I've been really slow at posting my new spring doodles this month, largely because I've been so excited to plan out and work on all of my April A to Z Challenge doodles. Even so, we do have some new doodles we'll be sprinkling in throughout the final days of March. One of those new spring doodles is this silly one here:
I think I've mentioned this before, but I used to really dislike gnomes. They really creeped me out. That may or may not have stemmed back to when I was a kid and read a certain gnome-centric book in R.L. Stine's children's horror series known as Goosebumps. These days, though, I'm sort of really fond of gnomes. They're weird, but also cute, and I quite enjoy that combo.
Happy Caturday, friends!
Today's National Pet Poison Awareness Month tip is one that relates to our previous tips on pesticides, but is also one upon which we failed to expand. The type of pesticide of which we speak today is none other than mothballs. Mothballs come in a variety of forms, and typically release gas vapors intended to repel or kill moths, or other pests. When it comes to our furbabies, mothballs can cause toxicity via inhalation, skin contact, or ingestion. Dogs are perhaps the most likely to ingest mothballs, but cats are more sensitive to their effects. Old-fashioned mothballs are the most dangerous, as they contain naphthalene. More modern mothballs are typically formulated to be less dangerous to kitties, pups, and ourselves, but they can still pose risks. Mothball poisoning can result in vomiting, lethargy, difficulty breathing, or even failure of organs such as the liver or kidneys.
Needless to say, it is likely best to avoid the use of mothballs altogether. There are alternatives to ridding your clothes or areas of the home of moths. Some of these methods may require more laborious cleaning and may indeed be more time-consuming than simply tossing in a mothball, but the health of your furbaby is well worth the effort.