Saturday, October 8, 2022

Caturday Art: Here Lies My Sanity

Before I give my rambling explanation for today's Caturday Art doodle, let me just throw it right here.

And now we'll move on to the rambling. Truth be told, this doodle was inspired by an image I saw online, which included a tombstone boasting much more vulgar language. As in, the image of which I speak had a tombstone that said something along the lines of, "Here lies my final f@$#." Another truth be told, I intentionally left the tombstones blank before scanning the doodle so that I could digitally make multiple versions of the final outcome. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't create one version with the same sentiment on the tombstone as the original artist did. It was one of those days and I just couldn't help myself.

The above version of this doodle is actually brought to you mostly by not a kitty, but a pup, and you all know her as Astrid. Her surgery to fix her torn CCL is on Tuesday. It's the 6-10 weeks of Astrid's crate rest thereafter that is really going to bring the above tombstone's sentiment to life. Pun unintentionally intended.

That said, I want to thank Ann of Zoolatry for creating this image for Astrid.

I appreciate this so much, just like I appreciate all of the kind words, thoughts, purrs, woofs, and prayers you wonderful friends of ours have been sending Astrid's way. I'm always nervous when any of my furbabies has to undergo surgery, as any furbaby parent would be, but knowing you're all in Astrid's corner helps alleviate some of that anxiety. Thank you all so much.

Happy Caturday, friends!


***
Tip of the Day

We've been discussing potential dangers and toxins associated with Halloween. Today, we're going to finish that topic with a couple of slightly random yet still relevant Halloween products with which to be cautious. We're referring to items such as glow sticks and fake blood. These items sometimes make appearances on holidays like Halloween, and they might very well contain ingredients that can potentially be toxic to kitties and pups. Glow sticks can especially be dangerous if they are bitten or otherwise punctured, and fake blood can also pose a risk if ingested. Be cautious, therefore, of using these items, as well as any other items that might be dangerous to your furbaby. If you do have any of these items at your home, keep them securely hidden away, so as to prevent any emergencies.

10 comments:

pilch92 said...

I love the drawing and what you wrote on it. :) I am praying all goes well for Astrid's surgery and recovery. Excellent tips. XO

Eastside Cats said...

Sometimes, we are worn down until our very last "*" is all that's left!
Purring for Astrid.

CCL Wendy said...

You did a great job on the Halloween graphic. I really like the sentiment on the tombstone no matter where it originated. And as for Astrid, may her surgery go smoothly and painlessly, and we hope she will tolerate the crate time well, with you there to remind her how much she is loved.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I totally understand the sentiment! Lots of purrs for a speedy, easy recovery :)

catladymac said...

Sending Astrid Power of the Paw and purrayers for healing and patience !

messymimi said...

I really, really like that doodle! Astrid is in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

meowmeowmans said...

That is a cute doodle. We have our paws together for Astrid's surgery (and sanity)!

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Lots of well wishes for Astrid. These things are so trying, and after so much crate rest I bet everyone needs relaxing and longing for things to be normal once more.
Delightful sketch, and isnt it just the truth of life and the ordeals we face.
ERin

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Great doodle. Healing purrs to Astrid x

The J-Cats said...

Good luck to Astrid. May her surgery go smoothly and may her recovery be swift.