Before I give my rambling explanation for today's Caturday Art doodle, let me just throw it right here.
And now we'll move on to the rambling. Truth be told, this doodle was inspired by an image I saw online, which included a tombstone boasting much more vulgar language. As in, the image of which I speak had a tombstone that said something along the lines of, "Here lies my final f@$#." Another truth be told, I intentionally left the tombstones blank before scanning the doodle so that I could digitally make multiple versions of the final outcome. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't create one version with the same sentiment on the tombstone as the original artist did. It was one of those days and I just couldn't help myself.
The above version of this doodle is actually brought to you mostly by not a kitty, but a pup, and you all know her as Astrid. Her surgery to fix her torn CCL is on Tuesday. It's the 6-10 weeks of Astrid's crate rest thereafter that is really going to bring the above tombstone's sentiment to life. Pun unintentionally intended.
That said, I want to thank Ann of Zoolatry for creating this image for Astrid.
I appreciate this so much, just like I appreciate all of the kind words, thoughts, purrs, woofs, and prayers you wonderful friends of ours have been sending Astrid's way. I'm always nervous when any of my furbabies has to undergo surgery, as any furbaby parent would be, but knowing you're all in Astrid's corner helps alleviate some of that anxiety. Thank you all so much.
Happy Caturday, friends!
We've been discussing potential dangers and toxins associated with Halloween. Today, we're going to finish that topic with a couple of slightly random yet still relevant Halloween products with which to be cautious. We're referring to items such as glow sticks and fake blood. These items sometimes make appearances on holidays like Halloween, and they might very well contain ingredients that can potentially be toxic to kitties and pups. Glow sticks can especially be dangerous if they are bitten or otherwise punctured, and fake blood can also pose a risk if ingested. Be cautious, therefore, of using these items, as well as any other items that might be dangerous to your furbaby. If you do have any of these items at your home, keep them securely hidden away, so as to prevent any emergencies.