Friday, November 9, 2018

Friendly Fill-Ins

TGIF! It's time to gear up for the weekend, and to share those Friendly Fill-Ins. If you missed the fill-in statements yesterday, we'll share them again here. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. I just _________.

2. My next _________ will be _________.

3. The sound of _________ makes me cringe.

4. Right now, I am craving _________.


Are you ready to see how I filled these in?

1. I just finished writing a story I've been working on for what seems like an eternity.
(Let's be honest, what I just finished is a very, very rough first draft of a story. And it's just a short story for now, so it isn't much as it stands. But, writing stories and books has always been a dream of mine, so I guess it's something. Oh, and of course there's an important kitty character in said story.)

2. My next story will be a Christmas one.
(The story I just finished writing was a tiny little Halloween tale. Obviously, I intended to finish it by Halloween, and even to share it with you guys on Halloween, but I failed to complete it in time. Now I'm going to move on to a Christmas story with the same characters, of course including the special kitty star.)

3. The sound of a phone ringing makes me cringe.
(The reason behind this one is simple. I just don't enjoy talking on the phone.)

4. Right now, I am craving kitty cuddles.
(I am answering these fill-ins while out and about and away from home. Needless to say, I can't wait to get home and curl up on the couch with some kitties! Especially since it's currently snowing. Oh, and of course there will some food cravings involved, too. I'm craving and will be eating a peanut butter banana smoothie.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Friday doesn't just mean the Friendly Fill-Ins here at our blog. It also means we give your your dose of Eddy!


Don't you just love that little tooth? I sure do love that little tooth of Eddy's. I call that look there her Elvis snarl. It's how she looks roughly 100% of the time, due to facial nerve paralysis she's had since kittenhood. I think it's downright adorable.

Have a fabulous Friday, friends!



***
Our Doodle of the Day

My finally finished Halloween tale that I mentioned in my fill-ins above left with a hankering to draw just one more Halloweenish doodle. I hope you don't mind.




***
Our Tip of the Day:

From now through Thanksgiving Day here in the US, we're going to give some tips on food safety. After all, Thanksgiving is a time when we humans tend to indulge in all sorts of tasty foods. That being said, though, some of those foods are not ideal or safe for our kitties or pups to eat. We've given many tips like these over time, but this seems like the perfect season to repeat some of them.

Let's start with the obvious foods that most of you likely already know to be dangerous. For example, foods in the Allium species, such as onion and garlic, can be dangerous to cats and dogs. Be careful to keep those out of reach when cooking with them, and of course keep out of your furbaby's reach any foods that contain them. What are some of the other obvious ones? Grapes and raisins, such as if you have a fruit dish set out or if you've made a dessert with raisins, should be kept away from your kitty or pup. And don't forget the toxicity that chocolate and alcohol can pose to cats and dogs. Many tasty foods find their way to the table for Thanksgiving, but some of them are dangerous to our kitties and pups. Always be aware of that, and plan your menu, food placement, and general kitchen safety protocols accordingly.

18 comments:

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Your kitties are always so perfect just the way they are. I'm the same with the phone. My answering machine goes to good use :)

Pam and Teddy said...

Eddy's toofie is adorable. Concatulations on getting some stories in the works. So glad to hear you're doing that as you are a master storyteller! Happy Friday!

Hugs, Pam

Carry Loves Cats said...

Eddy's tooth is the cutest. I can't wait to read your stories!

Marg said...

We feel the same about the phone. It is always a telemarketer. We love seeing your great tooth, Eddy. And the doodle is just too cute. Have a great day.

pilch92 said...

Great answers, I almost had the same for #3 :) I am excited to read your stories, I am sure they are great. Very cute drawing, I never tire of Halloween. Eddy is a cutie. And those are excellent tips. Have a wonderful weekend! XO

M. K. Clinton said...

You could write a story for all the holidays with a certain special kitty and put it together in one fun book. ♥ I don't like talking on the phone either. It seems so strange that I could talk for HOURS on the phone as a teenager but that was a million years ago. I love Eddy's tooth.

Elizabeth said...



Great on finishing a story...that is wonderful.

Have a great weekend.

World of Animals, Inc said...

We always love seeing Eddy's little tooth. That face is just too adorable. We loved your friendly fill-in answers. We don't like when the phone rings during dinner time. Thanks for the sharing the great doodle. Have a wonderful upcoming weekend.
World of Animals

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Eddy's tooth is lovely!

I hate the phone. I get into a panic when it rings. I hate talking on the phone.

Good luck with the story!

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

messymimi said...

Eddy is beautiful, and i hope to be able to read all of your stories someday, i think you have the tale-teller’s touch from your story poems.

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

I hate talking on the phone, too. Back a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I was a bill collector. I used to have to sit at a desk with two sets of headphones on my head. The computer would dial numbers and connect them on the one headset and inbound calls would come in on a regular landline phone for the other headset. I would talk to over 300 people per day.

I was not the kind of bill collector who strong armed people. I was the one in the office the owner came to when there were complaints from clients. I would have to settle the rumpled feathers for them.

I have been called every name you can think of. I thought that was funny. Have a blessed week.

Eastside Cats said...

Would love to read your Halloween story, even if the holiday has just passed by! Talking on the phone is no big deal for me, since I've spent so many years as a customer service rep and can yak, yak, yak with the best of them! Both Manny and CB stole some pumpkin cubes from my dinner last night, and they eat them! Weird, huh?!?

Suzanne McClendon said...

I love that Eddy pic. So cute. :)

Snow? You have snow? You are so lucky. We have very cool and wet, wet, wet right now, but no snow.

That pumpkin kitty doodle is so sweet.

Have a blessed weekend!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

It just amazes me how much we're alike. I couldn't agree with you more on 3 and 4 (the phone - EEK!!! Give me text and email anyday.) And we are SO excited to read your stories! This is the first year in awhile I haven't written a Halloween story but the inspiration just wasn't there this year. And that doodle - YUMMY!!!

Kitties Blue said...

We bet your Halloween story is terrific and we know your Christmas one will be as well, especially as we know they will be accompanied by your doodles. We bet a certain Rosie cat is in your stories. Eddy has that Elvis impression down pat. Eew...snow. Please keep it. Mom and you had the same cringe...the phone! Have a terrific weekend. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer

Cathy Keisha said...

Hi Eddy! Nice snaggle tooth! Since all the phone spoofing, the sound of the phone makes TW cringe too.

Catscue Catmom said...

Author, Author! Congratulations on finishing your story! Not a better feeling in the world - good job! I LOVE that toofie, what a doll!

M Dawson said...

Love the character tooth and AND the pumpkin pie * yum * Eddy you are a star :-)

The Dash Kitten Crew