Friday, October 14, 2022

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello, friends! It's time for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. _________ keeps me on my toes.

2. I know it's going to be a bad day when _________.

3. To me, _________ is one of the scariest things in the world.

4. Believe it or not, _________ doesn't scare me.


My answers are below in bold.

1. Astrid keeps me on my toes.
(Pup Astrid is starting to feel a bit more like herself following her surgery on Tuesday. That's a great thing, except for the fact that she's now really protesting the fact that we're having to very heavily limit her activity while her repaired knee heals. She is often quite vocal about her displeasure.)

2. I know it's going to be a bad day when I step in cat puke the second I get out of bed.
(I'm thinking a lot of you know what this is like.)

3. To me, Alzheimer's disease is one of the scariest things in the world.
(I considered a couple of different answers to this, but I went for this one because it's been something that has scared me since I was a child. The thought of losing one's mental capacity is a terrifying concept.)

4. Believe it or not, watching horror movies doesn't scare me.
(I guess I just don't scare easily, because I watch any and all horror movies quite often, and I can't think of the last time I've actually been scared during one. My sister can't believe that I'll watch horror movies at night, in the dark, all alone, and not be creeped out.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for your Eddy fix? Be prepared for very Eddy-like bloopers, as this girl was not interested in the Halloween photo shoot I was trying to set up.



The two books in the last photo have been mentioned at Halloweentime multiple times on our blog in the past. Can you tell what they are, are can you remember us mentioning them before?

Happy Friday, friends!



***
Festive Flashback Doodle of the Day



***

Tip of the Day

Today's tip is about none other than costumes. As you might see upon visiting a pet store this time of year, Halloween costumes are sometimes just as popular for kitties and pups as they are for children of the human sort. That being said, though, it is best to only put and keep a costume on a furbaby who tolerates and enjoys it. Some cats and dogs simply do not like wearing costumes or other clothing items, and those such furbabies should not be forced to wear a costume for Halloween, or any time of the year. If you do try a costume on your kitty or pup, watch for signs of stress, such as attempts to remove the costume, or other restlessness. If you do notice any signs that your furbaby is not enjoying a costume you've chosen for them, remove it and simply let them don their birthday suit this Halloween.

7 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

The funny thing is, that The Hubby is usually the first person downstairs in the morning, but he always avoids stepping in the puddles.
I find them every time!

messymimi said...

You may have my share of the horror movies.

It's not a good way to start the day stepping in something one of the animals have left behind, no matter from which end.

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers except I am sorry Astrid is so frustrated. I have stepped in cat vomit a lot of times. Nice drawing and Eddy has some nice tocks. I can't see the titles on the books. Great tips. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Adorable photos, and I love the basket with the candle inside! I get scared by horror movies, but in an enjoyable way :)

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Supurr fill-ins this week, and yes to #4, that is terrifying! Happy Weekend and thanks for hosting!

meowmeowmans said...

We always love seeing Eddy, and your doodle is great! We are glad Astrid is feeling better -- even though that also means she's protesting more.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

1.The Mews keep me on my toes.

2. We know it's going to be a bad day when it is raining. No outside time.

3. To us, an empty food bowl is one of the scariest things in the world.

4. Believe it or not, TV doesn't scare us.