Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Cozy Tonks Tuesday

Hello, friends! Sorry for yet another late post! Today and tomorrow my work place has a major audit going on. We've been preparing for it for weeks, probably more like months, with lots of extra hours put in. I even ended up working during my intended week off last week. I'll be beyond glad when the next two days are over, as life both at work and outside of work can then get back to some semblance of normal.

That said, here's a Tonks for you on this Tonks Tuesday.


Tonks is all bundled up because it's gotten good and cold these past few days. It's even snowing today. Our furnace is running, but that doesn't mean we're not going to cuddle up with some cozy blankets.

Warm wishes to all!



***

Flashback Doodle of the Day

With the craziness of the audit we're having at work, I haven't managed to put the final touches on any of the many works in progress I have going on in my sketchbook. I'll finally be able to focus on that more in the next couple of days. For now, though, here's an autumnal bookish doodle, since a couple of our upcoming new doodles will be in this same vein.


I'm not going to lie, as much as I love autumn and all it brings with it, I've been itching to start drawing and sharing some Christmas doodles. I'll of course first finish at least a couple of my autumnal works in progress and share those over the next week or so, but Christmas doodles are coming very, very soon. I've already started working on the festive doodle for our Christmas card for this year, but that won't be shared here on our blog until Christmas Day. I am determined to actually get back into a routine of sharing new doodles far more regularly this Christmas season.



***
Tip of the Day

It's still Pet Diabetes Awareness Month, and so we have another tip today for those who might know a diabetic kitty or pup. We recently mentioned the importance of diet for a diabetic furbaby, and today we're mentioning how exercise is also significant for keeping diabetes regulated. Just as with humans, a proper activity level can help to keep diabetes under control, this especially being the case for a diabetic kitty or pup who is overweight and in need of losing weight. That being said, though, exercise and activity level also can affect blood glucose levels. For this reason, talk to your veterinarian regarding a healthy level of exercise for your diabetic furbaby, and how to best monitor their activity level, weight, and diabetic status.

5 comments:

Catscue said...

Tonks, you look super cozy - stay warm everyone!

pilch92 said...

Tonks is a cutie. We may get some snow tonight. Cute drawing and excellent tips. I never thought about activity level affecting glucose levels. XO

Eastside Cats said...

Tonks, so that was why Sweetie draped her tailio across my face...to keep my nose warm?
Hahahaha!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

We're getting our first snow tomorrow! Cuddling has already commenced.

messymimi said...

Warm wishes to all, stay cuddled up tight!