Tonks wanted to be our selfie star today. After all, she usually gets to show off her adorable self on Tuesdays, but this past Tuesday Dr. Seuss was the star of our post. So, Tonks informed me that she would be sharing a selfie today, so that no one forgets just how cute she is.
Sunday, March 7, 2021
Wait. Tonks says she can look more awake than that. Let's see. How about this one?
There. That's better. And just look at those whiskers! Tonks is quite proud of them.
Happy Sunday, friends!
Flashback Doodle of the Day
For today's flashback doodle, we chose the one we shared exactly one year ago today.
Tip of the Day
Today's National Pet Poison Awareness Month tip is one we've touched on time and time again, but it is a pretty important one. As you all certainly know, never forget that some human founds can indeed be toxic to our kitties and pups. Chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, grapes, and raisins are just some of the foods that could lead to extremely dangerous or even fatal consequences if ingested. Also don't forget about the sweetener known as xylitol. This can often be found in sugar-free gums and candies, but also in various other foods, drinks, and even medicines, supplements, and toothpaste. This sneaky ingredient is indeed toxic, especially to dogs.
Though symptoms of toxicity can vary based on what human food your furbaby ate, and how much, signs can include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, difficulty walking, or any other number of concerning manifestations. If you know or think your furbaby might have eaten a toxic food, do not hesitate to seek veterinary assistance. Just as with any poison, removing the toxins from the body and treating the patient in a timely manner can be a matter of life or death. To prevent such emergencies, avoid feeding your furbaby any and all foods that you are not absolutely certain are safe.