Monday, November 7, 2022

Mancat Monday: Halloween's Last Hurrah

Yet again, my weekend hiatus was not intentional, nor was this post going up late. Without giving away any confidential information, my work place has a major audit coming up next week. What's more, before that was even scheduled, I'd requested this week off. I still get this week off from work, at least mostly, but because I'm not going to be at work the week leading up to the audit, I have been jam-packing as much into my work days as possible. I've also been working late, and I even worked a bit this weekend. I have a tad bit I have to do from home for work today as well, but after that, I'm off this entire week. And I plan on using that time not only for some chores around the house and yard, but also to do lots of art, blogging, and other hobbies.

All that rambling aside, I'm here today with a couple of final Halloween things. I know, it's a week into November. But, I failed to post these over the weekend. Also, I saw somewhere that apparently today is the astrological day of Samhain for 2022. Or something like that. I admittedly don't really understand that, but I saw it mentioned someplace online and thought, great, now I can share a couple of last Halloween things and claim it as part of Samhain.

First up, since it's Mancat Monday, how about Evan photobombing one of pup Astrid's Halloween photo shoots?


I was trying to get a shot of Astrid with that Frankendog I found at Menards, but Evan decided he should be the focus of the photo. That, or he was just making friends with the pumpkin.


After Evan got bored and scurried off, I got the shots I intended for pup Astrid.


I found this piece of Halloween decor just days after Astrid's surgery to repair her torn ACL. Given that the surgery required her tibia be broken for the placement of a metal plate, and given that it left behind a rather large incision, this pup seemed quite fitting. Astrid was not amused.


And now one final Halloween bit to share is this here doodle, which I obviously meant to finish and share far earlier in the season but simply failed to do so.


I've still been watching Halloween movies here and there, so I guess that's fitting enough. Well, at least for me it is.

I believe that is the last of our Halloween fun for this year. I'm pretty sure. I can't remember if a rogue cat-o'-lantern has infiltrated any upcoming doodles or not, or if any lingering Halloween decor will be seen in any upcoming photos of the furbabies, but at least it won't be in your face anymore. Unfortunately. Soon enough, though, it will be like Christmas threw up all over this blog.

Happy Monday, friends!



***
Tip of the Day

In case you missed it, we're doing a series of pet cancer prevention tips during this Pet Cancer Awareness Month. Today's tip is one we've mentioned on more occasion than one, and is one that many of you have probably heard. This tip is to always keep in mind that it is indeed possible for cats and dogs to get skin cancer, especially on vulnerable parts of the body, such as the ears and nose. For this reason, monitor the amount of time they spend outdoors in the sun, but also the amount of time they spend sunbathing in windows or doors. If your furbaby does spend a lot of time in the sun, perhaps look into pet-friendly sunscreen, and discuss safe options with your veterinarian as needed. There are also windows or window films that block out UV light, which is another option for keeping our furbabies and their skin safe during their sunbathing sessions. The sun can indeed be fun, but it can also be dangerous, so do keep a close eye on those furry sunbathers.

4 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

An orange kitty wearing a pumpkin sweater; love it!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

That cute statue is purrfect for you, Astrid!

pilch92 said...

Cute photos, that is a great statue. I like your drawing and your tips are always excellent too. XO

messymimi said...

It's all in good fun, so it's all good.