Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Return to Sender?

On more than one occasion, I've received an erroneous package from Amazon. For example, I once ordered one of my art markers from them, but instead of the marker I received a piece of lingerie that I most certainly did not order. But what do you guys make of this package I received? Should I return it to the sender?





In all honesty, Tonks loves crawling into boxes and packing envelopes, no matter how small they are. She's not a big cat, yet she still surprises me with her ease of squeezing into tiny spaces. I wish I was that flexible.

Have a terrific Tuesday!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

We'll finally be getting back to our usual doodle schedule on Thursday, starting on that day with our autumnal illustration to go along with our weekly poem as part of the Thoroughly Poetic Thursday challenge. I happily spent this past weekend working on over a dozen upcoming doodles for autumn and Halloween, and I'm eager to start sharing those as well as to start working on even more new ones. After all, this is the most wonderful time of the year, is it not?

Anyway, for today we do have another flashback doodle. It's of course another autumnal one, and this time it's one that I scribbled up back in 2018.




***
Did you know?

Did you know that the average cat can fit through any gap or hole through which they can fit their head? And do you know how this is possible? First, cats' spines are very flexible. That's not the only reason, though. Whereas a human's collarbone is attached to other bones, a cat's collarbone is only attached to muscle. This largely contributes to why most cats can more or less squash themselves and thereby slip through any gap or hole that fits their head. Depending on the size of the cat, it is possible for a feline to fit through a gap only a couple of inches wide or tall. In fact, there are even instances, some of them caught on video or in photos and shared online, of cats fitting through small gaps such as the one between the bottom of a door and the floor. And then there are those photos and videos of cats fitting into relatively small jars, very thin boxes, and so on and so forth. As already noted, this of course depends on the size of the cat. A fat cat, for example, probably won't be able to squeeze their large body through a gap that fits their head. For the average cat, though, this is indeed possible.

13 comments:

Lone Star Cats said...

MOL, too cute!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Nah! Keep it!

Purrs,
Tama and Genji

Pam and Teddy said...

Great photos!! I'd say KEEP THAT PACKAGE! As much as I order from Amazon I've never received a package that wasn't mine - something that I had ordered. Maybe that's a rarity these days???!!

Hugs, Pam

Eastside Cats said...

Seriously, Tonks in the envelope is just too adorable!
Why would Amazon send you stuff that you didn't order? That's weird!

The Island Cats said...

No, that package is a keeper!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Tonks you really look good in there only one thing, can we order one too

World of Animals, Inc said...

Tonks, you are too funny!! Just seeing the photo of her cute face peaking out made us smile so much. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos. Have a great rest of your day.
World of Animals at Bensalem

The Swiss Cats said...

That package is too cute for giving it back, you should keep it ! Purrs

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

No question...KEEP IT!!!

pilch92 said...

I would love to get that package- the one with the kitty, not the lingerie :)
I love the drawing. And I did not know that.

messymimi said...

If someone comes to try to claim it, tell them "I don't got no stinkin' package!" This one is a keeper.

meowmeowmans said...

Definitely a keeper! :)

AngelicClowder said...

Awww that package is definitely a keeper!! We love your pumpkin art too!