Friday, October 28, 2022

Friendly Fill-Ins and Photo Fails

Hello, friends! It's time for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My wonderful co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. _________ keeps me up at night.

2. If I could improve one of my senses, it would be _________.

3. If I were home alone and heard footsteps in the house, I would _________.

4. I would want the epitaph on my tombstone to say _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. Thimble keeps me up at night.
(My little tabby named Thimble doesn't understand what bedtime means. Rather than taking it as a chance to cozy up, cuddle, and fall asleep, she thinks a human lying in bed means said humans is looking to be stomped all over, most especially in the throat. Thimble's also a fan of poking her snoozing human in the face, mostly aiming for the eyes and mouth. That said, I love Thimble to pieces and wouldn't change a thing about her. I'll sleep when I'm dead.)

2. If I could improve one of my senses, it would be my sixth sense.
(I'm not all that unhappy with any of my regular five senses, but I am less than impressed with my sixth sense. It needs to work a little harder, because it has yet to give me the proper foresight to win the lottery. Do better, sixth sense. At least it hasn't forced on me any gory ghosts, like the poor kid in the movie by the same name.)

3. If I were home alone and heard footsteps in the house, I would assume it was cat.
(My family and I often joke that, with a ton of cats running around the house, we'd never even know if an intruder came in. I am so used to hearing weird sounds in my house every hour of the day because of the 6 resident cats, that I don't know if I'd even believe it if I heard misplaced human footsteps. I've thought I've heard concerning things in the past, and it's always just been a cat doing whatever random activity they thought would be fun at the time. It's nothing to boast about, but at this point, I barely even bat an eye when I hear weird sounds in my house.)

4. I would want the epitaph on my tombstone to say, "She came. She saw. She was conquered by a ton of cats."
(Or something like that. It's not like it's a lie.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

And now it's time for the Pet Photo Fails Blog Hop, hosted by none other than Melissa and Mudpie of Melissa's Mochas, Mysteries, & Meows.


Our resident blooper queen Eddy of course has some outtakes to share. And you better believe that this week they co-star a certain ghostly someone. To kick it off, Eddy decided to turn away and effectively chop her head off in this first one.


Then, she went for a classic blurry face.


Can you see someone else in the background of that one? Here, this next one is in part a blooper because of Thimble's scowling photobomb in the background.


Eddy's not sure she likes sharing the spotlight with that pesky ghost or her sister Thimble, but even so, she hopes you enjoyed her outtakes!

Happy Friday, friends!



***
Halloween Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

We mentioned yesterday considering getting your kitty or pup a festive new toy as a Halloween treat and distraction, of course as long as said toy is safe for your furbaby to use. Similarly, you can typically find your furbaby some Halloween treats of the edible kind. Some companies come out with specialty holiday treats, for example. In addition, many pet stores will sell cookies, at least those for pups, and oftentimes such cookies will include those designed and decorated for certain holidays, including Halloween.

You don't just have to go for store-bought goodies in order to give your kitty or pup something festive and tasty on days like Halloween, though. There are a great many treat recipes available online, including those festively made with pumpkin or those simply cut into festive shapes. I've even seen people go for simple yet effective holiday treats that merely include cutting a wedge of paté canned food into a festive shape, such as a pumpkin.

Many of the options for festive treats are aimed toward aesthetics that humans rather than furbabies will appreciate, but as long as the ingredients are safe, your kitty or pup can enjoy a tasty Halloween treat just as well. So, check labels or recipe ingredients to ensure any treats you select are safe for your individual furbaby, and then let them chow down on a festive Halloween treat on Halloween night. Of course, if your furbaby has any ailments or you have any concerns about feeding your kitty or pup certain treats, do consult your veterinarian.

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

Your Thimble sounds like my Oreo. She wants to play every hour on the hour during the night. She likes to stomp on me and eat my hair if I don't pay attention. LOL Yes, I love her with all my heart :)

I wish I thought of that answer for #3. That's exactly what I would think.

Have a great weekend!

Eastside Cats said...

The last pic is golden!

catladymac said...

We think Thimble looking judgy at Eddy makes the picture a good one, not a blooper ! (We know Eddy soesn't care!)

pilch92 said...

I love your answers. Thimble sounds like Simon's Cat. :) I wish I had a 6th sense too, but not to the degree of the boy in the film. Cute bloopers from Eddy and the drawing is great with so many Halloween details. Nice tips too. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Love the bloopers and art, and your fill ins always make me smile. Mudpie cuddles up and sleeps in bed, but she also likes to climb all over me. Some spots HURT! MOL

messymimi said...

There are worse things than being conquered by cats.

Thanks for showing Eddy, however she chooses to appear.

Cathy Keisha said...

Great fails! I've awakened TW by biting her nose and her eye on separate occasions. She's taking to wearing a sleep mask over her eyes at night. No fair.