Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Woof Woof Wednesday

Pup Astrid's grandma makes her all sorts of ribbons for her collar. Right now, Astrid is sporting her autumn one.


Soon enough Astrid will be wearing a Halloween ribbon, and she hopes to show you all that one as well.

Happy Wednesday, friends!


***

Doodle of the Day

I mentioned recently that some of the autumn and Halloween doodles I've been working on are inspired by some of the stories I've been writing. This is one of those such doodles. I write what I know and I write what I love, and you can probably see in this doodle and others what types of things you might find in my stories. There's more than one aspect of autumn and Halloween in my strange stories. I also can't help but include books and libraries in my stories, as well as, of course, lots and lots of cats. There are also dogs, and at least one goat, but I digress. My tastes are varied and sometimes thoroughly weird and wacky, and that's probably how you could describe my writing style as well. I know that my stories, much like my art, will not be everyone's cup of tea. But they are my cup of tea, and so that's that.

I've mentioned my joy for writing and my current writing projects more than once over the past couple of years. I started my current writing projects back in 2018 with what I thought was just a simple short story. As I wrote it, though, my mind went wild and that short story turned into a book, and then more books, and now I find myself having fun writing an entire series. That means my initial, supposedly simple writing project has turned into one that is far more complex and is taking me years to work on. There's also the fact that I'm a huge planner in many aspects of my life, and so I have to plan and write as much as I can before I'm ever comfortable sharing it. I will also admit that I've learned it's not terribly quick or easy to write all the books I want to write while also working a full-time job and making sure that I don't neglect my furbabies, my family, and my other passions and hobbies. But, I'm doing my best, I'm definitely getting there, and I'm having fun along the way.

As one last comment before I stop rambling, the short story that started this all was a Halloween tale. What's more, that short story stemmed from a poem I wrote back in September of 2018 for the Thoroughly Poetic Thursday challenge. So, thanks for the inspiration, Angel Sammy!

Okay, I'll end this ramble now. Kudos to anyone who made it through all of that. Give yourself a pat on the back. You deserve it.


***
Tip of the Day

Our current series of tips is about disaster and emergency preparedness for both yourself and your furbaby. Today's tip on this topic is to contemplate and decide on a proper caregiver for your furbaby, should there be an emergency rendering you incapable of caring for them. Thinking on such unfortunate hypothetical situations is never something anyone looks forward to, but it is nonetheless something important to consider. You will want to ensure that someone you trust might be prepared to care for your kitty or pup in an emergency. It is of course important to discuss this with the person in question, and to ensure that they are truly able and willing to take on the care of your furbaby, should the need arise. In some cases, this might mean including in your will that this person would become your furbaby's caregiver. Overall, though not an ideal topic with which to occupy your mind, it is indeed significant to have a safe and secure plan for your furbaby's care should something render you incapable of caring for them. Think of family or friends whom you trust, whom your furbaby knows, and who have displayed an ability and willingness to take on the care of your kitty or pup.

6 comments:

The Island Cats said...

What a lovely autumnal collar, Astrid!

Eastside Cats said...

Astrid's collar ribbon is adorbs!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Astrid looks so festive and I LOVE the doodle!

pilch92 said...

Nice collar Astrid. I love the drawing! You are going to be the next JK Rowling.. I can't wait to read your books.

meowmeowmans said...

Astrid's grandma sure does love her. We love those collar ribbons. :)

messymimi said...

A wonderful collar ribbon, and doodle. Those stories are going to be excellent, you've worked on them so much.