Saturday, December 24, 2022

Merry Christmas Eve!

Hello and Merry Christmas Eve to all!


As you can see, Thimble is eagerly awaiting and watching for Santa Paws. Eddy has also been watching out the window and watching for Santa's sleigh.


Evan is taking a more relaxed approach and is waiting for the jolly old fellow from his cozy bed beneath the Christmas tree.


Then there's Tonks, who is trying so hard to behave and stay on Santa's nice list.


Sometimes it's just not easy to be good all the time, though, and that's when things like Christmas tree ribbon destruction occurs.



As for pup Astrid, on her festive walks she's been on the lookout for the perfect Christmas tree.




Close inspections are often performed.


Astrid's favorite trees are bestowed with a gift from her bladder, which occurred to that tree there just before that last photo was snapped. How kind of Astrid, huh?

All of the above photos having been shared, I'll now admit that I jinxed myself in yesterday's post when I said that I got my laptop running a bit better. That didn't last long. I've been fighting with it in between cookie and pie baking and all that festive goodness. During those fights I managed to get all of the above photos into this post, but I have yet to succeed at getting my computer to link up with my scanner so that I can share my new Christmas doodles. I'll be figuring something out so that the Twelve Days of Christmas, which start tomorrow on Christmas itself, will be full of those new doodles, and other festive fun as well.

All that said, it is Christmas Eve as well as the day of Caturday Art, and I am luckily able to access my blog archive so that I can share one of my favorite festive flashback doodles from last year. Given the fights I've been having with my dying laptop and other technology, I thought this one was apt enough.


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!




***

Tip of the Day

We recently mentioned some ways to make Christmas special for both your own furbabies and those in shelters. Today, we want to remind you to remember those furbabies who are outdoors and in your neighborhood. Do you have stray or feral cats in your area? If so, for Christmas, or any day possible, try to give them any extra help you can. During this holiday season, or all year round, try to give strays and ferals extra food, treats, or even a toy. If possible, also try to offer them shelter in some way, even if it's something makeshift. This is something that can greatly benefit them during a cold and snowy winter. We'll soon be sharing some repeat yet also significant tips on offering assistance to outdoor strays and ferals, but for now we'll offer this simple reminder to remember outdoor furbabies during this holiday season.

Since we're talking about outdoor animals, perhaps also don't forget the squirrels and birds. For Christmas, you could throw some extra food out for wildlife, to allow them an extra festive day as well. Some places even make or sell especially festive suet cakes and other goodies for outdoor critters this time of year.

So, this Christmas season, don't forget to think outside of your own home and family. Of course Christmas is a time for family, but it's also a time to remember how lucky we are, and how others may not be so lucky. So, spread the love this Christmas season.

8 comments:

Gidget Blue Sky said...

Merry Christmas!!

Zoolatry said...

Such fun photos ... all curious and anxious for Santa to arrive! We especially loved
Astrid examining the tree.

Merry Christmas to you, your family and all the "critters"!

meowmeowmans said...

Keep watching! We bet Santa will come soon! :)

The Swiss Cats said...

Merry Christmas to you all ! Purrs

pilch92 said...

Nice to see you all. I am sure Santa will be good to all of you. Cute drawing and great tips. Have a Merry Christmas Eve and Day. XO

Lone Star Cats said...

Meowy Catmas!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I hope Santa is extra good to all of you, and I love that doodle!

messymimi said...

Your critters know how to celebrate.

A blessed and beautiful Merry Christmas to you!