Friday, November 4, 2022

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello, friends! I'm so sorry I'm so late, especially on the day of the Friendly Fill-Ins! It's been absolute chaos at my full-time job this past week, and I apparently forgot to schedule today's post at any point yesterday, and you get the idea. There's a small light at the end of this chaotic tunnel, though, which I'll further mention this weekend.

All that said, let's finally move on to the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, shall we? My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. My list of things to do in November includes _________ and _________.

2. A _________ is _________.

3. I never would have guessed that _________.

4. _________ is an unpopular opinion that I have.


My answers are below in bold.

1. My list of things to do in November includes finishing Christmas shopping and writing.
(My November to-do list is long enough that there's admittedly no way I'll finish it all, but these two are high priorities. My Christmas shopping is actually almost done, so this one will be easy to cross off the list. As for writing, I still have story projects I'm scribbling up, which I've been mentioning for years now, and this month I'm making them a priority. I even have a doodle or two coming up that will further explain this, at least a bit.)

2. A black cat is a lucky cat.
(I couldn't think of what to put here, and this popped into my head. And so there it is.)

3. I never would have guessed that prices would be what they are now.
(I'm referring to groceries, gas, car parts, you name it. I'm sure you are all well aware of what I mean. I know inflation is a thing, but the current state of the economy is beyond what I expected to happen, or at least I didn't expect it to happen so suddenly. Visits to the vet and car shop have increased immensely, in no small part because the supplies the workers need to do their job has skyrocketed. I had to get a new battery for my car the other day, and the cost of just the battery itself was double if not triple what it was just a couple of years ago. And I'm not even going to talk about the cost of a trip to the grocery store.) 

4. The unsavory nature of bacon is an unpopular opinion that I have.
(I've never been a fan of bacon, neither its taste nor how greasy it is. Just the smell of it nauseates me. I didn't think this was that unusual until I expressed this once and was told, "You don't like bacon? That's wrong and un-American." So, I guess not liking bacon is an unpopular opinion?)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for your Eddy fix? Today, since I'm still in the Halloween mood and still going through some of my Halloween reads, we're going back to the beginning of the season when I asked Eddy which spooky book I should start with.


She chose Ray Bradbury's The Halloween Tree.



Good choice, Eddy!

Happy Friday, friends!



***
Yet Another Halloween Doodle of the Day

In honor of Eddy's book choice above, here's another lingering Halloween doodle starring a girl and her kittens reading, well, The Halloween Tree.





***

Tip of the Day

Yesterday, we mentioned diet and its potential effect on a kitty or pup's immune system and risk of diseases such as cancer. Along this same line of thought,  keep in mind that obesity also puts kitties and pups at risk of a variety of diseases, potentially including certain forms of cancer. Over the past few decades, scientists have been discovering links between fat cells and cancer in humans, and now also our furry friends. For this reason, not only be aware of what types of food your furbaby consumes, but also how much. An active lifestyle is also of course important for warding off obesity and to help fight certain diseases. Also, as we always say, never hesitate to discuss with a veterinarian your furbaby's health, including their diet, weight, and risk of cancer.

9 comments:

Marvelous Marv said...

Your fill-ins made us laugh - especially #4 (our Mom is not a fan of bacon either) Purrs Marv

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

1. My list of things to do in November includes landscaping and pruning and a few small in-house home-improvement projects .

2. A sleeping cat is a joy to watch.

3. I never would have guessed that home-grown carrots could taste so sweet.

4. Not liking dogs very much is an unpopular opinion that I have.

~ Mark

messymimi said...

Black cats are lucky and Eddy is beautiful.

Meezan said...

I like the smell of it, but I've never eaten bacon. :-)

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Enjoy those great books, Eddy! I must admit that I do like bacon. Hey, that's one thing we differ on! As for inflation, hopefully this next Tuesday we can finally make some much-needed changes.

pilch92 said...

Great answers, I had the same for #3. I love your #2 answer. I like bacon, but I don't like any other part of the pig. :) Eddy is a cutie. Nice drawing and great tips too. XO

meowmeowmans said...

We loved those photo of Eddy an the books. And your doodle is super cute!

Cathy Keisha said...

Looks like Eddy didn't pick either of them. She picked the window. I'm a cat and I don't like bacon. Talk about an unpopular opinion.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Mum has always hated the stench of bacon. She has never eaten any, even wen she used to eat meat. And I think it's pretty stinky too!