Monday, May 1, 2023

Mancat Monday Madness

When Evan realized it was Monday, he had the same thoughts I had.



Yikes, huh, Evan?

Speaking of yikes, that thought seems like a good enough segue to today's belated April A to Z Challenge finale.


This weekend was indeed officially when the April A to Z Challenge ended, but I was slightly derailed by a nice visit with extended family. So, we're sharing Y and Z today, and of course they fit in with my theme of "These Are a Few of My Favorite Things". To warn you, my Y and Z were heavily inspired by the fact that these letters fell when we officially reached halfway to Halloween. As a Halloween fanatic, I was all about that when summoning the doodles for Y and Z.

Now, let's start with Y. This is a weird enough letter, and at first I just told myself my Y would stand for yummy things. Then I realized I could also make my Y stand for the yikes factor, because that's sort of my vibe, so then I picked this yummy yikes illustration here.


Now, for Z, I picked zombies, or zombie movies. I am indeed one of those weirdos who enjoys horror stories of macabre nature, and that of course includes zombies, which was great for it being halfway to Halloween.


I also thought I'd include this zombie dog doodle I've shared at least a couple times in the past. It was inspired by the movie Frankenweenie.


We hope your Monday is filled with far less mess and madness than this post is!



***
Tip of the Day

Today's spring safety tip is all about that spring cleaning. In our series for Pet Poison Prevention Month, we gave some tips on household items that can potentially be toxic to our furbabies, such as if ingested. Some of these dangerous products are, of course, household cleaners. Various detergents, for example, can be very caustic or can contain toxins. This is why, if you are planning on doing some spring cleaning around your home, always think ahead and take your furbaby's health and safety into consideration.

As needed, block your kitty or pup from the rooms you are cleaning, such as with closed doors or baby gates. What's more, when cleaning products are not in use, store them safely out of reach, where curious paws cannot reach them. It is true that some household cleaners are dangerous while others are not, but if you are in any way unsure of a product's safety, err on the side of caution, assume it is dangerous, and keep it away from those furbabies while you spring clean.

6 comments:

Gidget Blue Sky said...

evan, MOL!!!

Eastside Cats said...

YIKES, it's Monday...I'm with you on that!

pilch92 said...

Evan is so adorable. Congrats on completing The A-Z Challenge. I like all the drawings. Great tips too.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Adorable doodles! Mondays are never easy...

Lone Star Cats said...

MOL, those Mondays can be yikes-worthy.

messymimi said...

Evan, Monday isn't so bad once you get used to it. And, best of all, you don't have it again for a whole week!

Congratulations on the A to Z!