Friday, May 26, 2023

Friendly Fill-Ins and Photo Fails

Hello, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. This weekend, I plan to _________.

2. _________ never disappoints.

3. I once saw _________.

4.You'll never hear me say _________.


My answers are below in bold. This week I even managed to keep my rambling to a minimum. You probably shouldn't get used to that, though.

1. This weekend, I plan to work first and play just a tad bit later.
(By work I mean mowing and doing a couple other bits of yard work on Saturday, and by play I mean staying home with my kitties and pup and enjoying the rest of the three-day weekend with downtime and furry cuddles.)

2. My furry family never disappoints.
(My kitties and pup are the epitome of unconditional love, and I am eternally grateful for that.)

3. I once saw Eddy climb a wall, literally.
(Eddy is by far my most skittish and slightly wild cat. The short story here is that my dad was once helping me do a quick, harmless renovation in my room, Eddy's favorite place to be. Eddy got so scared when her hiding spot was bumped that she flew out, scaled the wall pretty much all the way to the ceiling, and then raced around the room until I got her grabbed and tucked away in the quiet of the bathroom for her to settle back down.)

4.You'll never hear me say that I don't want animals in my life.
(One of my greatest joys in life is sharing it with cats and dogs, and other little critter friends at certain points in my life, and that will never change.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

And now it's time for the Pet Photo Fails Blog Hop, hosted by none other than Melissa and Mudpie of Melissa's Mochas, Mysteries, & Meows.


You better believe our resident blooper queen Eddy has some outtakes to share. The first one is admittedly pretty tame, with Eddy simply looking the wrong way at the last minute.


Next up is the real blooper, in which Eddy was photobombed by her very own tongue.


Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***

Tip of the Day

Today's summer tip is a bit of a fun one, but also one relating to food and hydration. What on earth are we talking about? Popsicles! It is possible to make popsicles for your pup or even your kitty. You can mix water with a bit of peanut butter, tuna, berries, or other safe food, and then freeze the mixture in an ice tray or popsicle tray. Once they're frozen, you can let your pup or kitty lick them. You can also place these frozen treats directly in your furbaby's water bowl, perhaps to entice them to drink a bit more (just be sure to remove any food remnants from the popsicle out of the water bowl, so that no spoilage occurs). These frozen goodies can make a great treat on a hot summer day, as they can also help a dog or cat stay cool and hydrated. That being said, do ensure that your pup or kitty does not choke on small pieces of the treat, that chewers don't injure any teeth chomping on the ice, and also that your floors don't end up with melted puddles of left behind treats.

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

Great Eddy pics and fill ins! Have a great weekend!

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. Poor Eddy taking a fright though. Her photo fails are cute. Nice drawing and excellent tips. I may try to do some tuna juice pops fats.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Great answers, and love the bloopers and doodle!

messymimi said...

Eddy, i think that first pose is awesome and it doesn't surprise me a bit that you could climb a wall.

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Looking furbulous Eddie! Supurr fill-ins, and we definitely agree with #2 & #4! Happy Caturday to mew all, and we hope your weekend is truly epic!

meowmeowmans said...

We aways, always love seeing Eddy, and you sure did some great fill-ins. Good plan with #11

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

TBT: Loved your answers! I once got up and turned the shower on, not knowing that LC was sitting in the tub! She scaled a tile wal, got on the shower curtain rod, jumped on the bare shoulder (ouch) jumped down and beat on the closed door until I let her out.

Recently, Laz ran into the bathroom, jumped against the tile tub wall, bounced off, hit the tub, came out the other side of the curtain and ran out of the room at high speed.

And it wasn't even his usual FRAP time!