Friday, December 9, 2022

Festive Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello and happy Friday, friends! It's time for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us! My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I have a tough time choosing a gift for _________.

2. I can't wait to see _________ open the _________ from me.

3. I'm dreaming of a _________ Christmas.

4. If my holiday season were a book or movie, it would be titled _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I have a tough time choosing a gift for my dad.
(My dad is one of the main reasons why, in our family, we each create a little wish list leading up to Christmas. Since my dad's tastes and hobbies are very picky and particular, just like him, without that list, I would have no idea what gifts he'd most like, or what he hadn't already bought for himself throughout the year.)

2. I can't wait to see my sister open the Harry Potter gift box from me.
(Silly answer, but it is what it is. My sister and I grew up when the Harry Potter books were coming out, and we enjoyed reading them and watching the movies throughout our childhood. Now adults, we're both admittedly still nostalgic fans of the series, and pretty much every year, one of my Christmas gifts to my sister is a box I fill with wacky little Harry Potter items that I usually find on Etsy. I always have a lot of fun with this, and I think my sister does as well.)

3. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.
(Talk about cliché, huh? I live in the Midwest, though, where you could very well be snowed in on Christmas. Or it could instead be hot and humid and approaching 80°F. It could go either way, but for the sake of feeling festive, I prefer even a slightly white Christmas. Honestly, Mother Nature, I'd take a few flurries. I'm not that hard to please. It's really just not festive to walk my dog in our matching Christmas sweaters on Christmas morning but end up pouring sweat and having to walk home in my tank top. True story.)

4. If my holiday season were a book or movie, it would be titled All the Creatures Were Stirring.
(I'm pretty sure there already is a movie with this title, but mine would be way better because it would star a hyperactive dog and lots and lots of cats who seem allergic to sleep. And a highly abused Christmas tree or two.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Every Christmas season, I always enjoy sharing some of my favorite past festive photos of Eddy. They're some of my all-time favorites, and here they are.




That ornament was one of Eddy's many tree-climbing casualties. Eddy is indeed the reason why it's been 7 years since ornaments have been hung on our Christmas trees. This girl was my first ever kitty to climb a Christmas tree, and I truly love her for it.

Have a festive Friday, friends!



***
Festive Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

In a previous tip, we mentioned being cautious with ribbon usage on gifts this time of year, due to the potential hazards they pose. Along this same line of thought, also be careful with gift wrapping tools. For example, scissors and tape can also pose risks. Scissors can obviously cause injury if left open and unattended, and tape can potentially cause blockages if consumed. This time of year many of us are focused on the fun and festivities, but also be sure that you take into account all surroundings and how they might affect the furbabies in your life.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins. What great pictures of Eddy! Look at those beautiful eyes. Hope you have a great weekend!

Eastside Cats said...

Aww, Eddy is so cute!
Recently, my mother made it quite clear that she no longer wants to receive gifts for any reason, so my shopping list is now zero.

messymimi said...

Love. Eddy, love the idea of a wish list! My family wouldn't cooperate with that, they'd just keep saying, "You don't have to get us anything" and then be disappointed if we took them at their word.

pilch92 said...

Great answers. I love the Harry Potter idea for your sister. Have you seen the Harry Potter wand that works with ALexa? I was tempted to get my niece one as she was into Harry Potter growing up and plans to reread the books when her kids get a little older. Nice shots of Eddy. Have a nice weekend. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Love those photos of Eddy! I think a lot of dads are hard to buy for. Hoping for white here too!