Friday, November 30, 2018

Friendly Fill-Ins and a Festive Flashback Photo Fail

Happy Friday, friends! On this Friday, just like every Friday, we're having some fun with the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge. In case you missed the fill-in statements yesterday, I'll share them again here. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. I refuse to shop in _________.

2. A store I wouldn't mind being trapped in overnight is _________.

3. I'm dreaming of _________.

4. I wouldn't touch _________ with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole.


As always, I would never ask you to fill these in without filling them in myself. So, here goes:

1. I refuse to shop in Starbucks.
(This is probably not the direction this fill-in was intended to go, and it's also probably a completely unfair answer. I don't like or drink coffee, so I don't really have a reason to visit Starbucks in the first place. Perhaps my aversion stems from the cost of the drinks, which the coffee non-drinker in me thinks maybe could be concocted for far cheaper at home? Or, perhaps my aversion has a little to do with how the mere act of holding a Starbucks drink in your hand seems to have become indicative of social status. Then again, maybe I'm just over-analyzing that.)

2. A store I wouldn't mind being trapped in overnight is Target.
(I'm pretty sure I've professed my love for Target here before. It has everything you could hope for, of course including some of the cutest cat toys and scratchers. Honestly, have seen their Christmas cat toys and scratchers this year? Be still my beating heart.)

3. I'm dreaming of gingerbread.
(I love gingerbread cookies, but I haven't had gingerbread cookies in a couple of years because I can no longer eat some of the primary ingredients required for most cookies. I make traditional gingerbread cookies every Christmas for my family, but I just refrain from eating them. However, I have been practicing making alternative versions of foods that I can eat without the problematic ingredients. So, this year, I am determined to succeed with a gingerbread recipe that I can both make and eat. I may be destined for an epic fail, but if I don't try, I'll never know.)

4. I wouldn't touch gluten with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole.
(See #3 above. The same goes for dairy. This answer is kind of a lie, though, since I do use these ingredients to make baked goods for others. I sometimes wear gloves when handling gluten, but perhaps a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole would be a superior option.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Today, we are participating in the Pet Photo Fails! Blog Hop, in honor of Sarah. Sarah, who commonly went by Roby Sweet, sadly passed away earlier in November. She was a great many wonderful things, one of them being the human behind The Cuddlywumps Cat Chronicles, and the host of the Pet Photo Fails! Blog Hop. Melissa and Mudpie have graciously stepped forward to host and continue Sarah's blog hop.

Our blooper for today is a festive flashback, and of course stars our blooper queen Eddy.


This blooper was snapped lat year, during one of Eddy's many Christmas tree adventures. We're sure we'll have lots more shots like this to share this year as well.

Thank you, Melissa and Mudpie, for continuing the Pet Photo Fails! Blog Hop in memory of Sarah!

Wishing all of you friends of ours a beautiful day!



***
Our Festive Doodle of the Day:




***
Our Tip of the Day:

Our last tip for Pet Diabetes Awareness Month is to schedule regular checkups with your veterinarian. Even if a furbaby's diabetes has been under control for a prolonged period of time, or even in a potential case of diabetic remission, it is still wise to schedule regular vet visits. Regardless of how long a cat or dog has been living with diabetes, regular bloodwork and urinalyses, for example, are very important for monitoring their overall health and status. Bloodwork in the form of frucotsamine checks can help reveal if blood sugar has indeed been staying steady over a longer period of time, as a fructosamine test can indicate the average blood glucose level over the span of the past 2 or 3 weeks. This is beneficial as it gives a broader view of diabetes regulation, far more so than just a single-moment blood glucose check. In addition, regular urinalyses can help check for glucose or ketones in the urine, or for signs of UTI, which are sometimes common in diabetic cats and dogs. Just as always, it is better to be safe than sorry, so never forget the importance of regular vet visits.

13 comments:

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Great fill-ins.

I agree with you about Starbucks. Though I do drink coffee, I don't see the point for paying for an overpriced one when I can get a decent coffee at home. But then again, I work from home so there is no need for me to go out and get one. You're right about the social status thing too.

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

Marg said...

Your fill-ins are terrific. The Mom loves Gingerbread too. Eddy, that is some Christmas tree act. That is one reason, I am not having a tree this year. Pumpkin would destroy it. Have a great day.

Yvonne said...

Another great week of fill ins. I'm not a big Starbucks fan. Their coffee is always too strong for me and I can never get it just right. I do love Target. Great choice.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Sandee said...

We don't buy Starbuck's overpriced coffee either. We like our coffee at home.

Great answers. Let us know how the gingerbread recipe turns out.

Eddy had fun in that tree last year.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. Thanks for co-hosting Friendly Fill-ins. ♥

messymimi said...

Starbucks is great for the occasional treat, like when you want a decaf coconut milk latte, something i would never have the ingredients for at home, or as a cheap date with my Sweetie. No way would it be the place to go every single morning.

That phto “fail” is perfect!

pilch92 said...

Great fill-ins! I knew you would choose Target. Come to think of it, that is perfect, lots to eat, place to sleep and plenty to read. I almost chose Starbucks too. My niece loves that place and I get so annoyed at the cost. I actually prefer McDonald's $1 coffee.
I am glad you are finding alternative recipes you can enjoy. Very cute drawing. My cats are working on their letters to Santa and will have the first set posted Sunday. Great photo fail, too funny.
And excellent tips. Have a nice weekend! XO

Catscue Cat Mom said...

Darling foto fail of Eddy - very festive! Who can afford Starbucks every morning when you love cats. Think of all the treats and toys that can be purchased instead!

World of Animals, Inc said...

Eddy, looks like you had a great time in the tree last year. That is one great photo. Great fill-in answers. We would love to trapped inside Target as well. Love going there at least once a week. Thanks for the share. Have a wonderful weekend.
World of Animals

The Island Cats said...

What a cute pic of Eddy! Good luck with making that alternative gingerbread. We know you can do it!

Cathy Keisha said...

TW had only been in Starbucks once until she started going there with Aunt Pauline who loved going there. TW shops in Dunkin Donuts which is just as expensive cos Pop doesn't drink coffee and she's too lazy to make it for one and then have to clean the machine. All that might change cos I'm hearing whispers there might be something under the tree for her to make one cup of coffee. We don't really have a Target around here so TW has never been. It's sad that you have all those allergies at such a young age but great they diagnosed them. My Aunt Karen owns a gluten-free bakery in FL.

Cathy Keisha said...

BTW, have you linked up to the Pet Photo Fails blog hop? It's sad that there's only 4 entries.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Eddy is so perfect in every way! I'm with you on Starbucks. I don't like coffee so the whole thing holds no allure for me. I even have a couple gift cards that I haven't used for years.

Eastside Cats said...

I don't drink coffee, but Starbucks is a terrific place to get a great cup, and every store you go to serves the same thing. The Hubby wants his coffee as black as sin, and as hot as lava, and Starbucks ALWAYS makes him happy. I drink tea when I'm there. No, Starbucks isn't for everyone, but for those who have discriminating coffee tastes...it's the place! Except for local coffee shops, which are even better...