Thursday, December 1, 2022

A Merry and Bright Thankful Thimble Thursday

Hello and happy December, friends! On this first day of the most merry and bright month of the year, it's also of course Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop.


As always, Thimble is here to share her gratitude. Can you guess what she's thankful for today?


Thimble is always happy and grateful for the festive season. She loves helping put up the Christmas trees, as she helped me do the day after Thanksgiving. Thimble loves that all of the bright and shiny things come out, because they of course just accentuate her natural beauty.



Thimble could have done without sibling interference, though.



Thimble hopes you all have a merry December!



***

And of course we have for you the fill-in statements for tomorrow's Friendly Fill-Ins challenge. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. I don't like _________ in my _________.

2. My to-do list for December includes _________, _________, and _________.

3. I still need to _________ before _________.

4. To me, _________ is the most important part of the holiday season.




We'll see you tomorrow, friends!



***
Festive Flashback Doodle of the Day

In honor of it being the first day of the festive month, and in honor of Thimble's above Christmas light glamour shots, we have for you a flashback doodle I scribbled up in honor of my most favorite Christmas movie, that being National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.




***
Tip of the Day

We seem to be repeating old tips these days. 'Tis the season, it would seem. That being said, over the next few days, we'll be repeating some Christmas safety tips that we gave last year. Actually, I believe we've repeated these festive tips for a couple years now. It's an important topic this time of year, though, so we'll keep going with it.

How about we start with that good ol' Christmas tree? To begin, if you put up a Christmas tree, make sure it is securely in place. This is especially important if you have a kitty or pup who enjoys climbing or otherwise giving the tree lots of attention. You can try putting the tree in a corner of a room, if that helps to keep it safe and upright against furbabies. Moreover, to be extra safe, you can find a way to anchor the tree to the floor, wall, or even a heavy, sturdy piece of furniture. There is also the option of weighing down the base of the tree, such as with weighted bags, as long as they are of a safe and secure sort. Another option, especially if your furbaby is overzealous in their love for the Christmas tree, is to block their access to it altogether, whether that be with baby gates, closed doors, or another means. Whatever it takes, if you put up a Christmas tree in a home with a tree-loving furbaby, do be sure to try and find a way to prevent a fallen tree and potential injuries.

5 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Love the reflection of the twinkle lights in Thimble's eyes!

messymimi said...

Thimble, i'm glad you are showing off the beauty of the decorations there.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You look gorgeous, Thimble!

pilch92 said...

Great shots of Thimble. I like the drawing and your tips are great. I think we will be securing the tree. :)

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Lori: I've never seen a holiday tree before (I think) but this year I will. TBT pulled out a box with one. He says I cant play with the decorations, but of course, I will. I grab at all kinds of stuff. TBT can barely put on his socks with some struggle. MOL!