Friday, December 16, 2022

Festive Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. This time of year, _________ puts me in a Grinch like mood.

2. My favorite kind of Christmas cookie is _________.

3. _________ is my least favorite thing on my holiday to-do list.

4. Others might be surprised to know that I _________ for Christmas.


My answers are below in bold.

1. This time of year, work puts me in a Grinch like mood.
(I don't want to complain to you all about this, so I'll just leave it at that.)

2. My favorite kind of Christmas cookie is peanut butter Rudolph cookies.
(These are simply peanut butter cookies with broken pretzel pieces as antlers, chocolate chips as eyes, and a red M&M as the nose. Sometimes I can't find or don't have M&Ms and so I just use a chocolate chip as the nose as well, and then it's just one of Santa's other reindeer. It helps that I love peanut butter, but also that I've found a way to make these gluten free and dairy free, since I can no longer eat either of those. I'll add that one of my favorite cookies to create are Nutter Butters decorated to look like Santa, but I have yet to find a way to make these gluten free and dairy free, so I myself don't eat them.)

3. Traveling is my least favorite thing on my holiday to-do list.
(I appreciate getting to see extended family during the holiday season, but as a homebody who dislikes traveling, I don't appreciate that getting to most of my extended family requires being in the car for hours on some weekends. This is why I'm glad we always visit extended family around the holidays, but not on Christmas itself. Christmas Day is for staying home with my furbabies and visiting with my close-by parents and sister.)

4. Others might be surprised to know that I dress up as a pink bunny for Christmas.
(Have you seen A Christmas Story? Do you remember how Ralphie's aunt sent him that godawful pink bunny costume for Christmas? Well, a few years ago my sister got me a giant onesie much like Ralphie's. She got it more or less as a joke, but it's now become a tradition for me to wear that pink bunny outfit for part of Christmas. 'Tis the season, after all.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

It's time for your Eddy fix! Though it's not even the official day of bloopers, Eddy wanted to be a tad bit blurry in these photos. But that's for a good reason, and that's because this mom of hers has been keeping Eddy's beloved Christmas tree festive with Eddy-proof decor. Can you see the tree there in the background?



Eddy loves her tree, and the more festive it is, the more she loves climbing it. She'll be giving you a better view of next week for a true Christmas reveal.

Wishing you all a festive day!



***
Festive Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

Yesterday, we mentioned how to prepare your furbaby if you are leaving them to travel for the holidays. Today, we are starting a short series of tips on what to do if you are traveling with your furbaby. First and foremost, if you plan to take your furbaby with you on a trip this Christmas, or any time of the year, talk to your veterinarian. Discuss with them your furbaby's health and whether traveling is safe for them. Some furbabies, such as those who are geriatric or who are suffering from an illness, might not be good candidates for traveling, especially long distance. If you are in need of traveling with such a furbaby, though, have a detailed discussion with your veterinarian on what you must do to take all precautions to keep your furbaby as healthy and happy as possible during travels. In some cases, even for young and healthy kitties or pups, some form of sedation might be in their best interest for traveling. This is another detail that you must discuss with your veterinarian. It is always our furbaby's best interest that we must have in mind, so ask your veterinarian any and all questions you have regarding keeping your furbaby happy and healthy during travels.

10 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Aww, Eddy...so cute!
Did you know that the house that they filmed part of "A Christmas Story" in, near Cleveland, OH is up for sale?

Mickey's Musings said...

Good answers to the fill-ins. Mum does not like to travel on Christmas either .Neither do I!!!
I like your cat tree. It has a nice view :)
You look good on it too :)
Purrs, Julie

Sandee said...

Love your fill-ins. When I was working I worked most holidays. I'm glad I don't have to do that anymore.

Eddy is most adorable.

Thank you for co-hosting the Friendly Fill-ins.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

Yvonne said...

Traveling during any holiday is horrible. Working during the holiday really can turn you into a Grinch. That's how I felt when I was still working.

Love the Eddy pics. Such a cutie.

Have a great weekend!

pilch92 said...

I love your answers, especially #4. I need to make the reindeer cookies sometime. Great drawing and excellent tips. And Eddy is adorable. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Love your adorable face, Eddy! Reindeer cookies sound yummy.

catladymac said...

Wow ! Full-body pics of Eddy ! That's a bit of a Christmas Miracle !

messymimi said...

Eddy is beautiful, and i am a bit grinchy about some work stuff myself, so i get it.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Great answers and lovely pic of Eddy!

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Mew look adorable Eddy! Here are the P.A.'s Fill-ins:

1. This time of year, trying to find a parking spot when out shopping puts me in a Grinch like mood.

2. My favorite kind of Christmas cookie is all of them! LOL

3. Wrapping pressies is my least favorite thing on my holiday to-do list.

4. Others might be surprised to know that I always burn a lovely homemade incense for Christmas.