Friday, October 21, 2022

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello, friends! Are you ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge? We are, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. Every October, I _________.

2. If I were going to a costume party, I would go as _________.

3. _________ is my favorite scary story.

4. I would _________ if there were a zombie apocalypse.


My answers are below in bold.

1. Every October, I feel like time flies.
(It always feels like summer trudges along at a snail's pace as I wait for my favorite months of the year, October being at the top of that list. Then, once October does roll around, it feels like it passes by in a flash. That pretty much goes for the entire last quarter of the year, actually.)

2. If I were going to a costume party, I would go as a cat.
(Cliché? Yes? Well, that won't change my answer. I don't do parties, but when I hand out candy on Halloween, I dress up in a giant black cat onesie I have, complete with ears, whiskers, and a tail. You can't go wrong with a cat.)

3. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow is my favorite scary story.
(This is one of those questions for which I might have a different answer depending on the day you ask me. Though I've read the book The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and actually enjoy it, the book itself is not really what I'm claiming to be my favorite. What I like is the overall ambience of the story, or the atmosphere. I've always been drawn to dark, macabre concepts, and the imagery of the Headless Horseman is one of my favorites.)

4. I would live an introvert's dream life if there were a zombie apocalypse.
(Zombie apocalypse, you say? I'll just stay in my house with my furbabies, thank you very much. That's what I prefer doing on any given day anyway. Obviously there would be a lot more to it than that, but my family and I often joke that a zombie apocalypse might be what it takes to really enjoy some true isolation away from society. That is, until the walking dead show up at your door looking for their next meal.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for your Eddy fix? Just like the other kitties and even the pup this week, Eddy was a tad bit haunted during this photo shoot.


First of all, can I just comment on how gorgeous Eddy's eyes are? Well, at least the one eye you can see there. I'm totally not biased or anything. Her eyes are just the most beautiful aquamarine, and that photo does them no justice at all.

Oh, and Eddy heard that her nemesis, that is calico Tonks, gave the ghostly invader a little kiss this week. Not to be outdone, Eddy did so as well.


Have a fantastic Friday, friends!



***
Festive Flashback Doodles of the Day

Since I mentioned The Legend of Sleep Hollow and its Headless Horseman in my fill-ins today, how about this flashback doodle?


Actually, why not this one as well?




***
Tip of the Day

Today's Halloween tip is one we're sure you all know, and it's to practice proper door safety. We mention this regularly. This is of course most relevant if you are handing out candy on Halloween night, or if you are hosting a Halloween party with a number of arriving guests. Knocks on the door, the doorbell, children or adults in strange costumes, and all of the hustle and bustle of Halloween can scare some furbabies. On the other hand, some cats or dogs might enjoy guests, and so they might be attracted to the door on Halloween. Either way, if you have increased traffic at the door on Halloween, there is always the chance that your kitty or pup could escape if proper precautions are not taken. This is why it is important to practice proper door safety, so that you can avoid escapes.

There are of course a number of options for keeping a cat or dog from escaping out a busy door on Halloween. First, you can set up a safe room for your cat or dog and keep them in there during the Halloween festivities, so that they have no ability to escape from the house when people show up at the front door. Depending on how your house is set up and how determined your kitty or pup is to reach the door, you can also put up baby gates or pet gates to keep a cat or dog in an area of the house away from the door. If your furbaby is leash trained, and as long as the leash is securely held, your kitty or pup can also be kept safe in the house by attaching them to their leash, with of course someone or something holding said leash. You best know your furbaby as well as the setup of your home, so use whatever method is the safest, most surefire way of keeping your kitty or pup from escaping out a busy door on nights like Halloween.

6 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Eddy, that ghostie haunts everybody!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Such sweet photos, Eddy! Your #4 made me LOL and I completely agree!

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all of your answers. Sleepy Hollow is a good story and I enjoyed the tv show that was on a few years ago. I agree that October flies by and summer goes so slowly. Cute shots of Eddy with her pet ghost. Great drawing and excellent tips too. XO

meowmeowmans said...

That sure was nice of you to give that haunty little ghostie a smooch, Eddy!

messymimi said...

If you had your own isolated island and grew your own food, you and your animal family could enjoy an apocalypse nicely, i think.

Eddy, i'm convinced the ghost just wants friends, i'm glad you are being nice.

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Supurr fill-ins and Sleepy Hollow is a fabulous scary read! Love your artwork today, and Eddy looks adorable with the ghost! LOL