

I have never had Sweet Potato Cassarole, but sure will have to try it this year. Sounds really yummy. You all have a wonderful week end.

The Island Cats said...

Yikes! You got way more snow than we did! We hope it melts fast. Wally is in total agreement about the whipped cream. :)

Suzanne McClendon said...

I thought that your tip of the day was very interesting. It isn't safe for humans either. There was an Emergency! episode many years ago where a boy ate uncooked cinnamon roll dough. It distended his tummy something awful. He was in a horrible fix. It looked pretty scary to me and crosses my mind every time I make bread. I am prone to eating raw cookie dough, running my finger across the cake batter bowl after I've put the batter in the pan, all sorts of no-nos, etc. But, one thing I don't ever do is eat raw bread dough. That boy looked like he was literally going to explode!

I love your doodles and the Eddy whiffie pics. So cute!

Have a blessed weekend and a very Happy Thanksgiving. :)