Friday, September 18, 2020

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello and happy Friday! Are you ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge? If you'd like to participate but missed the fill-in statements yesterday, we'll share them again here. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.

1. If you are looking for _________, try _________.

2. _________ fills me with hope.

3. It's only a matter of time before _________.

4. _________ is my favorite conversation topic.


My answers are below in bold, and they're all about our furry friends this week.

1. If you are looking for unconditional love, try visiting an animal shelter.
(Nothing and no one can offer unconditional love like a furry friend. Shelter animals have so much love to give.)

2. The unconditional love of our furry friends fills me with hope.
(Humans may not have unconditional love to offer, but our cats, dogs, and other companion animals do, and that gives me hope for this world. If humans were more like our furry friends, the world would be such a better place.)

3. It's only a matter of time before Eddy learns how to open her treat bin.
(I've mentioned before how Eddy never use to be a fan of treats, but then I tried a new fishy flavor, and now she's addicted to that one type of treat. Every time I enter my room, Eddy screams at the top of her lungs and runs over to the usual spot where she gets her treats. The other day, I caught her tapping and digging at the lid of her treat bin. I think she's determined to no longer be dependent on me to give her treats.)

4. Anything cat is my favorite conversation topic.
(I'm not a very talkative person, at least not in person. But, if you bring up cats, or even dogs or other animals, I'll gladly have a conversation with you. One of my co-workers is someone with whom I have very little in common, but he has a cat and he loves talking about cats, and so that's the topic of the majority of the conversations we have.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

I've been trying to coax my furbabies into cooperating during some autumn and Halloween photo shoots. Some of them are agreeable, and some of them are not. Eddy is one of them who is not. So, like last week, I thought we'd share some flashbacks to past Halloween seasons with Eddy.



And there you have it. Some ghostly photos from our resident blooper queen.

Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

Today's flashback doodle is of course an autumnal one. There are pumpkins, there are cats, there are books, and that about sums it up. Anyone remember this one from last year?




***
Tip of the Day

Today is the last tip in our disaster preparedness series, and it is one that we have repeated many times, on many different occasions. This tip is to always ensure that your furbaby has some form of identification. In the unfortunate event that your furbaby becomes separated from you in any form of disaster or emergency, some form of identification could more easily bring them back to you. A collar with an ID tag as well as a microchip are the most common forms of ID for our kitties or pups. In addition to ensuring this identification is on your cat or dog, also make sure that the information is up-to-date. If you have moved addresses or changed phone numbers, for example, make sure this is reflected on your furbaby's identification. No one ever wants to consider being separated from their kitty or pup, but should this happen in an emergency or any event, your furbaby is more likely to find their way back to you if they are wearing some form of identification.

13 comments:

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Great answers. Definitely agree!

Pam and Teddy said...

You're right about finding a dose of unconditional love. The shelter is the place - they are all so very READY for love and appreciate every kind gesture.

Hugs, Pam

Cathy Kennedy said...

Lorraine,

Pets do offer unconditional love. I'd love to have a house kitty but our allergies just won't allow it. :( I'm even allergic to doggie fur or maybe it's the dander. :( You might need to put a padlock on Eddy's treat bin with a real key (hide it in the freezer), no combination locks because she might watch over your shoulder. Your flashback sketch is cute and so autumny. I can't believe the first day of fall is only days away! Have a funtastic weekend, my dear!

messymimi said...

Pets are always on topic, and their love is such a blessing. Thanks for hosting!

Yvonne said...

We were on the same wavelength with your answers this week. Mine were very similar to yours. Hope you have a great weekend!

Eastside Cats said...

I too adore talking about cats, but I'm not very good at holding my tongue when someone suggests something that I know is detrimental to a cat's health!

pilch92 said...

All your answers are great and I completely agree about unconditional love from a pet. That is funny about Eddy and her treats Where there is a will, there is a way. Same here with conversations. Cute shots of Eddy and her ghost. And I love the drawing- books, pumpkins and cats is all one needs- well maybe some coffee :) Excellent tips too. Have a nice weekend. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Can I boop your nose, Eddy? Love your answers and cozy doodle :)

The Island Cats said...

Eddy, you are too cute. And we sure hope you get that treat bin opened.

Anne M Robinson said...

Eddy is very sweet! She knows what she likes! Cats are so independent. What sweet photo shares. Thanks for hosting with Ellen and thanks for thinking up the questions too. HUGS across the miles XO XO XO XO XO

Timmy Tomcat said...

Eddy you are the sweetest. Great fill ins and we remembered this week Yay

Cathy Keisha said...

Looks like Eddy decided to take her own selfie too. Great answers and thanx for hosting.

cat9984 said...

I have decided that any cats I get in the future will be adult shelter cats. They seem so grateful to have a forever home.